1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bucky Brooks 2 Rnd Mock Draft - Chris Borland Rnd. 2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Kucha, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Kucha

Kucha Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
  2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    If he turns out to be like Zach was, it's a great pick.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Too many good OTs and WRs will be available in the 2nd rd to take a MLB like Borkand imo, not to mention maybe an OLB like Van Noy or a TE like Niklas.

4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Don't know that I would take him in the 2nd. I haven't seen a lot of him - just highlight reals. But, honestly, I like him as much as I like Mosley (who is hard to scout in some respects). His 4.8 speed is a concern (Thomas had that but was able to compensate through super intelligent reading of plays and insane aggressiveness).

Obviously, if he were a reincarnate Thomas - take him. But, who knows? There's a reason Zach was taking in the 5th (no one knew what he would turn out to be). Sometimes I think teams - and more so media - are prone to hype players who are clones.

His grades from what I have read are all over the map (2nd/3rd round guy to 4th/5th round guy).

That said, he would be a great addition in the middle.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    He lacks some top end speed but he is a well coordinated athlete, strong player, he's short, short arms but well muscled and compact, what I think needs to be discussed is what is the NFL at this point, do you want someone like Shazier that can run around and make the tackle on the lesean mccoy's of the world and the spread offenses, or do you wanna a classic middle backer that reads the play better than anyone in the draft at his position..

As funny as it sound he is a playmaker, I'm not sure I want him on the field when Tom Brady spreads us out, but we have to weigh the strengths here.

6. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    He's a prospect that is graded as a second day pick but will most likely be a third day pick.

7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll tell ya this, if it comes down to Borland in the third or Shazier in the first, ain't know way I'm taking Shazier with my first round pick..

Da 'Fins likes this.
  8. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    What do you mean? You just like Borland better or don't like Shazier in the first? Sharzier has a chance to be an impact player, that gives me pause.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I like the value that Borland presents to us, it allows me to find a player I like for that position, without having to drop my first round pick on the guy..and I don't feel Shazier belongs top 20.

10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Borland would make a fine Mike man IMO. That play where he one on one totally stoned Carlos Hyde on the goal line encapsulates what he brings to the table.