Browser Security Face-Off

3 replies

sking29sking29Forum VeteranOP
Feb 21, 2009, 05:08 PM

I came across this article on the PC World website and found it interesting that Internet Explorer won their most secure browser rating. With their prior record I truly found that rating surprising. So discuss. :wink2:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/159838-2/the_ultimate_browser_security_faceoff.html

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

Alex44Alex44New Member
Feb 21, 2009, 05:34 PM

I don't use any of those! :lol:

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Feb 21, 2009, 07:18 PM

I didn't read it as 'winning' or the most secure. It looked more like they laid out the five most-used in order. IE has the most security "controls".

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Feb 21, 2009, 10:35 PM

"Muck wrote:

I didn't read it as 'winning' or the most secure. It looked more like they laid out the five most-used in order. IE has the most security "controls".

I guess it was this quote:

Firefox makes a good browser choice for PC users. In terms of security granularity and choices of controls, it's second only to Internet Explorer.

that made me think they were giving the most secure rating to IE but I get where you say its just the most security options. :up:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein