1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Down How the Dolphins Used Mike Wallace in Week 2

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Great read, CK, but:

"Once the blocking was set, Wallace’s speed became the final agreement to turn this simple play call into an 18-yard touchdown."

Ingredient?

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm saying he didn't lock on that time, but none of us would have ever thought he wasn't locking on that one time. And if a person is wrong about that one time, then they could be wrong consistently more, because they cannot see where the QB is looking while watching TV.

3. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    My Grandmother with her Tennis Ball bottomed Walker could have scored on that play, it was so well blocked.

4. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    It could be a trust issue. RT trusts Mike Wallace more than Lamar Miller to come down with the the catch. Miller occasionally drops the easy catch.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Hmmph. I could swear that said ingredient before editing.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That's really hard to say. He ran that crosser really well, creating separation that did not happen simply by virtue of speed differences or scheme. He just won. On the other hand his out from a stacked position was pure scheme, IMO. His double move lacked the sharp body language that Hartline's had the week before, and truth be told I felt like Toler was already in bad position and looking at the wrong things before Wallace even executed it. So it's tough to say whether he is that good or just got a bit lucky. I felt Wallace ran a really keen skinny post route. I'm confident saying the body language and definition on that route were excellent. His hitch where he came back directly over his stem seemed a little wonky to me.

Other than those, not much to comment on.

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    You can't take a one off photo and make grandiose assumptions based upon that, that's just a fail. Furthermore, there's no way that an eye dart to the side is actually going to replace turning the head as per scanning the entire field- this argument has no real point anymore, it's based on a massive overstatement that's based on your false assumption.

I almost wish that Shouright was back so you could argue with him for a while, this is stale. Almost.

8. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Slap your editor...

9. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    The coverage dictates the progression.