1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring Todd Bowles back for DC

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lets get it done...

Silverphin likes this.
  2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    100% with that!!!

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Be a lot better than Burke.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Could do a lot worse, but we need final word on Gase before we start in on staff changes most likely.

5. FishOutOfWater

FishOutOfWater Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Knoxville, TN
    Good God, yes.

6. Dolphins1372

Dolphins1372 Guest

That would be a good start to the offseason.

7. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    We might as well make him HC if we fire Gase seeing there is only steaming **** available

8. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I get that some sources are saying this may be a "weak" year for coaching candidates, but your statement isn't really based in reality. There may not be a super highly regarded prodigy out there, but who thought Frank Reich would be able to swoop in after the McDaniels fiasco and have his team in position to reach the playoffs? There really is no reason that some of the bigger names on the market this year can't have success.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tes-hire-2019-espn-panelists-make-their-picks

Hardly a complete list, but there are definitely some intriguing names on there. It is also possible someone like a Mike Tomlin shakes free, or you convince a Cowher to come back (not that he'd be my choice ...).

This really seems like the type of year that teams may dip more heavily into the college ranks. It's been awhile since that well was tried, but you can bet guys like Harbs, Riley and even Saban will be forced to give an answer to at least one NFL, and who knows, maybe it will be yes. Green Bay is reportedly seeking an interview with Northwestern's coach. Iowa State's coach has been brought up multiple times, etc.

There are definitely options, as much of a crapshoot as finding a coach can be.

9. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I'd be pissed if Cowher became our coach honestly. Would be a Jeff Fischer 2.0 situation as far as I'm concerned.

Generally if no teams are even the slightest bit excited about any specific candidates it says something.

10. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Good grief. Bill Cowher? I love the guy but give me a break, he's not going to pull a Dick Vermeil. Give it up. Not going to happen. Ever.

11. texanphinatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    TBH before the Gruden thing I'd have agreed 100%, but since then, who knows. If some team offers a gargantuan 6 year deal with complete roster control?

Regardless, he's not my choice, though some folks were clamoring for him in a different thread. The only point was to show that names are available and calling this years available coaching talent **** or nonexistent or whatever is complete nonsense. No reason that, say, Vic Fangio couldn't do something better with this team. Coaching is such a crapshoot to start with - just hire your guy and see where it goes. If it doesn't, try again. Same with QB.

12. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    You know who I'd actually get excited about as HC if he gets fired as is being speculated?

Marvin Lewis. I think he's done a great job with a horrible Bengals franchise. Then bring in the recently fired Koetter as OC which he is fantastic at.

13. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    I honestly would love Gase coming back with Todd Bowles as our DC. But an upper tier QB in the ‘19 draft is a must. Tannenbaum should be packing.