1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a Flight Ticket

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by GridIronKing34, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    So I am considering going to the Dolphins/Carolina game and most of the flight tickets around my area seem to go between $350 to $400. Basically there are not any "major" airports near me, more or less decent sized ones. Des Moines, IA. Cedar Rapids, IA. Dubuque, IA. Waterloo, IA. Those are the ones I have been looking at.

I could look into Chicago, but that's a 5 hour drive for me... I'd much rather drive an hour, if possible.

Anyways, are there any tricks or tips some of you guys have for buying a flight ticket. Maybe even someplace with a student discount as I am going to college. I always hear of people getting these "amazing deals" on their flight ticket prices but I am never able to find them. Thanks!

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Priceline, name your own price. You can get up to 40% off.

If you know how much a ticket normally costs, just take 35% off and put that as your named price. I think you'd have a decent shot of it being accepted.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Move the hell out of BFE Iowa would be my first suggestion :up:

As Pete mentioned, priceline is a gamblers way. Try travelocity z(My favorite) or travelzoo. They will show prices for all airlines.....cept Southwest, but that shouldn't affect you :up:

opfinistic and GridIronKing34 like this.
  4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'd like to move to Los Angeles or New York when I graduate to pursue a career in filmography... but first I have to graduate. :wink2:

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yea, I got my tickets for 30% off the lowest price shown on travelocity (around $70 off), so I definitely think priceline is the way to go if you can travel any time of day or night.