1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall isn't happy with teammates who grumbled about the fumble

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Killerphins, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...with-teammates-who-grumbled-about-the-fumble/

Good for Marshall.

steveincolorado and dolfan7171 like this.
  2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    He has the right of it. Players have to always be focused on themselves and what they could do better.

Fans don't have that responsibility. We're not asked to put in inhuman effort in order to go out there and do inhuman things week in and week out. We get to acknowledge the reality that the referees stole the game outcome from the Dolphins. Just like that same officiating crew stole the game outcome from the Detroit Lions in Week 1.

I think part of it is the offensive/defensive attitudes. The defense was actually the unit out on the field and they're the ones that feel the most slighted because they feel like they made THE play that won the game. Offensive players when the opposing offense is on the field making a drive like the ones the Steelers were on where they looked sure to put in a go-ahead touchdown, they often don't even look at the field. They're preparing themselves to get back out there and win the game. They intentionally disconnect themselves from what is going on out there because they don't want it to affect their mindset. So that's probably why Brandon ultimately feels like what happened out there doesn't matter, what matters is what he and the offense do when they get their chance...and they blew it, when they got out there. So, he's a good player, and that means immediately he wants to blame himself and the rest of the offense. They had an opportunity to get the go-ahead FG and they fell short. They had earlier opportunities to get touchdowns, and they didn't.

Bpk, steveincolorado, eric and 12 others like this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    CK pretty much summed it up, as a fan, we were robbed, and iam still pissed..

I tell you what, I cannot wait to see the demeanor of this team come sunday..I think we will learn a lot about the leadership and the ability to motivate correctly from our coache's.

This is not going to be an easy game, the bengal's are in desperate mode, must win situation type shi$..

If we have a hangover, iam gonna be pissed, if we don't, iam gonna know were in the right hand's with Sparano..very telling game.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    agree with marshall and ck.....players need to just turn it into motivation to meet the steelers in the afc title game and take it back!

Fans? we can *****! :lol:

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    Brandon has a point, but his unit wasn't the one on the field that was robbed; so obviously he won't have the passionate feeling about that play.

The same could be said by a defensive player next time Marshall laments an offensive blunder.

6. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    This topic needs to fizzle out already

Pandarilla and steveincolorado like this.
  7. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I can fully see it both ways....one one side of the coin, regardless of what happened the offense still has to take the field and march down for the game winning field goal. On the other hand, they should have been marching down the field with a 2 point lead so it's hard to rationalize.

Sure, we have to make the plays when the game's on the line, but didn't we do that when we stripped Big Ben at the one yard line? I know *****ing doesn't help, but I'll be silently *****ing about that call for the rest of the year.......especially if the Fins miss the playoffs by one win or the tiebreaker against Pitt.

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He should have voiced his concern with his units lack of getting more than 4 yards.

9. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

10. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    I think with the likes of Dansby and Marshall leading our O and D we will come out positive and something to prove. Im sure of it.

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They can be pissed, I think that's OK as long as they dont' lose focus. They need to have the mindset that they can win the next ten games and it won't matter.

12. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I agree with CK. Which I do entirely too often. Do you have the same Jedi mind trick that Desides does?

13. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    So much insight in this post. Oftentimes, fans react to players' comments without understanding the position of the player and the scheme of the game. I truly appreciate this perspective, even if it is inferential.

14. sloppyjoer

sloppyjoer New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I agree with BM, and he's right. Not only for the turnover gifts, but we still had 2:30 left to get at least within FG range to put it away. That didn't happen; fumble, touchback, whatever.

Pandarilla likes this.
  15. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Brandon is absolutely right in his assessment, however, the Dolphins were placed in a position they should not have been in. If the call was correct on the field then the likely outcome would have been Miami ball on the 20 with 2 1/2 minutes left trying to run the clock out while Pitt burned timeouts. Not a guaranteed win by any means considering the frustrating playcalling exhibited by the Dolphins throughout the game. If Miami got the ball on the 20 and still lost the game...kudos to Pitt. Everybody has said that the Dolphins should have scored TDs on those two red-zone possessions early in the game...but nobody mentioned the 3 times the steelers were in the red zone and had to settle for FGs. (Had they scored TDs then the controversy would have been minimal) That is part of the game but a premature TD call that was proved incorrect directly impacted how the final 2 1/2 minutes played out. I am not saying the Dolphins would have won, but they were not given the opportunity that an outstanding defensive play produced.

This comment is all that needs to be written.