1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bryant McFadden INFO

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dgb11112, Feb 22, 2009.

1. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    tHIS WOULD BE GOOD NEWS IF WE COULD GO AFTER A FORMER LOCAL BOY AND HE HITS WELL. GOOD PARCELLS TYPE OF PLAYER I THINK.

THOUGHTS?:knucks:

The Steelers may let free agent CB Bryant McFadden go because of their confidence in third-year corner William Gay.

Pittsburgh's usual dime back, Gay wasn't a liability in seven spot starts last season. The physical DB looks like a candidate to start at RCB in 2009.
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.rotoworld.com

2. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I like it, but McFadden is gonna get a 40-50 mill contract. It might be time to just bite the bullet and draft a couple of corners

3. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I think corners have become ridiculously overpriced in today's game. With all the rules limiting them, meaning they can't even look at a receiver cross-eyed without drawing a penalty, corners have become some of the more marginal players with the biggest contracts.

There are only a couple that can take away a side of a field, or hold a #1 guy to a couple of catches, each and every Sunday for years on end. And they're not going anywhere.

With the rules limiting corners, who basically have to give the receiver a bit of room to operate, you can see the emergence of nasty hard-hitting safeties to make up for that. That's where to splash money and draft picks

SCall13, Zanno and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    McFadden should not see that kind of money. Kelvin Hayden got $43 million over 5 years which was absurd but he is a better Corner than McFadden. McFadden hasn't shown to be a #1 Corner yet. If he had, Pittsburgh wouldn't be letting him go for William Gay. He is what he is, a solid #2. But I'm sure like you said a team will over-pay.

If your team can get consistent pressure on the Quarterback, the Cornerbacks will always look better. They are not as valuable as they used to be in todays game unless they are one of the elite like Nnamdi Asomougha, Darrelle Revis, Champ Bailey and a couple others.

lohink likes this.
  5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    you didnt just call Derrelle Revis elite did you? :lol: :lol:

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

If Revis isn't quite elite now, he is only a season away from being so.

7. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    He is elite. He shut down his side of the field the entire season and as the poster said below, if he isn't viewed elite by everybody, he will be by the end of the 2009 season.

He is Top 3 right now, in my eyes and I've yet to find anyone Jet fan, Miami fan, New England fan, whoever fan, who doesn't have him in at least their Top 5.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  8. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Darrel Revis is the sh!t. I wish we had him.

124 likes this.
  9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I've been saying that for a while. CB is no longer one of those premier positions where you get a lot of bang for your buck.

124 likes this.