1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking news!!!

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by beemerdaddy, Aug 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. beemerdaddy

beemerdaddy 2008 AFC EAST CHAMPS

Mar 23, 2008
    ORLANDO FL
    roger goodell reinstates brett favre!! Favre to arrive in green bay today 5:30 central time

2. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    That just means the Packers will either release or trade him.
    I believe Goodell has given them until tomorrow to do either.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Goodell is of the opinion that Favre playing for any NFL team is good for the league in general. But way to screw one of the teams at the same time.

If the Packers are forced to trade him within the NFC North, ask for a 1st round pick.

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    And then there are reports that he's just trying to bump up how much money he can get from GB in his retiremement "deal"... I know I'm sick of hearing about it, but it's like a bad wreck on the freeway, YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING....

alen1 likes this.
  5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    They'll never get it and I don't understand your hatred of Favre. The guy wants to play but the Packers won't let him, so he wants to play somewhere else. The Packers are the ones that have made a show of this, they should have traded him for cheap if they didn't want him in the beginning.

6. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Favre isn't in it for the money. He doesn't need it. He just loves the game.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Brett Favre has absolutely no idea if he wants to play or not. He's had no clue for the last five years. Every year he ends the season as if it's his last, and he's just about ready to admit he's retiring, and suddenly he changes his mind.

You cannot sustain a competitive franchise when you have uncertainty at the quarterback position.

Had Favre accepted a trade anywhere, then fine, let him go somewhere else. But he wants to play for one of the Packers' most hated rivals, the Minnesota Vikings--which could be a Super Bowl team with good quarterback play. What you're advocating is equivalent to trading Dan Marino to the Bills.

Speaking of Marino, at least he knew when it was time to retire.

He loves the game so much he refuses to play for any team besides the Packers or the Vikings. Somehow I think he's not quite motivated by love of the game. Otherwise he'd be in training camp in Tampa Bay right now.

8. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well then don't trade him at all then and tell him if he wants to come back he'll hold the clipboard. Tell him that and I'm sure he would warm up to going to somewhere like the Jets or the Packers would get their wishes and he would stay retired. The Packers want to ***** foot around about this and its biting them back. Trading him within the division is a foolish move and if that is the only place he would go then shame on him. However, the Packers have the power so they can tell Favre when and what he will do...just give him an ultimatum such as I mentioned and kill it. Still I don't see why you turn down a HOF QB, if they had of done that there wouldn't be QB instability; the Packers are causing the problems mainly.

Also Favre doesn't know if he wants to retire or not because every veteran player coming off a non-Super Bowl winning season has thoughts of retirement. Think of Junior Seau for instance, the last season takes a toll on the body and mind and the longer they are away from the game the more they miss it, so they want to return. I see no harm in that.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  9. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Muhahahaha soon soon.

alen1 likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

Someone is seeing purple.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  11. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well

He is not reinstated today, so that is wrong.

The NFL league office will announce later today that Favre will be reinstated to the Green Bay Packers, but that reinstatement will not officially take effect until 1 p.m. ET Monday.

Once Favre has arrived at Green Bay training camp, sources tell FOXSports.com the team will ramp up efforts to trade him. In addition, once he is a member of the team and officially reports, he will no longer have the right to veto any trade.

Favre is expected to be in Green Bay by 4 p.m. ET.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8408908/Favre-will-be-officially-reinstated-on-Monday?FSO2&ATT=MA

alen1 likes this.
  12. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I can't believe that ***** foot (treading lightly like a cat) was edited. :lol:

Well it did it again. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Favre's been doing this for four years, three of those years being losing seasons. This has nothing to do with him not making/winning a Super Bowl, it has everything to do with him not knowing when to quit.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm asking an arm and a leg from Minnesota in exchange for not only Favre, but dropping the tampering charges as well.

Then again, Spielman traded away two firsts and a third for Jared Allen.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Dropping the tampering charges? I thought the Vikings were the ones who tampered?

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Vikes tampered, the Packers filed charges. I'm saying if the Packers trade Favre to Minnesota, whatever Minnesota sends to Green Bay in the way of compensation should include something in exchange for dropping the tampering charges.

For example, if Minnesota agrees to trade a 2nd round pick in 2009 and a 7th round pick in 2010 just for Favre, then they should trade a 2nd round pick in 2009 and a 4th round pick instead of a 7th round pick in 2010 in exchange for dropping the tampering charges.

alen1 likes this.
  17. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I disagree I think its all about him being frustrated and tired from the previous season and still wanting to play that keeps him on the fence.

That is ridiculous since I don't think they even have a basis to make a tampering charge argument, its just a petty little smack that they are trying to send the Viks. There isn't a way the Viks should consider doing that.

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Given how infrequently tampering charges are filed and the standard of proof involved, the Packers don't file the charges if they don't believe they have a case.

19. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Not when its just a revenge charge. That's all it is, if say the Jets did what the Viks "supposedly" did then I doubt it would be a problem.

20. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I am so sick of hearing about Favre. I want this whole saga to just get over with.