Breaking: Jets Trade for WR Braylon Edwards

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Oct 7, 2009.

1. villain the foe

villain the foe Banned

Oct 5, 2009
    You're right. Ask Randy Moss. I remember him in "Raidah Nation" being shyted on. New England got him for just a ridiculous 6th round pick. Sinse then he's caught close to 1000 touchdowns.

Similarities about the situaiton....

Both Players left horrible organizations.

Another similarity....

Before those players entered those horrible organizations there were successful at good organizations. Moss with the Viks and Braylon at Michigan.

2. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Edwards is nothing like Moss... Moss has 4.3 speed and catches anything that gets close to him...Edwards is like a slower weaker version of TO with worse hands.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Sorry but I don't think that's a given by any means. It's way too early IMO to start pointing to contenders. Right now the Jets are one among 13 teams with 1 or fewer losses 4 weeks into a 16 week season.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    You forget the accusations of alligator arms on Randy.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    David Terrell was awesome at michigan and sucked on the pats (among other teams).

Now what?

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    great! im looking forward to the miscommunication, wrong routes, and the potential turnovers as a result.

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'm pretty confident that Sanchez isn't going to be a stud/star/franchise QB. On that same note I'm not confident that Henne is either. So I'm not sure there is any advantage there.

8. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    The big variable in the difference between Randy Moss moving from the Raider to the Pats and Edwards moving from the Browns to the Jets is.......................

Tom Brady and the highly potent Patriot offense that put up massive points even before Moss got there vs. The Jets offense with a rookie QB who has yet to prove anything of significance yet.

9. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Fair enough and I hope you're right.

But from what I've watched so far this season, their defense looks "for real." And based on being one of the top rush offenses in the league last year and ranked, I believe 9 this year, I'd say they're pretty complete outside of a good QB, which we're not quite sure they have yet.

DarkLadyJets and late again like this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Did you just compare a HOFer with a one year wonder?

11. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    braylon would have nearly the same ypc on our team with all the short passes we do. I'm still confident that henne will change that as he gets more playing time under his belt.

12. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    nfl network is reporting that braylon will play monday night. i don't have a link. if i could post a link to my tv, i would. i heard it from someone rich eison was interviewing.

EDIT: the guy rich eison was interviewing is Jason La Confora

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    No brainer move by the Jets. The big things Id be concerned about are the lack of football focus (the acting thing) and the drops.
    Rex will think he can deal with the former, and they will have to accept the latter as long as he can make plays for them.

Really, for what they gave up, even if he busts and still sucks it was a great move. If he pulls a Randy Moss, then its the best move since ... well the Randy Moss trade.

Its obvious Marshall isnt getting moved anywhere - but could this set a price on Boldin thats lower than previously reported? I doubt he moves either, but if hes available, we have to at least look.

14. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    I hope Yeremiah Bell lays him out. Braylon....make sure you don't go partying with Donte Stallworth anymore, or punching 130 lb people in the face. He fits right in in NY, don't you agree? Scumbags embracing scumbags.