1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam Wake to get a shot to on Monday? More than likely

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 18, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Per Mike Berardino's Q&A:

I certainly hope so as you can never have too many passrushers, and the return unit was rather anemic, Wake will bring some added passion to both units.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Yes sir Compadre...lets hope that the dude never sees another inactive list again after monday night.

Cant wait to see that low, torpedic like mother grabber come off the edge.

ToddsPhins and padre31 like this.
  3. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yet still be cognisant of the run, lol

ToddsPhins and jetssuck like this.
  4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I really do hope Wake is active. The colts have a banged up OL right now and having Wake, JT and Joey rushing the passer is going to cause nightmares for Manning. If Merling can continue his play from last sunday as well, Manning's jaw might get broken again (not saying I want his jaw broken, just want him hit plenty).

adamprez2003 and padre31 like this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I'm personally happy for Wake, of course this just Mike B speculating, but it does have some basis to form his opinion.

I mean, if I were in Wake's shoes after the Giants cut him and spending that time in the CFL, to finally be able to play in the NFL would be quite a thrill for him I'd imagine.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    good news. getting more young enthusiastic high motoring talent on that pass rush can only help us. he can't be much worse against the run than Joey Porter.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Manning has the ball out so quickly, and I'd bet we shut down their running game early, that every passrusher will matter on MNF.

The thing with Wake, if he pressures early, Porter is likely to face single blocking and should flourish, JT sort of makes his own chances at sacks.

8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    We could use an extra pass rusher on monday.

9. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Who do you think we place as inactive if we do in fact bring up Wake? maybe Hilliard?

I personally would love to see Wake come in and succeed on Monday. More pass rush the better. I love me some LBs. :P

10. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Hilliard would be a good guess. Other than that I really don't know who they could deactivate. Everyone else is needed on special teams. Hilliard is really the only person I could see deactivated in favor of Wake.

11. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    yeah, I think you're right. That would be my best guess too.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    whats their oline look like for 2maro night? whos hurt?

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    LT Curtis Johnson is nursing a bad back, and Tony Ugoh's play was poor enough to see him benched, then moved to Right Tackle.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Charlie Johnson, their starting LT I believe will be out along with a key backup in Jamey Richard. I thought Richard was starting but apparently isn't.

djphinfan likes this.
  15. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    See the thing that makes me suspect Hilliard would be the guy they deactivate is because of his limited role on the offense. He just isn't going to see many touches. Walden and Anderson at least contribute more on defense and so does Jason Allen. I was actually surprised Wake wasn't activated last sunday to help with the pass rush.

16. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Moses??

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Possibly, JT has a death grip on the SOLB position, for all the talk of limiting his snaps he played virtually every down against Atlanta making Moses not as valuable because Wake is a better pass rusher.

I do know we had Charlie Anderson in on 3rd downs and he did not do very much as well, he could be a practice player who doesn't shine when the lights come on.

Erik Walden was solid in kick coverage though, so he will be active Monday.

18. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Moses I think stays active because of his ability to spell JT.

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Hilliard was in on some of the tackles in kick coverage, so he is helping a lot there. Since our kick coverage units played well, do you want to potentially weaken them by not using Hilliard?
    As for Wake helping on kick returns, have we seen anything to suggest he is a better blocker in that role than the guys we had ahead of him? Looking at how poorly we did returning kicks, I guess he would not be any worse.

20. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Wake or Anderson could spell him.

21. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i'm rooting for wake to play. with the injuries to the colts oline and going against Long all week (better than who they have) he might be able to contribute a nice game. We have to get to Manning so anyone who helps with that is needed. Besides Padre would be thrilled

22. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Sparano is gonna Wake the Colts up!

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  23. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    excellent

24. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    If Ugoh plays it isn't an easy win in pass protection. He is athletic and can move his feet well. Ugoh is however a weak player who could struggle to handle our size and physicality up front. If we finnesse him, Ugoh can win, but power will win almost every time.

DOLPHAN1 and djphinfan like this.
  25. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we will win

26. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

See I would think it would be limited role on ST. Hilliard plays ST, not to mention he has taken snaps at FB during practice lately. I have no idea who is going to be inactive.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  27. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    you're probably right. we're all getting pumped up about Wake playing on defense but he will probably only play on Special Teams

28. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Real true, Padre, but it could also be that he got the extra snaps because Sparano wasn't all that impressed with the other options....I don't know for sure, but I'd love to see Moses or Wake getting some snaps in his place, just to let his 35 yr old body make it to when we really need him later in the season....

29. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea but I think Wake could do just as well as Hilliard has on special teams but provide more of an impact at DE/OLB. At FB, I don't think he is going to take away many snaps from Polite. I just think potentially Wake can make more of impact in the game than Hilliard can.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  30. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I think he could do more immediately than Hilliard. I was just commenting on the notion that someone would be active because they contribute on the offense. usually limited players are inactive unless they serve a a specific or starters role. Hilliard plays special teams and has taken snaps at RB and FB. Like it or not he may be active ahead of some others just because he is versatile.

I think Wake should have played last week, our ST's coverage units suffered for it. I'm just not sure who would take the seat so he can play.:confused2:

31. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I hope that Wake looking good doesn't mean that Jake Long was looking like dog poo. :no:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  32. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I doubt it CiF, Wake is more like a sprinter that is coming off of a workout program and has rested for a week, he is primed and ready.

He lost his two a day legs last week, the rest of the team is now starting to recover as well.

33. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Wake would be a good thing to bring into play about now

34. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    If Akin is out then Wake might very well get moved to the active roster.
    XcrossesfingersX

35. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we better all hope & I believe that the entire offensive line had a bad day(including Jake Long) & are on their collective way to excellence & will play accordingly tonight

Wake will not disappoint.
    we blessed with an extremely talented pass rush four deep: Jason, Porter, Wake & Moses

hopefully, our offensive line will help keep Peyton off the field & our pass rush will keep him on his back when he gets a chance to get on the field

Miami by 7