1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brees, Newton, & Luck Oh My!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by UCF FINatic, Oct 18, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    So I am in a league that allows you to start 2 QBs. Problem is I have 3 QBs that deserve to be starting. I am very weak at the HB position and am going to try to trade one the the QBs for a HB. I plan on keeping Brees but must decide between trading Luck or Newton.

So far they have both played 5 games and here are their points:
    Newton - 18, 27, 12, 33, 9 = Total of 99
    Luck - 12, 22, 28, 34, 9 = Total 105

Both QBs are really close in terms of points and both have potential to have a great game or a total flop of a game. Newton carries more trade value, but I really don't know about rolling with a rookie in my other QB slot. My heart is telling me to trade Newton and keep Luck, but my brain is telling me the opposite.

What would you do?

PS- I also have Christian Ponder who has been playing pretty well in his own right if that changes things.

PPS- I am trying to deal for Arian Foster considering I also have Ben Tate in case he gets hurt.

2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I would go with trading Newton so you can get a better back. But keep Foster for sure he is a BEAST, I have him too and it's such a luxury to have a HB that puts up 16 on a bad day.

UCF FINatic likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Newton is going to bring you a better return because of what he showed he could do last year. He was drafted top 20 in a lot of leagues so you probably wont recoup that value but you might be able to buy low on a fed up owner of Chris Johnson, McFadden, Matt Forte or someone scared of the injury to Trent Richardsons ribs or Doug Martin losing practice reps to Blount.

Jon Dwyer could be a good play at RB this week with mendenhall and redmen out....

UCF FINatic likes this.
  4. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Good call. I just picked him up.

5. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Ended up trading Cam Newton, Reggie Bush, and DeSean Jackson (who was on my bench behind Jordy Nelson, Julio Jones, and Percy Harvin) for Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice. I'll have to start Luck or Ponder as my second QB now, but I think I did fairly well in that deal. What do you all think?

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I think you should have been courteous enough to give the other team lube before you bent him over like that. Great deal for you.

UCF FINatic likes this.