1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall Training and running a sub 4.5 and 22.5pmh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jackson, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I like arguing with him... :)

Killerphins likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This is one of the odder things about dolfans, scream for years about "get a #1 Wr!!" we get one, he has a decent yr, and now he is "not worth it"?
    \
    That makes no sense, I do think Beast has maturity issues, do think he is needed on the roster as confrontation in the NFL, leads to improvement.

Ozzy likes this.
  3. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    It wasnt even a "decent" year. Its one of the best years we've had from a WR in the last decade...

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Considering that Marshall would probably say he could/will do better, I can't wait to see whats next.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Thing is though, that is relative to how poor our Wr's have been the last decade, enough so that Greg Camarillo's shortened 2008 season counts for the #2 or #3 best season in that time frame, if BM's season is looked into with a entire NFL context it was not particularly great.

Take Rod White for example, he had a stellar 2007 season with a bad Falcons team in that context 88/1080 is not particularly note worthy and why Beast is going all out on speed training, and in his defense this is the first offseason in yrs where he is 100% healthy, the last 2 or 3 yrs he had hip issues and couldn't work out as hard as he is now.

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Oh, I'm with you. It was a "decent" year by his standards. But it shows you how bad we have been hurting for WR help, and when we do get a talented one who was better than anything we've had in a while, some are still not happy?

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, makes no sense does it?

ButwhatdoIknow?

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You think? I haven't even gotten started in that area. Like when he flipped the ball to Cutler last year in the Bears game trying to be cute and funny. That was one of the dumbest and most unfocused things I've seen in a long time. So he is more concerned about rubbing it in his old team mates face than the god damn football game. What a total freakin' idiot. Or when he tosses the ball to the sideline for another penalty. Another great move by this genius. There was a TD play for Bess where he was on the sideline and threw a cup in anger. Well if you could actually score TD's you might not be on the sideline Brandon. But after all he has 50 million dollars so he can do whatever he wants.....right. No wonder he was stabbed for having an attitude like that. The guy is not only a fraud on the football field but he is a puke in real life. Not the combination we need on this football team.
    He better have learned how to grow up after the fiasco of a year he has had..... but then again when he came to Miami he said he had changed and got his life back together. How many times are people going to continue to believe him and say... "He will have a break out year just cause". There is no grounds to believe that or even trust anything that comes out of his mouth.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Threw a cup of water on the sidelines?

Oh heavens!

He also has not gotten his 50 million dollar payday as of yet, if one recalls the club has to pick up the option.

For me, looking at BM with some perspective, he was worth Sergio Kindle and Orlando Franklin, and I recall when Jaason Taylor led the NFL for yrs in offsides penalties, BM had four flags thrown on him, two for messing around on the field with the football and 2 pass interference penalties when he manhandled Db's, I can live with it.

FinNasty and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Which is why I criticized Henning for not moving Marshall around and using him in a slot a little more and try to create some mismatches. Not the WR's fault.
    Physical guy who doesn't break coverage all year season makes me scratch my head..however.

11. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Dwayne Rudd... :lol:
    Porter damn near did that.

The second bolded statement is also :lol:

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You remember the game Travis?
    It was 3-0 then 6-0 then 9-0.... All we had to do was put together a drive and we would have been in the game. It was a dumb penalty.

Dumbest thing I've EVER seen on the football field ?.... When did I say that .....
    Never....

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The penalty came when we were behind 6-0 and wiped out a 14 yd gain. It really was a pretty dumb thing to do. It wasn't a penalty of aggression, which IMO one can excuse and understand sometimes. It was a penalty of total lack of mental focus.

It's not the kind of thing you want from any player, but most especially your go to receiver and reputed star amongst the skill position players. He is supposed to be a leader and needs to act like it.

djphinfan and Killerphins like this.
  14. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    That is the crux.

Not tough to comprehend really.

15. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'am on the record..boy needs to grow up, this year...needs to act like a man on the field, and play better football, faster football, with better hands...Let him play a little wcqb, he can throw some deep balls to gates instead of the sideline..