1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Hundley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Sep 9, 2013.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Is going to be one hell of a QB prospect. If you get a chance to watch a UCLA game definitely check this Sophomore out. In my opinion, he will easily be a Top 5 pick if not the first overall pick when he comes out.

That is all.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think he's got the kind of talent that grabs your eye immediately, but a close inspection of his games tells me he's still got a ways to go. Remember, this stage of Logan Thomas' career he was destined to be a #1 overall pick too.

Recently I saw someone on twitter exclaim that expecting Brett Hundley and Marcus Mariota to look like finished products 3 games into their redshirt sophomore years is ridiculous. My reply is, well yeah but so is acting like they're future high 1st round picks when they're still only 3 games into their redshirt sophomore years and admittedly still quite incomplete as prospects.

I don't rate either of them the way I do some other guys like Tajh Boyd and (reluctantly...pending further review) Zach Mettenberger.

And certainly not like I do Teddy Bridgewater, who is currently in a class unto his own IMO.

3. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I say reluctantly on Zach Mettenberger because I haven't liked him in the past. But he had an absolutely phenomenal game against UAB. He pretty much set the standard for what you mean when you talk about pro throwing ability, ball placement, fitting the ball into tight windows, etc.

Hard for me to shake poor showings from him in the past though. I'm going to need to see about 6 more games like the one he had against UAB and I haven't yet seen his TCU or Kent State games.

4. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    You aren't the only one that thinks so highly about Bridgewater. Dude is uncanny, he reminds me a bit of Aaron Rodgers back at Cal.

I feel the same way about Mettenberger, but I think we will be able to see his true colors when SEC play picks up. Just hard to shake how bad he was last year out of my head.

Personally, I'm not as high on Mariota as Hundley, but that is just me. Agreed they both need work, but the framework is there.

5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I'm not really high on Mariota. I agree with you, I like Hundley better. But even Hundley has a lot more to do before he can be rated real high.

6. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Anyone else on the Blake Bortles train?

gunn34 likes this.
  7. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    Sign me up. I hope he stays for his Senior year, but I think if he keeps improving he could be selected on Day 2.

gunn34 likes this.
  8. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    The only fair knock on him is deep ball.

9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    He strikes me as the kind of guy that stays in school. And that will be great for UCF.

UCF FINatic likes this.