1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browns go Bonkers

Discussion in '2012 GM League Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Cleveland (AP ) – Who could have anticipated this? The Cleveland Browns – yes those Browns – have added a significant amount of offensive firepower to the team over the course of the last 48 hours. In that timeframe the Browns have made trades for Darren McFadden, Jordy Nelson, and today’s coup de gras, a trade for future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald.

"We’re setting the table” said clearly excited head coach Rob Chudzinski, "Odin wasn’t kidding when he said we were going to get better in a hurry. Jordy and Fitz form arguably one of the best receiving tandems in the league, and then you add in what Darren can do, as well as Josh (Cribbs) and Ben (Watson), it’s hard not to get excited at the possibilities."

Of course for the Browns, the big question continues to be just who exactly will be operating the controls of this newly created offensive juggernaut. While Colt McCoy remains the Browns starting quarterback on paper, it’s no secret that the Browns have reached out to other teams, notably the Patriots and Colts, before ultimately deciding not to pull the trigger.

Perhaps lost in the quick change of the last several days has been that the franchise pulled out the rarely used Transition tag for former Madden cover boy Peyton Hillis. Things could change before free agency, but adding Hillis to an already stacked roster just doesn’t seem fair.

Even though things seem to be going smoothly on the offensive side of the ball, trading for all that talent comes at a price, especially on the defensive side of the ball, where the Browns will now be missing three very large pieces from last year’s top 10 defense – cornerback Joe Haden, as well as defensive linemen Jabaal Sheard and Athaya Rubin. "It’s tough to see those young guys go' noted Odin, before adding 'I wouldn’t have dealt them though, if I didn’t have a plan in place to get even better on defense," before adding "I don’t think we’re through just yet."