1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bright Spots in 2007

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pags77, Dec 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. pags77

pags77 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Jersey
    Not many here, I mean 1-15 a real embarrassment to a franchise that has been a class act over the years. Looking for a couple of bright spots to help ease the pain.
    1.Lorenzo Booker, the guy looked great today, he is fast, elusive and can catch the ball. Why wasn't this guy used earlier in the year Cam Moron?
    2.Ronnie Brown was having a pro-bowl type year before being injured against the f***ing Patriots. This guy will be back and have a monster year next year.
    3.Samson Satele: an anchor to a line which will be dismantled and put back together with much better players.
    4.Ted Ginn I think he will continue to develop in a system with stability at theQB position and learn how to run crisper routes.
    5.Rich Camarillo, his catch and run netted us our ONLY win in 2007 !!!

Will be anxiously awaiting next season.

2. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I don't think there were THAT many bright spots.

Ronnie was playing great . . . but was injured for the 3rd time in 3 years.

Booker has looked good, but look how long it took for him to get in . . . same w/ Camarillo.

Ginn has been ok, I like his future, but isn't he like the 7th behind Chambers, Booker, Hagan, Martin, Brown and Peele, on this team in receptions comming into today . . . an he only had the 1 return (I know 2 were called back) . . . I think he will be great, and I guess he was a bright spot, but he probably underachieved considered where he was drafted.

In the end, I would say Satele solidified himself as the C of this team for the next 10+ years. It would be nice to find a LT . . . so we can move Vernon back over on the right side . . . hopefully guys like Alabi can finally DEVELOP . . . and Toledo and Mormino make some noise . . . obviously we still need to address this in the draft . . . but we also have Esera and Wilson on the PS . . . 2 promising prospects. Atleast there is youth to be developed on this line.

Jay Feely . . . man what a beast he was for us this year . . . he made some bonehead kicks out of bounds . . . but w/ this special teams unit . . it probably was for the best lol. I actually am not worried when I see him line up for a kick like i was w/ Mare . . . I really hope this guy comes back.

Our 2 starting CB's had decent years . . . we definitely need a #1 . . . but Will Allen played like a average #1, great #2 . . . and Lehan played like an average #2 . . superb nickel. If we do sign a big name in FA, I wouldn't mind it being a true #1 CB . . . I would love our CB's then.

Jason Allen made some noise . . . and tho he still needs work . . . atleast he was making plays, and he gets thrown in the pot with the likes of Beck, Hagan, Roth . . . as guys who need to come out next year and earn a starting spot on this team.

Secondary would look sweet w/.

Big Name FA CB
    Will Allen
    Michael Lehan

Yerimiah Bell
    Renaldo Hill
    Jason Allen

Throw in a rookie CB from the draft . . . and keep Worrell and Goodman . . . throw Harris back on the PS . . . we looking good.

Depending on the status of Cameron . . . if he does come back . . . that needs to be an invite for Cleo Lemon to come back. If Cam is gone . . . I see Bill getting a BIG name QB in FA. . . or via a trade. . . . Cleo will be gone. If Cam does stay . . . we still need another vet in here . . . maybe not AS big of a name, because I think there would be more emphasis on Beck . . being he is Cam's guy. There still is a chance we draft a QB . . . possibly first day . . . but it really depends on the staff.

Ronnie needs to come back healthy . . . him, booker and potentially Ricky . . . gives us a NICE RB group.

We DEFINITELY need to bring in another veteran WR . . . as I think Booker's time w/ us is up . . . it would be nice if Hagan had any kind of consistency . . . also TE is a concern . . . we will draft atleast one WR/TE . . . and bring one TE/WR in FA.

U know, everyone says this team is in SHAMBLES . . . u know, it really isn't that bad . . . we need some luck, and some players to step up . . . w/ a good draft in 08 . . . and w/ Parcells pressing the right buttons . . . we can contend as soon as next season . . . lets all hope so . . . because I can't deal w/ another season like this.

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Senior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I think Ronnie and our rookies were a big bright spot.

Ronnie is the man, and I hope he can come back at 100% next year.

Satele has been a force at Center all year. Booker is developing nice as a receiver and as a running back. Ginn put up over 2000+ this season. Not bad for a rookie.

4. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Satele, L Booker, Ronnie Brown, Ginn to some degree....the bright spots are few and far between :-/

5. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I think another bright spot was the play of Rod Wright....I think he can be a starter for us in a real 3-4 defence as a DE.....He's 290 so he's big enough but he can be a pretty good pass rusher too.It was also good to see Jason Allen play better as the year went on.

Ozzy rules!!

6. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    That performance we just saw from John Beck was a nice plus. Good play from rookies like Satele, Booker and Ginn, as well as the emergence of Ronnie Brown who could have out up an MVP type season had he continued at the pace he was playing.

Will Allen played as good as you can expect from any corner not named Champ Bailey and Jason Allen finally showed something towards his selection being justified.

Joey Porter really came along down the stretch and started playing well also displaying some leadership ability and a little passion for the game. With the right additions this team can be good sooner rather than later.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    There are a good number of bright spots, enough to hope for a decent season next year (6-10 or something would be decent for us).
    Ronnie is a BEAST, but his injuries scare me now. Yeah all have been freaky type things, but it gets concerning when so many happen. And how soon will he be able to bounce back from the knee? If he can come back 100% though we have an all-star.
    Satele is a future Pro-Bowler. Maybe our best player this season. Great find in round 2, everything you could want from that round.
    Ginn-showing flashes of why he was taken at #9, but we NEED to get him the ball more. Hes a playmaker and needs to be allowed to make some plays, this is the kind of player you put the ball in his hands. It didnt happen anywhere near enough this season.
    Booker-Came on strong in the last few games, will be a really nice scatback and could even be used as a reciever. Nice change of pace guy and another playmaker.
    Carey-had a solid year at LT. He might be a pro-bowler at that spot, but he can improve still, and if he gets moved back to the right side will be good there as well.
    Camarillo-Like Booker came on strong near the end of the season, can turn out to be a solid replacement for Welker.
    Will Allen-Solid CB. Not flashy or game changing like Bailey, but a good solid all around CB.
    Jason Allen, finally-went from hated bust to possible player almost overnight. Had a solid end to the season. Not a leader or general, but a guy that with the right players around him can be a very good player.
    Rodriguez-played some solid DL/DE this year, will be a good alternative to Vonnie Holliday.
    Joey Porter-misused for a good chunk of the season, the guy at least wants to win and brings a passion similar to ZT. Started bringing his game to the field later in the season too, if we could play Pitt every week the guy would be insane. Still, with better talent around him he will be good for a few more years.

So what does that leave us? QB-John Beck had a few good moments, and lots of bad. Will see what kind of impression he makes on Parcells. I think with better talent he can be pretty solid, but we will see. Lemon is a good backup, but not 16 game starter, and Geen needs to retire.
    OL-Mormino likely will get a good shot to win a spot, but Alabi and Toledo are likely done, they just cant stay healthy. Our vets played decently, but we need overall better play from guys not named Satele and Carey.
    WR-Ginn and Camarillo have a future. Hagan does not. Guy just drops way to many, and with the emergence of Camarillo is expendable. Booker is decent enough, but we need to add someone here, such as Patrick Crayton or Bryant Johnson (from the Cardinals).
    TE-Peele is OK, but martin was a dissapointment. Would love to have even a poor mans Antonio Gates. A good TE such as Gates, Gonzalez, Witten, Heap etc. add another element to the passing game, present massive matchup problems and are a good target for young QBs.
    DL-Swiss Cheese all year, when they werent air. Need some massive upgrades here. JT should be traded for max value, traylor will retire. Holliday im not sure, with that salary we dont want to do something that will give us a massive cap hit, but hopefully we can do something with him.
    LB-Porter came on late, and Crowder is a good OLB, but not Zachs replacement. We need to find a permanent MLB.
    Secondary-a field general rangey ballhawking type safety would be awesome to team with Jason Allen. Yeremiah is a good player but very injury prone, just dont think we can rely on him at this point. A top notch FA corner to team with Will Allen would be a huge coup for us.
    Coaching-Man this is a sticky spot. I dont normally think firing a rookie head coach is a good idea, or another staff turnover would help, but this season was just rough on ALL coaching fronts. Capers I think let us down big time, the D was NOT prepared to play. The special teams were the "bad" kind of special with the exception of Jay Feeley, and is Mike Mularky still the OC? Cam made a lot of rookie coaching mistakes with clock management and that kind of thing. Thats forgivable, rookies have that happen. But I really question some of his other moves. Where was Booker all season? Beck in/out? Why are you not putting the ball in Ginns hands? You drafted him at #9 to make plays, but then not give him the ball?

All in all, Im very interested to see what Parcells will be doing in the next few days/weeks. And as crappy as this season has been, it will be a good fun offseason for a FA/Draft nut like myself. Just remember my fellow finfans, it will only go up.