Brandon Marshall talking live to media LIVE

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinnhedd, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Bpk likes this.
  2. ChrisJNelson

ChrisJNelson www.phins-spotlight.com

Jan 25, 2010
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I think Darlington, Volin, and Ken La Vicka all do a really good job. Andrew Carter is surprisingly not bad and hasn't been ruined by Omar yet. But Omar and Mike Berardino don't know football and Omar is more concerned about being buddies with the black players on the team than doing an objectively good job. Armando is too much of a fan to be a good objective report either. The pickings can be quite thin.

3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

And I'm sure his show will be

[​IMG]

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    exactlty brother, Thats one deep, introspective, complex, bad ***...Would love to meet him and tell him so.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, tbh, I simply cannot stomach Ben Volin, like La Vicka and Darlingont, that is besides the point as personal feelings for me, in this, have no place, Marshall has staked his flag on a mental issue, all that can be done is wait to see how it plays out, for me no different then when Ricky was going on his bizarre trip around the world.

He got himself straightened out and has been a model citizen since then, why wouldn't Marshall also have the same "wait and see" approach offered to him?

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Except Brandon Marshall has a real illness. Talking about your mistakes is probably the worst way to make people forget them.

7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Is it possible that the only difference here is that what some call Personality Disorder (with treatment plans) others call 'a-hole' in the same way some say 'drunk' and others say 'alcoholic'. AA has helped 'drunks' once they start seeing their issue as a treatable issue like 'alcoholism'.

Similarly, what some people would call "my hurt knee", could be diagnosed as "partially torn MCL" and then actually treated.

It all depends how much actual care and attention you feel it's worth to understand an issue and its possible resolutions. For many the preference is to keep it surface, simple and label it without trying to understand it.

That's not a camp I believe in. IMO that attitude is negative and solves nothing, but archetypically labels and judges everything.

TiP54, Third Man, Muck and 2 others like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    then I will remind myself to not trust those peoples judgement including yourself, as it pertains to human beings emotional problems, and disorders..

That was a freakin man comin clean..maybe you have never walked in shoes like that..your response tells me that you might be one to have some issues.

Anonymous and ToddsPhins like this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

By the way, I appreciate you showing up here to discuss this openly, despite taking flak for your attitude. At least you're willing to have an open discussion about it.

I don;t agree with your viewpoint, but I am glad you're willing to express it, and to listen to other peoples' views.

Agree to disagree. lol.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  10. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Who says he's selling anything? That type of cavalier attitude is what BPK might be referring to.

11. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    We watched the same press conference as them, so I think they're no more qualified to judge than we are. Clearly he is reciting a lot of terminology and information that he's (proud) to have learned over the last few months. But that doesn't make him a phony. Just an unpolished public speaker.

Frankly, I knew about his mental state at season's end and some of the in-season conflicts he had within the team, which will never get out. That doesn't mean much, except that I knew how much he struggled mentally during the season, and knew for a fact he was seeking help and wanted to get his life on track before any of this stuff with his wife went down. Heck, I know people who were close to him before his UCF days. And things that he talked about today line up with what I know about him from years ago, along with what I know from last season.

I've shot the **** with guys on the beat at bars and such when I used to run around down there. They ain't all bad, but they tend to be cynical and will condescendingly gossip like lots of people do in any other job. They report 10% of what they know because the rest crosses the line and/or betrays trusts.

Chris Henry was a volatile knucklehead to the world until he died and they found that he'd been living with brain damage. The point being, some people are *******s. And some people are *******s because there's something wrong with them.

TiP54, Jt0323 and ToddsPhins like this.
  12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Who is Chris?

13. Third Man

Third Man Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Brilliantly stated.

/thread