1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking: Chiefs player kills girlfriend, commits suicide at team facility

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pennphinfan, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It kinda lends the impression he was punishing himself for his action rather than a true intended suicide.

2. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I agree. Going to the stadium, and thanking the GM and coach looks like a cry for help for sure. The reports are varied, but it sounds like he did this in front of the entire team, or at least members of the coaching staff. If that's the case then Goodell has to postpone the game. Has to.

Belcher was one of my favorite KC Chiefs - an underrated guy who flew under the radar. He was only 25. Just sad all the way around.

As for the background, it's too early to speculate, but I really hope this isn't another case where brain injuries played a part in all of this.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Damn.

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    You just never know sometimes.

Lends some credence to what some of you are talking about (punishment, cry for help, etc.).

ToddPhin likes this.
  5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    The only extra info I could gather is that the un-named chiefs player is 25 years old.

6. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    needs to be a mental problem to drive him to kill hes wife and at the end himself, what a devastating story.....frankly I don't know what to think

7. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Tragic, I feel more for the baby left behind. Hopefully the team sets up some kind of trust fund for the kid. I imagine Belcher realized "life as he knew it" was over and wanted one last look at the stadium where his NFL dreams happened. Maybe he needed to say that goodbye to the guys that gave him a chance to play.

The most cynical response I've seen about this? Some kid over at NeoGAF forum posted:

"Waiting for goodell to suspend all involved and fine them."

Says a lot about my dark sense of humor, that I can almost laugh at that.

8. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Maybe help from killing himself?

9. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I get that...just seemed he spent very little time looking for that help or trying to talk it through with the people he met in the parking lot

10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    In front of his mother. Dude had to have just lost it.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Surprise, Arizona
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Not necessarily. Human emotions are extremely volatile. It's obviously not right to take another's life, but we don't know the circumstances surrounding it. His gf could've been bipolar with anger management issue for all we know, and they got in an argument, and she pushed him until he finally snapped. It can happen. I'm the kind of person who will carry an insect (other than fly, cockroach, or poisonous spider) out of the house b/c I believe every creatures deserves the right to live, but I will say---- I had a bipolar ex who, during one escalated argument on her part, backed me into a corner to where I could feel myself on the verge of mentally snapping if I couldn't quickly remove myself from her and go for a walk.

Therefore, I don't want to jump to conclusions by labeling Belcher a murderer until we know the entire story. He could be entirely sane and simply snapped, and then believed he could never live with his actions of taking a life. Driving to the facility to thank Pioli & Crennel changes the context of the typical murder-suicide where the person offs himself in an irrational state of mind b/c he can't fathom life without the other.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  13. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    People are ****ing idiots.

Feel bad for the baby but at least he/she is ok.

14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    And in front of coaches too.....crazt stuff....

15. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'm sure Roger has the Panthers going while they try to figure stuff out. They really can't do much beyond maybe move the game to Monday. There's too much money involved and it's not like you can push the entire season by a week and there's no bye left to move to. Roger's between a rock and a hard place here.

16. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    Man, this is sad...I feel bad for their families and for that little girl. Suicide is such a cowardly act, the only thing it does is hurt the people you leave behind. .I also think it is quite disrespectful for some of you to be making jokes about fantasy football at this point.

jegol71, MrClean and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  17. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Maybe... if it's th same network. otherwise all sorts of money agreements get thrown into play.. # of games contractually to be televised by the network, advertising dollars sold for the broadcast etc etc.

Which.. who the hell wants to think about that right now. I think they have to sort that stuff out tonight with both team owners, league officials, and TV people.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  18. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Sad. Seems like a very tugh time of year for people... Thanksgiving post-depression... then the holiday season... add onto that the way the Chiefs are dead worst in the league and this weekend teams are clinching playoff spots.

Just a tough time emotionally, I'd think, for some Chiefs players...

I bet family issues came into play here too.

19. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'm sure Roger never thought this would be what he'd be doing on the weekend. I would NOT want to be in his shoes. I don't think he can 'win' at all here.

20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    How sad. Talk about wishing life had that little reset button.

21. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Terrible news all around. My thoughts an d prayers to all involved. :(

22. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    It is very sad. although I can't agree with all the posters that think the game should be canceled or moved to another venue. let the chiefs players play for their lost friend.

Aqua4Ever04 and shula_guy like this.
  23. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    damn that's crazy. A two month old with no parents, how sad.

24. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    WOW, it's quite upsetting to see all these players around the league sending out Twitter prayers & condolences to the Chiefs' & Belcher's family while entirely ignoring the victim's. :pity:

Fin-Omenal and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  25. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I will admit that Chris Beniot popped up in my mind but the situations are completely different. Beniot killed his wife, a day later, with his wife dead in his house he then killed his child, and then killed himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    being ****ing crazy would be my thought.

27. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Fvck your god damn fantasy team. If you were trying for the most tasteless classless comment, I think you made it. Then to top it off, you get some Fist Bumps for making it. :pity:

28. jegol71

jegol71 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Thank you for saying that last part much more tactfully than I am capable of right now. Though mine would have been more colorful. So much pain to go around, and it gets mutated into a bad fantasy football joke butt. I hope it's just a coping mechanism for people, but I doubt it.

29. jegol71

jegol71 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    THIS. May be in the FF playoffs, but not winning at much else.

30. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    What a piece of ****.

Taking your girlfriend with you, and leaving behind a 2 month old without parents.

I don't care what is wrong with you, you are still a piece of ****.

31. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I don't.

32. JimToss

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I can see no scenario where this is justified as being anything else.
    It is going to be sickening tomorrow when we will be mourning the loss of him across the NFL coverage. Mourn for the girlfriend, mourn for the baby, mourn for his family/friends, and for the coaches who are likely traumatized by his selfish act.
    Do not mourn for him. He made the choice.

33. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    The guy is crap for what he did. He deserves no special remembrance.

34. pocoloco

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    Love how people speculate about girlfriend's infidelity before blaming the NFL player. Disgusting.

I got one. Maybe he felt that the world was ending in 20 days anyways and he'd beat the traffic.

Everything is fair game on planet bizarro.

Killer Bees likes this.
  35. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

He isn't saying it is justified, he is just saying that it is easy a d dismissive to simply chalk him up to being crazy. Having dealt with family's members and multiple friends who have killed themselves over the years, I have learned that none of them fall or fit into the box most people put suiciders into. It is perfectly okay to feel empathy for the person who committed the act. Often times, "normal" people commit these acts. It doesn't make it right, but it is the reality. When someone you know does so etching like this, it is natural to feel bad.

Dismissing someone away without knowing them or what or why It happened, is folly, in my opinion.

RevRick, ToddPhin and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  36. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    He didn't have to take someone down with him.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  37. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Just remember your talking about a murderer. All I'm hearing is how a chiefs player commit suicide at the stadium, and how sad it is...... The real story is that an NFL player committed murder. He killed a woman, a mother.... to his own child, and then decided to kill himself in public in front of co-workers. He's the biggest scumbag to ever play football. . Donate a ridiculous amount into a trust found for the poor baby girl and take care of her mothers family..... they are the victims. But play the game and forget this low-life ever existed.

38. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Damn, what a shame. Feel so bad for that little 2 month old baby who is now left with no mother, no father. Then the families of all, so young... what a shame.

Then there's this..

You're pathetic. Beyond pathetic actually. Part of me wishes something like this happens to your family, because sure enough some ******* somewhere will make a joke, and you can see how it feels. Douchebag. and Yes... I know you made a comment about it earlier to this post, but that doesn't justify it.

39. pocoloco

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    No it's not. The former drags people's families through the mud when they're grieving, while the latter does nothing.

40. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I agree, but if they're gonna take the time to send out public Twitter prayers & condolences to the Chiefs' family at least acknowledge the actual victim's family is all I'm saying..... otherwise it's like treating this as only a suicide rather than murder-suicide. IMO