1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread******

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Jul 3, 2012.

1. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    You can buy them from Amazon. 1.99ea I think.

2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    How dare you!??!

3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Who's more awesome Walt or MacGyver?

I get a kick how everytime Walt goes all chemistry genius to find solutions to problems ...it's kinda Macgyver-ish

4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Do you use torrents? You should find both episodes rather easily.

5. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    No I don't unfortunately. I'll just wait til netflix I guess :(

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Call everyone *****? Have a semiweird obsession with the well being of small children?

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nappy, just rob an internet store and download the torrent.

8. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Peer pressure always has made me commit crimes. You've convinced me. I'm going to look into torrents, never done them before.

9. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    You mean we don't see the end until next year? I was expecting it to finish this year...disappointing.

10. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Yeah, they broke it up into 8 episodes this year and the last 8 next year. I hope that the next 8 start at the beginning of the year and not July.

11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The last two episodes (train heist & MacGyver escape) have been my favorites of the whole series. This show gets better and better.

I'm thinking Walt's "plan" involves making some sort of deal to go in with the Phoenix drug dealers...and then double-crosse the sh!t out of them. Every heist movie has a double-cross at the end. EVERY ONE! The double-cross for the train heist has yet to come, but it will come.

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Uh no. How about the time he saved Gus and Mike?

He's also gotten clean and gotten his **** together in his personal life.

13. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    His biggest mistake was not blowing out Walt's brains when his instinct told him to.

I still don't get why Mike, a seasoned professional who knows that Walt is powder keg about to explode and take them all out let him live and secured him to the wall like an amateur. Once Walt tried to steal the chemicals he should have been shot dead.

I can't wait for Walter to get popped, I just worry that he will leave a trail off innocents in his wake.

14. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Anyone else think this Todd kid is linked up with the other drug crew?

SICK likes this.
  15. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Anyone else think this Todd kid is linked up with the other drug crew? He has relatives in prison and could be the perfect mole to figure out the cook so Walt can finally be eliminated

16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Ughhh that was soooo gay.

How they did that really hurt the series for me.

17. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    I thought it was great. Mike was a goner, on the run and out of options. What is gay is that Walter doesn't have a bullet in his head. If only his first of many cowardly moves happened the way it should have when he tried to kill himself in the first episode.

18. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    How was he a goner? He had his passport and was ready to bounce.

Now Walt puts way more heat on himself and an even bigger mess to clean up. Just stupid.

I hate how they turned Walt in to a complete idiot. Ya ya I know he's breaking bad but they shouldn't of made him ****ing bipolar with one half ******.

19. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Walter always was a piece of garbage, an emotionally unstable, calculating wreck that is his worst own enemy. I never respected him and luckily have had the benefit of watching all the episodes over the course of several weeks to pick up on some key pointers.

1) What type of person gets a diagnosis of cancer and hides it from his pregnant wife and family?
    2) What kind of person, leaves a successful start up for reasons unknown? It is CLEAR that his ex-GF was in love with him and that his destructive tendencies caused him to leave her. After all, when he confronted her in the restaurant she said that HE left and looked like she never had closure as to why.
    3) Walter abandoned the company he helped create and is now using this perceived wrong to fuel his psychopathic tendencies.
    4) When cornered he chose to put a bullet in his head. Luckily for him, and unluckily for everyone else, it misfired.
    5) The flashback scene where Walter and Skyler were shopping for their new home and he is torn by his own sense of ambition and lack of happiness with his pregnant wife and potentially new home. The directors didn't add this opening scene for fluff, it gave us insight in to his charchter. He wasn't happy then with his position in life, despite having a wife significantly younger than him and a child on the way.
    6) What kind of loving father purchases a dangerous sports car for his disabled son? What type of outcome does he expect? Another insight in to his self destructive and dangerous mindset.
    7) He certainly suffers from delusions of granduer and believes his own twisted logic. The scene with Skyler and the watch was painful to watch, only a truly delusional person would try to convince their spouse that having a gun pointed to his head and surviving it would bring her back to him.
    8) His web of lies is mind numbing.
    9) He has manipulated everyone around him and is fueled by vengeance and power, not his family.

I'm sure there is plenty more, but this last episode has my head ringing.

SICK likes this.
  20. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    One more thing.. When he fears that Walt JR may question his legacy, he goes in to a long speech about his last memory of his father - With a lasting point that Walt Jr should have a positive view of him, even if he found out that he was a murdering, drug dealing, manipulating low life... On the flip side of it, he had chances to get out of the business and cash out, purchased his son a killer sports car, and has endangered his entire family time and time again. Sounds to me like a person suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder.

21. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Haven't seen last night's episode, so skipping the last few posts...

Having said that, am I the only one who thinks Hank already knows about Walt? And may have known for some time? The scene where his boss mentioned Gus Fring being "right under his nose" and also a much more subtle scene where Hank walks into Fring's office and lays eyes on the computer. He claims he never saw it and that it was encrypted, but I wonder. I think Hank is too smart to not know yet. I also think he knows his office is bugged. He's letting it be bugged I think.

As for my prediction on the series finale:

Walt on his deathbed with Walt Jr. looking on. Walt Jr. will realize what his father has become and will see his father as a dying, empty and corrupt man. The scene from season 4 where Walt tells Walt Jr. about his father dying from Huntington's disease foreshadowed this type of ending, IMO.

22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I think Jesse is going to kill or try to kill Walt after finding out about Mike.....wonder how Walts gunna try to spin it?

23. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    I think Walt destroys the body and claims that Mike took off to an island and will never be heard from again.

Jesse may never find out about the poison or Mike.

24. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Hydrochloric acid time!

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  25. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Walt took Mike out because Mike was the main link from the 9 reminding members of Gus' crew that would turn on Mike. Therefore if Mike is gone, the DEA isn't able to take Mike in to possibly get him to flip on Walt and Jesse. It makes perfect sense why Walt would do it. Anyone in Walt's position would have done it. Do you think Gus would have let Mike just go off to live somewhere in the world just because he had a passport? Heck no, you clean up any loose ends. That's what Walt did. Now those 9 guys in jail will flip and give Mike's name to the DEA and without Mike being alive where does that lead the DEA to? Nowhere, it's a dead end.

I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about Mike. I loved the character but realistically he didn't serve a purpose to the show anymore. The DEA was on to him, he told Walt he was retiring, what more could he have done? They didn't off him just to shock the viewers, they did it because it made sense.

And the reason why Walt sometimes looks lost or like a fool (like how he botched the shooting of Mike) is to remind the viewers that Walt isn't a pro (like someone like Mike is) and that he does still make mistakes.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Jesse will most definitely find out about the poison, Mike and how Walt watched his girlfriend OD. I don't think a show like this would let those things go without him finding it out. Heck Walt being as cocky as he is now might tell Jesse himself (seems like the most obvious way because how else will Jesse know those things).

27. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Say my name!

28. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    You forget that the members of Walt's crew have at least some level of knowledge of the whole operation. That's why Walt still plans to get the names from Lydia and have them killed.

29. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    So you have been watching this show for all 4+ seasons and you wish it ended after the first episode? The fact that you have such passionate hatred for the lead character of the show just shows what a great job the writers have done with his character. :lol:

SICK likes this.
  30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good point I mean even Walt said to Mike he'll get them from Lydia. But it's all about tying up loose ends. Mike was a loose end.

31. BlameItOnTheHenne

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [video=youtube;0u0PpE8MCmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0u0PpE8MCmU[/video]

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  32. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [video=youtube;9moPQoJWX58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9moPQoJWX58[/video]

Now Walter White HAS to say this.

33. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Because the way they took him out was gay.

1. Mike wouldn't of wanted Walt to get his bag for him. He could of had numerous other people do it.
    2. Mike knew there was a gun in the bag so he'd of known to of brought another one with him.
    3. If he didn't have another gun, there was no way he'd of turned his back to Walt like that and given him the chance to kill him.

Mike was too smart and calculating to leave himself open like that, which is why his death was just weak.

We all knew the second we saw the gun in that bag and Walt being the one to bring it to him what would happen.

34. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    1. Mike, at the time, only had 3 options to bring him his bag: Saul, who didn't want to go, Jesse, who Mike wouldn't let go and Walt.
    2. Mike was at the time was in the playground with his granddaughter. We are to assume that he went right from the playground to his car to the hide out. Maybe he was carrying a gun with him with his granddaughter, maybe not, but it's not like Mike had time to go home and grab a gun if he didn't have one with him.
    3. What would you have liked Mike to do? Attack Walt after Walt handed him the bag?

I agree Mike was too smart and calculated to leave himself open like that but it was obvious Mike was panicked, he was screwed and he knew it with the police. For the first time since we've seen Mike it was the first time he showed weakness of not being cool or in control.

Again I don't think it was so far fetched that Walt could get the upper hand on him. Walt got the upper hand on Gus and the upper hand on Mike just the episode before.

35. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    1. Like Saul couldn't of sent numerous people like Huel or any of the Vamanos people?
    2. You don't think a guy like Mike could of had connections to get one in a sec?
    3. Checked the bag asap and not turned his back on Walt.

It was way too out of character and obvious that it'd happen.

36. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    1. Sure Saul could have, but would Mike trust them?
    2. Possibly but again he was on the run from the cops. It's possible he didn't trust his connections or didn't think it was safe to contact them. But let's say he did have a gun, what would he have done when Walt showed up with the bag? Point the gun at Walt to get him to hand over the bag? Walt was doing him the favor of bringing his stuff. He NEEDED Walt at that point in time, Walt was his key to freedom.
    3. Again, I think you're missing the point that for the first time in the show Mike isn't the one in control. He trusted Walt to get him to safety. Yes ultimately it was foolish for him to trust Walt but at that point in time he had no reason not to.

37. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    1. Probably more than he'd trust Walt.
    2. Keep his eyes on Walt and not turn his back. He didn't need Walt, he needed anyone who could walk and drive a bag to him.
    3. Which is something his character never would of done, hence poor writing.

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    1. You're assuming that, We don't know that to be the case. For all we know all of the people Mike trusted were dead or in jail. Mike could have been thinking the cops might know all of his "friends" and could have been watching them.
    2. He did keep his eyes on Walt, until he got into his car, by that point he had no reason to not trust Walt. Walt brought him his stuff, gave it to him and let him get all the way to his car. IF we, the viewer, didn't see the gun in the bag we wouldn't have any reason to be suspicious of Walt either at that point.
    3. I don't think it was poor writing at all. I think it shows that Walt is a dangerous guy (even if he isn't a pro) and is now even more cold blooded. Mike, again for the first time during the show wasn't his usual cool/calm/collected self because he was finally in a position where he wasn't in charge or had any power. I think it showed he was distracted with having to get out of town as soon as possible that he put blind faith in Walt because he didn't want Jesse to get into trouble by bringing him his stuff he decided it was better to have Walt bring him his stuff than to risk Jesse getting caught.

39. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    1. Then he would of just had Saul do it.
    2. No he didn't. He had his back turned for a lot of it. He still should of let Walt leave first and def check the bag for the gun if he didn't have another. lol Why wouldn't Mike be suspicious? It's his bag and he knows the gun was in it. Obv he knows Walt is trouble.
    3. He could of just had Saul do it.

40. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    WW....

So upset it's next summer.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G using Tapatalk.