1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking: Bill Lazor fired per SI

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LBsFinest, Nov 30, 2015.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    You don't think it's a joke. You're saying that to try and minimize the criticism you've taken for saying it. Yet, here you are agreeing with it... and now trying to make a case for it.

What did Swearinger, a notoriously dirty player in college taking a shot at Keller's knees have to do with Tannehill?

Sims landed awkwardly diving for a bad pass. How is it Tannehill's fault he landed awkwardly and hit his head off the turf?

Matthews was going to get rocked regardless where that pass was. It was another pass, where he's the only WR downfield close to the first down, and everyone else was barely past the LOS. If that pass is in front of, or behind him (like it was) he's getting smoked there. So... are we not supposed to try and get the first down, so we can check it down and continue that narrative instead? Lets make up our minds here.

This is a physical game, guys get hit, guys get hurt. Big deal. I mean, to an extent, I get your point... there's times where QB's hang WR's out to dry like that. The Williams play was probably one of them IMO... the Sims one, was a bad pass, but... it's not really anybody's fault that Sims landed the way he did.

Like, claim it's a joke all you want, but it's something you've bought into apparently, because you're trying to justify it.

I'm all for criticizing players when need be... but this is just... this is just ridiculous IMO.

2. finsfandan

finsfandan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I'm done defending myself. I've gone over the arguments already. Agree to disagree but stop pretending I learn about football from a radio personality. I like the nickname Tannekill. Don't read so much into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    no offense but a lot of this tannehill injuring people is a bunch of bull**** IMO. keller was a dirty hit. you know how many times a game a top notch qb leads their receivers/running backs into dangerous hits?you know how many times tom brady has led julian edelman into a dangerous situation? or wes welker?
    [video=youtube;vgjRis4vDao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgjRis4vDao[/video]
    matthews was going to get blasted no matter where the throw was, sims hit the ground, happens a million times a game, usually the player bounces back up and nothing happens. making tannehill out to be any different is ridiculous.

resnor likes this.
  4. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    Notice how Welker wasn't led into anything.

5. Shane Falco

Shane Falco Banned

Nov 22, 2015
    I haven't heard. Who is his replacement?

Zac Taylor?

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No one's reading anything into it. You like it because you think it's true.

Which is all anyone had said. You cited Big O to give your viewpoint credibility, I guess.

7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Neither was Matthews. He was getting blasted anywhere that ball was thrown in his direction. Keller was taken out by a dirty player dowing a dirty hit. Sims is a klutz.

8. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    "Citing Big O as an actual authority." Never said he's an authority.

9. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    "Reference the Big O as evidence" "say you only get info from your own eyes and mind."

10. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    "When you want to listen to a guy that most would probably classify as a radio/media personality, rather than a credible source of information... Go listen to the guys that actually talk, study, and know football... but you're getting your information from a pretty poor source if that's what you want to listen to."

11. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    Just reposted claims that I view him as an authority, that that's where I get my information from, that I should get my info elsewhere.

Edit: and again, I'm not referring to him for credibility. I brought him up to tell you guys about the nickname.

12. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    Nobody wants to listen to PBS all day for raw information. I enjoy the entertainment value Big O offers. That's it. Don't read too much into it. It's ridiculous anybody would think anything other than that.

13. Shane Falco

Shane Falco Banned

Nov 22, 2015
    Who referenced that idiot Big O?

I owned that clown on twitter, he blocked me lol

14. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire

it was a bad throw that slowed down his momentum and allowed the safety to blast him, if that was tannehill man the boards would be going all out with pitchforks, people on this board bend over backwards to defend anyone on any other team but there own.

resnor likes this.
  15. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I dunno man, generally people don't quote people that they disagree with.

No one forms their own opinions out of thin air. We all base or opinions on evidence that we see and hear. You've already said that you agree with Big O. Why insist on acting like you don't think he validates your opinion?

16. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    No question we need to run the ball more than we have been this year. But I still feel like we fired a guy with legit, potentially unique talent at OC.

Last year he came in and installed an offense that in its first season put up 24.3ppg (up from 19.8 the year prior). The run game was super efficient, and we moved the ball consistently. I feel like he really showed something. People on this board (myself included) praised him for much of the offseason, and many said we'd better make him HC before someone steals him away. A sharp, very likable guy who made an immediate impact. He was by far the most-liked coach on the staff.

I'm wary of how quickly that enthusiasm turned. I don't know how the dynamic is among the staff, but man, couldn't they just sit him down and tell him 'run the damn ball, or else'? Maybe that's what happened, I don't know. Or give the playcalling responsibilities to someone else.

Not a fan of firing a guy who, you could argue, earned a *rising star* type label less than a year ago. Won't be at all surprised if he learns from this, sticks around the League, and eventually has a lot of success.

17. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    It is a bit funky to me, in lieu of what you said.

18. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015

Labor may be calling some innovative plays that will eventually work with the right players, but he was unable to adjust to the talent level along his OL and QB. He was more of a bad fit than an idiot.

19. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    He was a bad fit in the same sense that Tannehill is a bad fit to an offense that doesn't have a completely solid supporting cast surrounding him. Lazor's inability to adjust to the players' abilities is an indictment of his ability as an OC.. it's much more than a bad fit IMO.

20. finsfandan

Dec 14, 2014
    I agree with him. I didn't hear that and then come to the conclusion that Tannehill kills his pass catchers.

The evidence is game tape. He's done it several times in his short career. He doesn't validate my opinion. I like the nickname.

21. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Why is there an issue with this?