Browns don't plan to deal Cribbs

1 reply

SargeZ33SargeZ33New MemberOP
Oct 16, 2009, 09:11 PM

Looks like we can eliminate him as of now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4564956

BEREA, Ohio -- While his teammates laughed and shouted around him, Josh Cribbs sat quietly by his locker on Friday, reading e-mails and sending replies on his cell phone.

His message? He's not happy.

Cribbs is stuck in a contract dispute with the Cleveland Browns. He wants a new deal, but Browns coach Eric Mangini has been unwilling to renegotiate or add an extension to the current pact, which runs through 2012.

Mangini said on Friday that Cribbs is not being shopped, leaving the special teams star caught in a bind if he is not traded and cannot get a new deal in Cleveland.

AFC North blog

Walker ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"I'm gonna be stuck," Cribbs said. "I don't know what I'm going to do right now. It will tremendously disappoint me if nothing gets done. That's no secret. I'm going to be very disappointed."

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Oct 16, 2009, 09:25 PM

Thats what happens when you sign a long term deal with a **** team.