1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling All Opinions on Onobun, Austen Lane,

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Bpk, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I would love some posters opinions on some prospects. These are players I hear great things about, but have not seen much (or any) of on tape.

This regime occasionally goes to smaller colleges, and some lesser programs so I have been poking around to see if there are any good prospects I think the regime might like.

Any and all opinions on these guys is welcome. If you've wtached them play, please let me know what you thought of them in games.

1) Houston TE Fendi Onobun
    -I hear he is an amazing athletic talent, crossing over from basketball. Very raw, as I understand it, and not sure if he can block at all.

2) Murray State DE Austen Lane
    A big guy who could get bigger, from what I've read. So-so speed and quickness, and needs more strength. I have no clue how this boy plays, but sounds like he could develop into a 3-4 DE. Anyone seen him?

3) I think our front office has Conn firmly on the radar between Sparano's connections and Donald Thomas' drafting. I think we would have liked Donald Brown if we hadn't already have had Ronnie and Ricky. I'm a fan of the Huskies program and think it's really up and coming.

So, from Connecticut there's CB Robert McClain coming out just a year after Darius Butler (whose movement was so fluid and natural, and looked well coached to me, coming out). McClain's 23 bench press reps made my eyes jump out. This regime does like strong Corners who can be physical. My question is, does anyone know if McClain plays the run well? Maybe he is a late round or UDFA target?

4) Utah (not exactly a dmall college but still, I wanna know about this player) DL Moa Misi

I have heard he performed drills, but I can;t find out whether he did any Linebacker drills too, or did he only do D line drills? Anyone know?

5) Wisconsin DB Chris Maragos

I hear his workout was amazing, with stellar agility and quickness times and drills. I mean stellar. I know he's a good size too, at 200lbs. But what does he look like on game day? Anyone watch him this season?

If anyone has opinions on these guys, or OTHER unheralded prospects you think would fit this regime's tastes, post away!

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    It's Koa Misi who could get kicked inside in our scheme. Genereally he's thought of in the same sort of light as Kruger a year ago. Austen Lane was asked by the Dolphins about playing tight end but most teams are looking at him as a 34 OLB..

Bpk likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Oh boy, I loved Kruger last year. VERY active. What a motor he has. If Misi is like that I would love to see him engaging with blockers inside and just muddling up a hell of a mess for them.

I wonder what the regime saw in Lane to make them think tight end? I mean, is the thinking on that just a body type? I never understand how people make that big a positional leap. How, for instance, did people figure out Connor Barwin could shift to DE?