Brandon Marshall mentoring Roberto Wallace

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Oct 29, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, keep in mind #19 has the majority of passes headed his way, so how much of this is Hartline not being opened, or the ball is going somewhere other than to Hartline?

Hartline has been wildly inconsistent this year, the last time Hartline was really criticized he responded with the Jets game production.

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Well Wallace is a faster Brandon Marshall.

3. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    :no:

4. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Everyone remembers the bomb that Wallace did not compete for and just let it get intercepted in preseason. Needs more polish, but in time I think they will trust him again to try and overtake Hartline as the #2.

However, I like the idea that someone posted earlier. Which is line him up as a seam busting TE. I would go two TE set with Wallace. Then send him in motion. He would be a bigger matchup problem than Dustin Keller IMO. It would be kind of embarrassing having your fastest receiver be a TE...

RickyBobby likes this.
  5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    The only thing I mean is, "people fumble."

The fact that he fumbled and then was able to find the ball after he fumbled and then reach for it, doesn't make him weak or anything.

6. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    This. It honestly still looks to me like he just tossed the ball up in the air. I've never seen anything like that before. Should be embarrassed.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  7. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    It was the way that he fumbled...

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    PS

He just isn't working with Wallace, he is working with Moore.

I think in the long run, Moore will be a better WR than Wallace, Wallace gets the nod now because he plays special teams.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I think for me, I fell in the love with "Brian Hartline the 4th rd pick underdog" and rooted for him. But if your honest, the dude has been very mediocre. I want to give him every chance in the world! But if Wallace can step up and supplant him, id love that too. His size is a thing that makes offensive coordinators drool thinking of the possibilities.

10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I think for me, I fell in the love with "Brian Hartline the 4th rd pick underdog" and rooted for him. But if your honest, the dude has been very mediocre. I want to give him every chance in the world! But if Wallace can step up and supplant him, id love that too. His size is a thing that makes offensive coordinators drool thinking of the possibilities.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is that why they're constantly falling off?

12. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Haha seriously? Outstanding? He has more negative plays this year then positives. Not only has he NOT been outstanding, he's actually not even been decent.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    good post

jetssuck likes this.
  14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    He got hit from the side and the ball popped out. He reached his arms up to try and regain possession or realign it in his arms because it was coming out regardless. It looked funny but it wasn't THAT bad.

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I realize that people fumble, it looked to me that it was a lack of strength and physicality on his part, he was basically raped in mid air..lol....solution, get bigger, get stronger.

16. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm curious if Wallace averages say 2 catches for 33 yards per game with Hartline's snaps has he been more productive than Hartline with 3 for 39 based on the threat he brings with the deep pass? I think it's a pretty safe bet that if your #2 isn't doing anything beyond say what would amount to say 50 yards per game, not to mention is a non-complete non-factor in the red zone wouldn't it be better to play someone on the field that has more of a purpose. A purpose to give you that deep threat, that red zone threat. I mean you have three yardage churners on the field already, not including either RB in Marshall, Bess, and Fasano (well on pace to break his career best in yardage). You want another one in Hartline? That's pretty dumb. The Pats with Moss and Welker used a deep threat at #2 WR in Stallworth to open things up. Was he overly productive? No. Was he effective, no question.

Start Wallace and see what happens. You're not exactly lighting up the scoreboard right now.

padre31 likes this.
  17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sparano thinks that hartline is the smartest guy on the team, so we'll see how far that takes him...I hope he flourish's.

18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Wallace is also faster than Hartline, and has 35 pds on him as well.