1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browns trade Braylon Edwards to the Jets

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jaydog57, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Lebron buddy-punching Braylon Edwards is headed to the Jets for two players and two draft picks. Apparently he drops a lot of balls, and has a few off field problems. And I'm sure knocking out Lebron James friend didn't help, being in Cleveland and all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538482

2. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well although it is true that Edwards has been a disappointment so far with only one good season, he does seem to give the Jets a number 1. He does drop a lot of passes but when he's on he's on. Who is to say he didn't try as hard as possible in CLE because of being unhappy there because if he had one good season he has the possibility to do it again. Edwards seems to be better than Stuckey and more than likely the Browns will get fairly low draft picks (position wise) and Trusnik is a ST guy mostly. The Jets gave up a lot with two players and a 3rd (that can become a 2nd) and 5th but there is high risk of reward with Edwards. Only time will tell if he will be a Randy Moss acquisition or a TO, but if he does work out the Jets won this trade. 50-50 on how this will work out...but I'd like to see a number 1 in Miami sooner rather than later...but that is a different story for a different day. :up:

In other words I am nervous about this trade possibly making a rising Jets team even better.

gafinfan likes this.