Brandon Marshall to Dolphins for second-round picks in 2010, 2011

332 replies

VaarkVaarkForum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 10:46 AM

"FinFan316 wrote:

I would say this probably mean Denver is taking Bryant....

I gotta hope one of the tackles falls to 12 and someone like GB is motivated to trade up. If we could somehow still pick in the first round and get our second back, this would be the most incredible off season in a long, long time.

I am, for the first time in a long, long time, excited about the Fins. Usually, I am just "hopeful".

I wouldn't discount Jerry Jones exchanging 1sts and throwing in their second or Clayton if he could scoop up Bryant or Earl Thomas @12.

FIFinFan316New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:46 AM

"FinSane wrote:

#@%&%#@&*%#@!!!!!

I don't believe it! Wow!

Looks like well have to trade down now.


That would be ideal....what if we trade back and, as I've seen in some mocks, Rolando McClain is there at 22? I think we pick him. That would give us a sick, physical defense, and then we could use our second and third rounders on guys like Ricky Sapp or Jason Worilds.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:48 AM



hahahah

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:49 AM

you guys think JT wants to go to the Jets now.....?? take the one year deal JT...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Apr 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 10:52 AM

Chad Henne's guttural yell actually woke me up this morning.

Marshall
Bess
Cammarillo
Hartline
Ginn

That's as deep as you'll find. We're not the NYJ with three number 2s. We have a legit NUMBER 1, and some wonderful supporting weapons.

Chad Henne is going to light people the **** up.

I can't remove the ****-eating grin from my face.

Someone get TD to run onto the field at Joe Robbie, wave the flag, and let's kick this sonnovabitch off right now.

If someone told me going in that we'd add Dansby, Marshall and still keep our number 1 draft pick, I would have nutted. Outstanding job, FO.

In the AFC East, To quote a wise man:

"**** just got real."

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
Apr 14, 2010, 10:52 AM

great news :thanx::butthead:

this also helps CBs Davis and Smith in practice! :yes:

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:53 AM

So how does the depth chart shake out at WR?

1. Brandon Marshall
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. Ted Ginn Jr.
6. Patrick Turner

surferosasurferosaNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:54 AM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

We now signed the 2 biggest players on the market and brought in one of the best defensive minds in football this offseason.

Will you people now stop bitching about the FO not doing anything?

Seriously! :up:

SuperMarksBros.SuperMarksBros.Forum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 10:55 AM

"Samphin wrote:

So how does the depth chart shake out at WR?

1. Brandon Marshall
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. Ted Ginn Jr.
6. Patrick Turner

I'll try:

1. Brandon Marshall
2. Ginn-perfect #2 in the Alvin Harper mold
3. Bess-slot
4. Hartline
5. Camarillo/Turner
6. Cut

"Best feeling in the world, when I'd call out the play the other team was about to run and see the look on their faces." ---Zach Thomas

MAMarshall_15New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 10:59 AM

Marshall made Kyle Orton look like a All Star QB at times, Chad Henne is going to look 3X better now! {chills going up and down my spine]

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 10:59 AM

"SuperMarksBros. wrote:

I'll try:

1. Brandon Marshall
2. Ginn-perfect #2 in the Alvin Harper mold
3. Bess-slot
4. Hartline
5. Camarillo/Turner
6. Cut

Hopefully we trade Ginn and get a number 2 back.

Cammarillo is too shorthanded to discard.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:00 AM

This is such an awesome day. The arms race in the AFC East is ON! And we just won!

Henne probably just sent a new rolex to Bill and Jeff

ClipseClipseNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:01 AM

Wow, I'm completely shocked. Not exactly happy, but shocked. Love his talent, but you're crazy if you're not worried about him being suspended for a year.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:01 AM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

Hopefully we trade Ginn and get a number 2 back.

Cammarillo is too shorthanded to discard.

There is no way Ginn EVER garners us a 2nd round pick.

The Aqua CrushThe Aqua CrushNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:03 AM

"Samphin wrote:

There is no way Ginn EVER garners us a 2nd round pick.

A 6th if were lucky. He's worth keeping just for his special teams instead of a late day two pick.

Who knows, with the attention Marshall will get, Ginn might benefit from this too.

FIFinFan316New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:05 AM

"cobrajet wrote:

Here is the full story....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

"Marshall is scheduled to fly to Miami to take his physical and, if he passes, sign what will be one of the most lucrative wide receiver deals in NFL history, according to league sources. In return, the Broncos will get two high draft picks for a player who caused them headaches in addition to making plays."

This guy cost us a fortune, two high picks and a three bottles of aspirin......he had better play like hell!


And yet if he was on our team last year instead of Ginn, we would beaten the Colts and the Saints...the two SB teams, IIRC.

Bottom line...we are now a top echelon team in the NFL, when you consider Dansby, Incognito (very underrated pickup, IMO), Mike Nolan, and now, Brandon Marshall.

ATAthrun340New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:06 AM

What a great way 2 start my day! We got Brandon! It's gonna b hard to stack the line of scrimmage. Ronnie & I r the happiest people on Earth...

...Buuuuttt....now I have a reality check as I walk in to workout! Ugghhh!...Come on Brandon, come join us for these workouts!

-Dolphins RB Ricky Williams, via Twitter.

Im pumped!! imagine Marshall blocking for the wildcat.

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 11:06 AM

"Samphin wrote:

There is no way Ginn EVER garners us a 2nd round pick.

Of course not, but we can stock pile later round picks and parlay that into a second possibly with some maneuvering.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:08 AM

On a side note, who was the guy on this forum with the signature saying, that he would donate 100 bucks if Marshall is a Dolphin?? Pony up boyeeeeeeeee!!!

hint hint I should get "thanks" from all the mods on here hahahahah just joking...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

DarkLadyJetsDarkLadyJetsNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:09 AM

I just wanted to come and personally congratulate you on a nice move.FINALLY you guys join the partay!!!:lol: B-Marsh is a beast. It's a great time to be a fan of an AFC E team--well unless you're a Bills fan. It's hilarious that the JETS & Phins are getting better while the Pats are content with all their second round picks.
SHould be an interesting season, and another challenge for Revis!

bigbrybigbryNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:11 AM

"finyank13 wrote:

On a side note, who was the guy on this forum with the signature saying, that he would donate 100 bucks if Marshall is a Dolphin?? Pony up boyeeeeeeeee!!!

hint hint I should get "thanks" from all the mods on here hahahahah just joking...

I read that as well:
Here is where he could donate:

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=47828

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Apr 14, 2010, 11:13 AM

"SuperMarksBros. wrote:

I'll try:

1. Brandon Marshall
2. Ginn-perfect #2 in the Alvin Harper mold
3. Bess-slot
4. Hartline
5. Camarillo/Turner
6. Cut

Not a chance. Hartline and Bess are 2-3.

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Apr 14, 2010, 11:14 AM
"muck wrote:

filed to espn.

major boneage brother!


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

bakedmattbakedmattNew Member
Apr 14, 2010, 11:16 AM

"Athrun340 wrote:

Im pumped!! imagine Marshall blocking for the wildcat.

:lol: On a list of Pros, that might come in last.

@matthewfpepin