1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffalo a great place to watch a game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Dec 1, 2009.

1. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I drove 7 hours too buffalo to watch the game and came with a great experince except for the results of the game.
    We stayed at the same hotel as the players and my buddy got rickey and porter to sign his jerseys.I managed to get kim bokampers autograpgh and he was a hell of a nice guy.
    We tailgated in the parking lot with buffalo fans and we had no problems at all.I had such a great time until the 4th quater of the game as we all know.

dolphindebby likes this.
  2. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    WOW, last time i went to a game there i got hot dogs and beer thrown at me and some dude tried peeing on my leg in the bathroom (latrine type of bowl, u know?) it was horrible

we lost 21-0 with joey Harrington taking the snaps.

I never want to see a game there again.

3. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I had a similar experience with the beer and wings being thrown at me. Got called every name in the book, almost got into a fight....

In the washroom, I was being hounded by the whole lot of them. When I zipped up my pants, I turned and asked the whole group a question;

Me: "Hey guys, I heard a rumour, tell me if it's true"

Crowd: "_________________"

Me: "I heard Buffalo changed their area code to 0 for 4."

I then walked out with a smile on my face and got a few high fives from the few Dolphin fans in line.

MIA is 0-2 when I went to Buffalo, so I can't even begin to imagine how I would've been treated if MIA won.

4. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    You know whats crazy is I sat in the rock pile behind the goal posts and the first two rows was all phin fans.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    What hotel were the players in? I've always wondered where they stay in Buffalo. I had beer cans thrown at me on my way in. But I'm immune to it. I used to rock a Brian Cox jersey in there when I was 13 years old. Heard every name in the book. Now that I'm older, the Buffalo fans are even worse.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nothing like a winning crowd in any stadium

7. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    The way the phins played they probably stayed in a Motel 6 .

8. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

hah i was at that game as well as this recent one. In fact ive been to 5 now and at all of them ive personally had a good time despite the phins losing 4 out of the 5. I will be honest in saying that the fans in buffalo are awful and i have been tormented all 5 games ive went to and i do nothing to encourage it. Ive had beer spilled on me, food thrown at me and even a stuffed animal tuna fish thrown at me(that one was actually funny). See ik to expect this and it doesnt bother me all that much but i dont think it makes for a great place to watch a game, it just happens to be an hour and half away from my house.

I will say that the bills fans love their team and as much as i hate them they never deserve to have their team moved out of the city of buffalo and id hate to see that happen.

9. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Sounds like i was just plain lucky from what i am hearing from all of you.I was wearing a jason taylor jersey,dolphins beanie and nobdy messed with me.As a matter of fact we had a lot of phin fans in the parking lot tailgating.