1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broncos 2 point speculation

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by pennphinfan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    So i was talking with my brother tonight about the Bronco's 2 point conversion attempt on sunday, and he offered up this interested idea.

Could it be that Shanahan deep down felt somewhat guilty about getting that obviously wrong call in their favor, and was attempting to still give San Diego a shot at winning the game in regulation as should have been the case by going for 2? 2 point conversions could be thought of as a 50/50 shot, so perhaps shanahan thought if he lost like that he'd feel it was because it was meant to be?

now, i don't completely buy this. in my mind, these guys are division rivals, playing a very important game. No matter how guilty one may feel, why not take advantage of a defense that is almost certainly going bonkers about the play call, and go for 2 knowing they are so upset that there is a much better chance they can convert for the win.

Or did he see that his defense couldn't stop SD for beans in the second half, and feared the same trend continuing in OT?

was he afraid that Hochuli would have to produce some sort of 'make up call' in OT in order to give SD a much better shot to win the game?

Or was this just shanahan being shanahan? if memory serves this is not the first time he has pulled this stunt.

what do you all think? I wish we could know exactly what his reasoning was

2. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I doubt he felt any guilt. I think he knew if he lost the coin toss his defense probably wasnt keeping SD out of field goal range. So instead of leaving it up to a coin toss, he gave his offense a chance to win the game. He had more faith in his offense than in his defense is what I took from that decision.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think the game was fixed and just wanna say

DIE DONKIES DIE!!!!!!!

:tongue2:

4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    What he said.

5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I can't stand shanasham, and the donko's.. but he went for the throat and I admire the trust, and the risk.

die donko's die !