1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all South Florida fans..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dubfire, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Dubfire

Dubfire Follow me @canemutiny5X

Mar 30, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I posted this in the Club Level and it was recommended that I bring it to the Main...

This team deserves a packed house on Sunday.
    We need to make the place rock like it hasn't all season. They deserve it. We have a chance to go to 5-4 and become a legit playoff contender.
    The past two seasons have left bad a bad taste in our mouths but that's over. This team is beginning to believe and turn the corner. Now we need to do our part.

Like Sparano said today in the postgame PC - we're at 4-4 and we have a choice to make in which way we wanna go. They made a step today in making that choice.

Now we the fans need to step up and do our part.:knucks:

dolfan94 and slickj101 like this.
  2. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    bump

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I hear that. I hate watching the game and seeing the place half-empty. This team deserves better.

I wish I could be there but I'm stuck in NY amongst Bills and Jets fans. :pity: :pity: :pity:

4. Dubfire

Mar 30, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    At some games last year - it felt like an away game.

5. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Get your asses there South Floridians.

anlgp likes this.
  6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

IF YOU LIVE NEAR THE STADIUM AND HAVE TICKETS GO

I'm in Delaware and I'd love to be there screaming my head off! At this point it's just not possible. To see the stadium half empty on game days drives me nuts. If it's empty next week at 4-4 after 8 games and a 1-15 previous season that's sad.

7. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Like I posted in the Club, I'll be @ the Patriots game.

Hope I get to feel what I felt after the come-back-from-behind win against Buffalo in 2005.

If we crush them, I'll be ecstatic to watch the Patsies fans leaving the stadium in a hurry.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I will tell you something that i believe in 100 percent..

If our players come out to a three quarter filled stadium on sunday ITS GOING TO AFFECT THEIR PLAY. and not in a good way.

Iam tellin ya''ll, i promise they are very aware of this subject. Do whatever you can do to hype the game...call the freakin radio sations and pump it up if you have to.

We must change our own culture as a fanbase, to motivate a physical team, that we are, that plays with emotion, we need to get their early, get on our feet, and SCREAMMMMMM as loud as we can.

mullingan likes this.
  9. Dubfire

Mar 30, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I'll tell you what though - the crowd at the Bills game was pretty loud.

We need it like that times 10 on Sunday.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think our fans deserve credit, we lost the raven game yet we still came back and filled the stadium moreson then the week before.

11. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I wish I could so something but unfortunately Augusta, GA is a long way from Miami. Kudos to the fans who do go to the games b/c it seems like they make a lot of noise from where I'm sitting.

On the subject of loud stadiums did anybody notice that the Denver fans made so much noise and commotion that the TV cameras would shake a little? That's impressive.

12. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Give me the $$$ it will cost for 4 people and I will go.

Dont want to sound like a punk but thats the truth for me.

13. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    So then gather all your South Florida buddies and do the damn thing! :knucks:

Dubfire likes this.
  14. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    I'm going with 5 rowdy, loud, and crazy dol-phans...:shifty:
    I've gone to the Chargers and Bills game so I hope we continue my undefeated live game streak.

I haven't decided where I'll be sitting though.. wherever I sit, I'll be making noise and pumping everyone up...

at the charger game some guy told me to sit down on the goal line stand.......:pity:
    I won't be taking none of that at this game.:angry:

djphinfan and anlgp like this.
  15. Dubfire

Mar 30, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Bump!!

Let's do this damn thing today!! I'm pumped already and it's only my second cup of coffee.

If you're at the stadium today - I wanna hear you!! Go Dolphins!!

16. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I agree and man i wish i lived in South florida cause i would so be there.

17. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Ill be there and ill be bringing a bunch of friends! Lets make it happen Dolfans!

18. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Loud and Proud today my fellow fin fans!!!! :knucks:

19. anlgp

fans that are going:

we've won 2 division games and beat several teams no one thought we had a chance at beating. this is a team that we're "supposed" to beat.

BE THE 12TH MAN

when they can't get it done, get it done for them.

20. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Kudos to those who were there, did you happen to notice the 12th man?

Not sure if you heard me, but I was bellowing from the west side of the Stadium, 25oo miles.

anlgp likes this.
  21. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I watched the game on TV, cause I don't live in FL.

Every shot of the stadium made me embarrassed. Too many orange seats!!!

anlgp likes this.
  22. anlgp

i watched on a stream and so the atmoshere in the room was cool but the stands looked empty on most shots. on the 50 yard line was alright but spreading out it got worse.

*would so go to a dolphins game if he lived in florida*

23. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    Best attended game of the season, and I was there. No offense, but I go to EVERY game, and I get tired of the "no one is there" comments. It was fantastic today, loud, fun, you name it. :up:

AbideN703, Dubfire and anlgp like this.
  24. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I thought the turnout looked good today. Better than in past weeks. Kudos to all the south Floridians that went out to the game today. There will never be a scenario where you don't notice those bright orange seats.

HolliFinFan likes this.
  25. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Was in Orlando so couldn't go to game. Or watch. Had to listen on the car radio. Does anyone know the official attendance?

26. HolliFinFan

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    I'd also like to add that there were hardly any Seahawks fans there, as when we played the Bills and Jets, and even Chargers, there were lots more. So that makes Dolphins fans all the more present. I gave my seat to my sister-in-law because she is from Nicaragua and in town for the week, and a HUGE fan, I wanted her close to the field. I had to move all around all game because there were not the usual empty seats! At one point, I sat by a nice woman and man who wore Giants hats and plain orange shirts. They told me they are from NY, but love the spirit of the Dolphins, and since we're AFC, they bought out tickets for the rest of the year. :hi5:

Miaballa99 likes this.
  27. Dubfire

Mar 30, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Amen!! The place was electric today and not as many empty seats. We did our part and help will the team to victory!!

HolliFinFan likes this.
  28. Miaballa99

Miaballa99 Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Miami
    It was an aswesome game! Alot of electricity all over the stadium. Very few seahawk fans, so most of the stadium was full of us, Dolphans! Hopefully more and more people show up and stop selling their tickets to opposing team fans! See you guys next week, Section 427! Go Dolphins!

HolliFinFan likes this.
  29. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    was there..it was awesome

alot of fans hang out in the hallway thing that they built...its got awesome bars and places to hang out hehe

HolliFinFan likes this.
  30. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the info. Alls I'm sayin is that the aerial shots made the stadium look empty. I'm glad I was wrong.

31. HolliFinFan

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    There were empty seat up top, but not so many, especially compared to games where other teams fans showed up. I gave up my seat in the 100's, and I had to scramble all game to sit. It was electric, and HOT. I am olive skinned and sunburned, as it was so cool in the a.m. I didn't take my sunscreen. The crowd did get a bit complacent after the 14-0 jump but then came alive again.

32. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Does anyone have any pics of the crowd? And when you guys say best attended game of season, does that include the Jets game?

33. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I think this game was definatly the best attended game of the year. And when I say this I do mean dolphin fan attendance. There were maybe 7 seahawks fans in the stadium

34. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    they may not be selling out, but there are always a good fan base that are showing up....you can't expect a team with a record like last years to be selling out the stadium.

35. Phin-o-rama

Nov 27, 2007
    you can thank the fans that were there cheering there heads off for the false start penalty at the end of the game that made their 2 point conversion that much harder...

3 old timers (fin fans) asked me to sit down in the first quarter which kinda pissed me off...from then on we i was up screaming my face off on every 3rd down on defense...

pisses me off that this was arguably our biggest game in 5 years...every game from here on out is our biggest game as far as I'm concerned...next week the raiders to go to 6-4 is monstrous...and then the pats to go to 7-4...my god it's right there fellas.

:knucks:

36. Phin-o-rama

Nov 27, 2007
    If we win against the raiders i wanna go back for the NE game :hi5: