Bronco's fan with a few questions!
18 replies
Hey everyone!
First I'd like to start off saying good luck on this upcoming season. I truly believe you are a team flying under the radar which is exactly how I personally like it! You have a solid young core of players on both sides of the ball. I do however have one question, I see different info from a bunch of different sources. Who is your primary returner? I know Landry handled it last season but see LeMike James has handled almost all of it this pre season. Is he going to be the guy? Or is this just to keep Landry healthy and fresh for the start of the season? Thanks, and again...good luck!
Jake
"VonWareWolfe wrote:
Hey everyone!
First I'd like to start off saying good luck on this upcoming season. I truly believe you are a team flying under the radar which is exactly how I personally like it! You have a solid young core of players on both sides of the ball. I do however have one question, I see different info from a bunch of different sources. Who is your primary returner? I know Landry handled it last season but see LeMike James has handled almost all of it this pre season. Is he going to be the guy? Or is this just to keep Landry healthy and fresh for the start of the season? Thanks, and again...good luck!
Jake
Looks like James is the guy.
I'm really suprised we didn't do more experimenting in the preseason games with that position. Maybe a good way to Mathews on the field, or the speedster Stills?
James is the only guy who got reps, anyone else who did is off the team..needless to say he was not impressive at all, there seems to be some fear in his game...not going after the ball while its in the air and letting it drop 8 yards in front of you is a sign of that, not running full speed up the gut is another, there always seems to be some hesitation in his game while hes returning or just running out of the backfield, you never see his speed show up..and he fumbled a punt on our 10 yard linein the last preseason game..
dude needs to exercise his demons and just starting running the damn friggin football north and south..somebody needs to punch him in the nuts or something..
I hope Juice/Landry is our full time returner once the game starts.

I'm pretty sure James was kept mainly for his return ability. With Landry being a focal point of the offense, I'd bet LaMike will be getting the bulk of the returns.
Should be interesting to see; Miami releases their regular season depth chart tomorrow.
@KevinMD4
"Rocky Raccoon wrote:
I'm pretty sure James was kept mainly for his return ability. With Landry being a focal point of the offense, I'd bet LaMike will be getting the bulk of the returns.
funny you say that ive yet to see any return ability..basically the opposite actually, hesitation and fumbled deep in your own territory is no way to win a job..

"djphinfan wrote:
James is the only guy who got reps, anyone else who did is off the team..needless to say he was not impressive at all, there seems to be some fear in his game...not going after the ball while its in the air and letting it drop 8 yards in front of you is a sign of that, not running full speed up the gut is another, there always seems to be some hesitation in his game while hes returning or just running out of the backfield, you never see his speed show up..and he fumbled a punt on our 10 yard linein the last preseason game..
dude needs to exercise his demons and just starting running the damn friggin football north and south..somebody needs to punch him in the nuts or something..
I hope Juice/Landry is our full time returner once the game starts.
Hellz ya...get their asses on a fuggin' treadmill!
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
As others have said, I think the best response is that we're guessing that its L. James. But, it's not because he's excellent at it. Landry did a very good job last year. He actually had the best season in Dolphins history on KR, but as our #1 WR, he's too valuable to risk on ST, and even if he weren't to be injured, it would cause him to expel energy that we need on offense.
I had personally hoped that one of the young DBs would be given a shot, but it never happened.
"PhinFan1968 wrote:
Hellz ya...get their asses on a fuggin' treadmill!
![]()
This team seems to not put much value on the returner positions. Just catch the ball and fall down seems to be all that's expected.
"djphinfan wrote:
funny you say that ive yet to see any return ability..basically the opposite actually, hesitation and fumbled deep in your own territory is no way to win a job..
typically i would agree, but this is a Joe Queesy led team
"Puka-head wrote:
This team seems to not put much value on the returner positions. Just catch the ball and fall down seems to be all that's expected.
Ughh, Hartline. :pity:
"Phins_Fan_87 wrote:
Looks like James is the guy.
I'm terrified if he's the best guy we have to return/field punts.
Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
He actually had the best season in Dolphins history on KR, but as our #1 WR, he's too valuable to risk on ST, and even if he weren't to be injured, it would cause him to expel energy that we need on offense.
It's a double edge sword isn't it. While everyone always talks about field position and getting your best players as many touches as you can, you don't want him taking hits.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
"Finatik wrote:
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
He actually had the best season in Dolphins history on KR, but as our #1 WR, he's too valuable to risk on ST, and even if he weren't to be injured, it would cause him to expel energy that we need on offense.
It's a double edge sword isn't it. While everyone always talks about field position and getting your best players as many touches as you can, you don't want him taking hits.
Well, I've always been opposed to using starters on ST. Ideally, I'd love to have an excellent return man who's also the 3rd or 4th WR, or a reserve DB. Useful on offense or defense, not a ST only player who uses up a roster spot, but not someone you rely on down after down all game either.
speaking of return men for some reason Madden Mobile 15 has Tedd Ginn as a member of the Dolphins and a highly rated WR.
Lord help us.
"dolphin25 wrote:
speaking of return men for some reason Madden Mobile 15 has Tedd Ginn as a member of the Dolphins and a highly rated WR.
Mobile games are often crap, lol. :lol: