1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall Got Married This Weekend

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    This tweet from Adam Schefter:

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Good for him, Congrats Brandon!!

3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Good for them. He's really showing signs of maturity and it's nice to see them work out their problems and realize the love they have for each other. I wish them the best of luck.

First Henne gets married, now Marshall. This will help the bonding between the two which will help with chemistry. This is going to be fun to watch.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Good for the team too. Being married tends to settle guys down and give them responsibility. Especially when the children come along. I know many coaches prefer married players for this reason.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Rocky he had all his big problems with his ex, he has had problems with the new chick too?? I didnt think there was any??

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Only if their wives get along!!!

7. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Being married would hopefully ground a guy more than if he was single and successful. Anyone can get into more trouble if they were rich and looking for tail

dolfan7171 and DolfanJake like this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    LOL It would suck if he went on his honeymoon and skipped camp.

Henne: "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-"

Frumundah Finnatic and 2k5 like this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I thought it was the same girl?

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No, it was definitely a different girl. I heard one report where he was allegedly arguing in public with the new girl, but that was at least a year and a half ago, maybe more. IIRC it was shortly after they got together. But there was no police report or arrests or anything. AFAIK the police were never involved. It was just a report from a random bystander. Other than that incident I have not heard of them having anything like the problems he had with the first girl.

11. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Did he marry Henne?

Two Tacos and padre31 like this.
  12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He and Henne can bond better, Marshall seems to really be maturing, or so we hope, this is all good AFAIC.

13. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Who here hasn't argued with their lady in public?

Rocky Raccoon and Conuficus like this.
  14. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I hope he doesn't reinjure his hip on the honeymoon...

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  15. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    If you are together for a while, it will happen. It just does at points.

16. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I don't get it how is Marshall getting married showing signs he is maturing ? Trust me friends there are plenty immature people getting married, most end up in divorce court.
    I do want to congratulate Brandon and wish him well but can't see how he performs on and off the field this season before we conclude if he matured any ?

17. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    There is a direct correlation between Marshall getting married and the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl. If you don't see it then I am not going to bother explaining it to you. :lol:

Two Tacos likes this.
  18. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I haven't. Not in public. Been with her about 7 years.

Puka-head and gafinfan like this.
  19. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I have been married for 22 years and been together for over 26 years and we NEVER got into argument in public, not once. As far as Marshal getting married meaning it matured him or equals into a Superbowl win I do not connect the dots. The only theory that works for me is for Marshal and the Dolphins to prove it this season on the field. Win, lose or tie I will be rooting for him and the team, I have to admit it will be weird seeing a number 19 actually getting open, catch the ball and not run about of bounds as fast as possible.

Puka-head likes this.
  20. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Since when is getting married a sign of stability? Im married and I think Im quit nuts for doing it thought I love her!! Ahh to be single in SOuth Beach damn im sad right now...

:)

21. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

This makes at least 2 women he has been in physical altercations with, which is unacceptable I don't give a **** who he is, what his ability is, etc. That being said I hope you guys are right and marriage to this woman "calms" him down, I've read WAY too many stories of husbands beating the **** out of their wives though so I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'm not hating on the guy and I like what he could potentially do for our offense, however if he gets his *** in bigtime trouble in the near future I hope we have some kind of contigencies written into his contract.

22. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, TBH I'd prefer it if he were totally single and just playing the field as marriage can calm some down, it also can magnify the issues that leads to arguments etc.

When one is single, if there is static, you can just leave and not look back, when you are married..you have to work things out..

23. Pbateman

Pbateman New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Yep well put, this is my major worry about the situation, that it COULD be a ticking timebomb. I'm still sastisfied with taking the risk on him, lets just hope it works out longterm. :up:

24. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I hope he stays out of trouble