1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall not to sure about Henne and Henning

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by huck1974, Dec 30, 2010.

1. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
  2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
  3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Dorfdad likes this.
  4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You mean like when he drops a pass right in his hands on 3rd and 5 on Sunday.
    He won't tell you about his drops or his penalties.
    He wasn't worth the comp man. The guy is a fraud. He catches the ball and down he goes. Three TD's and 2.5 YAC is not over rated..... okay :wink2:

5. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Where did he bash Henne?

“We had some opportunities this year to get it done and we didn’t do that,” Marshall said. “I guess we have to evaluate what we’ve done this year and see where we can improve and see if we can become good before we can become great.”

“Just got to let it go, you know?” Marshall said. “Don’t worry about the consequences. Just throw it up and see what happens. Throw a pick or whatever. Let’s live and die by it. We want to play smart football and we want to be consistent, but at the same time if you look at what teams do with Roddy White [Falcons], Calvin Johnson [Lions], that’s something I’m used to in the past. Just guys believing in me.
    “You make plays like that, you build confidence in each other, you get a little snowball effect. We didn’t get that this year, and it’s disappointing.”

What did he say that was "calling Henne out"? He told Henne to trust him. Henning wouldn't let Henne trust Marshall. Henning and Lee wanted Henne to play it safe.

Marshall dislikes Henning. However, I think this clearly shows that he thinks he and Henne can get it done if...IF...Henne starts to trust him.

rafael likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Can't any of Henne's flaws be Henne's fault?

RGF, Anonymous, Disciple and 4 others like this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I really don't want an offense predicated on throwing the ball UP to him...beat your man first and foremost, catch the ball consistently, than we'll talk.

His lack of strait line speed is a little disturbing.

8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    No person in history has had so little control over his own destiny.

It sounded like Marshall was criticizing the playing scared offensive philosophy. I agree with him. You let playmakers make plays.

Da 'Fins and MarinePhinFan like this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That came with the deal KillahP, BM's drops were well known before we traded for him, and I take it a step further:

He caused two of Henne's int's:

-patriots game, he broke off his route, Henne threw to were he was supposed to be that meant =pick 6
    -ravens game, he did not go up for a ball in the last 2 minutes, but he tipped it, Ed Reed picked it off

That said, I am 100% behind BM being a Dolphin, you need guys such as him.

djphinfan likes this.
  10. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    He wasn't talking about throwing jump balls up every play. Just taking a chance sometimes when you need something to happen. Like maybe when the game is on the line. Or they can continue to throw five yard routes and let time expire. Penny knew right away how to utilize Marshall. I remember him throwing one up to Marshall in the preseason and it worked pretty well.

djphinfan and MarinePhinFan like this.
  11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    this

muscle979 likes this.
  12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, 2 yrs with the guy at Qb, we watch the games we have a good idea of what he does well, and what he does poorly.

Good=ball comes out quickly and on target
    Bad=raw as a vidallia onion on to many aspects of playing Qb

13. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

Henne has lot's of faults that on are him.

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Bingo, thats it right there IMO. Hard to trust a guy to catch anything you throw at him, as a QB, or an OC if he drops as many passes as Marshall has consistently over his career. That being said, this offense, this team was never built around trusting in one another to make plays like that just throwing up the ball, it was built around... ball control. DO NOT take chances. DO NOT throw the ball up for grabs and hope your WR gets it. DO NOT, under any circumstance take a chance that might turn the ball over because we're in extremely tight, close games by design and any little mistake is magnified 10 times.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Henne leads the league in tipped passes and INTs that aren't his fault.

jdang307 likes this.
  16. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    We all know what Marshall thinks of himself. So obviously he is saying Henne is the reason they are not great.

huck1974 likes this.
  17. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I get frustrated with the drops to bro. But it's part of the deal.
    But he was not used properly in the redzone, hell, Henning barely even used him at all in the redzone.
    Explain to me how he was one of the best YAC guys the last two years in Denver and then all of a sudden he comes Miami and is one of the worst YAC guys in the league. Coincidence? Maybe. Henning's idiot play-calling? Possibly.
    Or maybe I just like blaming Henning for everything.:up:

18. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Doug Flutie doesn't have as many batted balls. I've seen Rudy QB and not have that many batted balls.

*Insert Kim Kardashian and batted ball joke here

19. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Larry Fitzgerald sucks. He's got a horrible 40 time and gave up after he got his money.

20. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Who said he bashed Henne?

21. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah its pretty clear marshall is saying henne is playing scared. supposedly marshall was ripping henne on the sideline last week also.

huck1974 likes this.
  22. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    He was ripping Henne and pointing to Thigpen. There was a lot of talk preseason about throwing it up to Marshall. It just didn't happen.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  23. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I'll never accept drops even if even they are a part of the players history. That is an excuse. I heard that for years with Chambers. Brandon needs to be focused and be a playmaker and he didn't do that this season. Sorry, for what we gave up I need to see more. I do understand the Dolphins put some heat on him with thinking he was a #1 that solved all the offensive problems and such but Marshall has to create things on his own too. Dropping easy passes right in your hands will never get a pass from me. Maybe I'm tough to please but those little things make me nuts. Like in the Chicago game when he flipped the ball to Cutler. The ref doesn't know he is playing around. Stop being cute and stay focused on playing football. Marshall is on my **** list till he proves to be worthy of the comp. That is the crux of my argument.

24. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Catches a ball and down he goes?

Guess that view from the endzone isnt so good after all because EVERY time that dude caught a ball he fought hard for Yards, YAC has alot to do with the routes you run and comebacks and curls arent gonna get you a high YAC.

Brandon Marshall didnt begin to suck, he is in the WR HELL that is Miami.....

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    No argument here on Dan Henning but BM has to take responsibility in what he can control and he doesn't. I hear excuses from him instead of standing up and saying he is part of the reason.

26. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    yeah when you consider how many times sparano talked about marshall being a receiver that even when he's covered he's open and then you consider how many times henning had delhomme throw jump balls to steve smith you are left with the conclusion that the reason we arent doing that here is henne is just scared to do it

27. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Yep down he goes..... a whopping 2.5 YAC average. The numbers don't lie bro. :wink2:

28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Would not expect a pass, and we traded for BM, Chambers was our own inhouse problem.

My point is, he was traded for, drops were a part of his make up, a leopard will not become a tiger because it changes longitude and latitude lines of address.

If one wishes to hear an unvarnished view of BM, Charles Davis was on the Joe Rose show, and it was not pretty, he basically agreed with you, BM should have caught that ball in the EZ but he just did not have enough burst to make the play.

Big picture, no B$?

Henne and BM is a very very poor marriage, it doesn't matter if BM or even Hartline will go get the ball if Henne refuses to throw it up there for them TO go get the ball.

29. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri

They do lie. He is not being used properly. A blind person can see that.

30. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Some of the best WRs are consistently at the top of the leaderboards when it comes to drops. Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson both come to mind. High number of targets = high number of drops. We're not excusing it, we're saying don't be surprised.

31. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    a blind person can also see the ball hit him square in the hands and watch it hit the turf. You can use him however you want but Marshall is paid to catch footballs and make plays and he doesn't do it.. A blind person can see that too. :up:

32. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    He has always had drops. It has nothing to do with the numbers. How he is used has everything to do with the numbers. He is not the problem with this offense. If you need to hate, hate the guys who are the cause of the problem.

33. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Funny, as soon as Brandon even comes CLOSE to saying something bad about Henne, Henne fans throw stones at him...hilarious

34. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i dont know if its throwing stones. i still think henne will develop into a legit QB but I also think he played like a *****cat this year. I think thats the problem Sparano, Henning and Marshall have all alluded too at different times. You're in the NFL, you cant play safe for 60 minutes. Pick your spots and let er rip

35. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Fifty three WR's in this league have more TD's than our star Brandon Marshall. If that doesn't bother you then you are just in love with the player and ignoring the facts.
    Hell Davone fuggin' Bess has more TD's than Brandon Marshall.
    Marshall has no reason to blame anyone but himself for the lack of production. Everyone gives him a pass on dropping balls on 3rd down.... or any down for that matter.
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That is letting a guy who makes way too much damn money off the hook. This fan base cares more about the name of the player than what they do for your team. It makes me sick to my stomach.
    No one wants to give Marshall criticism well it is me against the world then by God because I'm not letting it slide. The guy from what I have seen in a Dolphin uniform is over rated. The only one who can convince me otherwise will be Brandon himself and that has to come from a heightened level of play.

36. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Marshall has no one to blame but him? Seriously? Specially his TD production has more to do with Henne and Henning then Brandon himself does.

37. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    It has nothing to do with what he said about Henne because I agree Chad has to fling it out there more but Marshall has to shut his mouth and make the plays he can control and so far this blowhard supposed star WR hasn't done it.... Period!

38. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Agree 100%, but the other issue is how safe he plays it and his inability to keep it out of the other teams hands despite playing it so safe.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  39. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    If you can't plainly see that it has very little to do with Brandon, then this conversation is futile. Tell me, how does the entire offense compare to the rest of the league. Seriously man.

40. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Did Henne or Henning throw the ball to the sideline or flip it to Cutler. Did either of those two drop an easy first down on Sunday...... Thought not so guess what you are wrong bro. :wink2: