1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall predicts big things....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
  2. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Dude, you're unreal. It's a news explosion!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Something to read these dog days of Summer, thanks.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. Steven-O

Steven-O F*** the JETS!!

Jun 30, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    glad to see he has this thought in mind

5. AdamL

AdamL New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    good sig...

6. BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    and Marshall has played with both a talented throwing QB (Cutler before we traded him to chicago) and Orton who plays smart, so that's saying a lot.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. VA_Dolfan

VA_Dolfan New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Virginia Beach
    Marshall is a beast and were going to rip the AFC East a new one this year with him

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I tell ya...the brother got skillz:up:

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'd hate to see him predict a horrible year.

10. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Everytime I read a good article like that, I get a little more adrenalin coarsing through the veins. I cannot wait for football season. I am very excited about the team we are gonna field this year. :yes:

11. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Statements like this (although exciting) have me a little concerned. I have learned that it is always best to under promise and over deliver than it is to blast off and make big predictions. Building high expectations can be a tricky thing.

Shula was the best I ever saw, he'd fly up to Buffalo for a playoff game and be very complimentary to the Bills talent and achievement while pointing out some of the negatives on his own team. You full-well-knew that he wanted to brag but he was a master at understated psychological warfare. He quietly defused the hype and made the Bills overconfident all in less than a minute. He didn't give the other team anything to rally around.

That was an old military tactic. Crush the country and kill the people while leaving the most beloved religious temples and other such buildings alone giving the defeated people nothing to rally to build a counter attack. Shula and his players (with the exception of Byan Cox who I think helped end Shula's career) always shut their mouths and humbled themselves down.

Regardless of how good we are learning to be humble is an art form that we should learn.

Pandarilla and cobrajet like this.
  12. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Absolutely! It is always best to glue your mouth shut and do your talking on the field. Keeping mum also gives your opposition less to prepare for. I know that TV needs exploding heads these days to get ratings and nothing pleases the Nielsen ratings like a controversy, but it is best to seal you gums. :yes:

13. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Bryan Cox did sell a lot of tickets with his BS but he also gave Shula and the Miami Dolphins franchise a black eye for tolerating his crap. I am amazed that Shula didn't make him run laps until his nuts fell off. Shula must have truly softened in his old age.

Personally, I have always thought that Don Shula was fired. There was a report, and one report only, that was quickly killed by the media of a very heated exchange between Huizenga and Shula the day before the coaching change, and suddenly in walks Jimmy Johnson as though it had been planned for weeks. Shula's retirement party really didn't look like a happy event either. He was obviously crying and looked like he wanted to die.

The only reason they made it a "retirement party" was to make it look better from a public relations standpoint. Could you imagine the impact and resentment the fans would have had if it went public that Don Shula was fired?? My G-d it would have been an all out revolt! In this case "retirement" was far easier to swallow.