1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking down the Miami Dolphins' playoff scenarios

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Dec 14, 2009.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Sure will be an exciting finish. So many senarios. We seem to need someone to lose. But i like our situation with regards to the plethora of potential tiebreakers that could easily arise.

I just hope we win out. That's all our guys can do. They can control that. Should be some awesome games to watch around the AFC in the next three weeks. That i know for sure.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    From the article:

If the Patriots lose once, the Dolphins will win the AFC East and will not need a Wild Card berth. If the Patriots win out, and the Ravens lose once, the Dolphins will earn a Wild Card berth. If the Patriots and the Ravens both win out, the Dolphins could still advance. It would require the Broncos to lose to the Raiders or the Chiefs. In that case, the Dolphins would still advance based on a better conference record than Denver. However, if the Broncos lose only to the Eagles, and the Ravens win out, the final Wild Card spot would be decided based on the better strength of victory between Denver and Miami. We currently don't have enough data at this point in the season to calculate that scenario. So to be guaranteed a playoff spot, the Dolphins currently need one of the following: (a) the Patriots to lose, (b) the Ravens to lose, (c) the Broncos to lose to the Raiders or the Chiefs.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    To many ifs and coulds.

We just need to worry about winning and let the chips fall where they may.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    My brain hurts!!!!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    It looks like need to win out and keep track of the Patriots, Ravens, and the Broncos to see if they lose at least one game. Sounds good to me :up:

7. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Thanks,great read.This really helped me break apart the different ways it is possible to get in the playoffs. I agree all we need to focus on winning out,one game at a time. I think there is a good chance that at least the Patriots,Broncos,or Ravens can lose one game out of those three teams. Im just excited to be in contention with three weeks left our team is being turned around fast under the dime of the Trifecta. Since they are undefeated in December I believe they can keep it up,just three more weeks.

dolfan7171 likes this.