1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camarillo loss will not be that bad

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Nov 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Look I know he was our leading receiver (I even had him on my fantasy team) but losing him for the year will not slow down our offence

Bess can do what he does the problem will be finding out of London or Wilford can be the outside guy to leave Bess in the slot

These are guys that are more valuable to our team this year from offense IMO

Pennington
    Ginn
    Ronnie
    Long
    Smiley
    Carey

Any of those 6 being injured is more important than him

Bess
    Satele

these 2 are just as important as he is

I do think he is more important than Ricky, Cobbs, Fasano, Martin

Now I'm not saying we are better off without him but this is not the same as losing Brown or Green last year

So before we start playing the whoa is me attitude we still have a relatively healthy roster and should be 7-5 playing the Bills on DECEMBER 7 in a game where the loser will be done form the playoff push

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    IMO, it's not really about what it does to our offense in terms of production. It's more about being a sad situation when a guy who works as hard as Camarillo does and loves the game as much as he does has to miss a significant portion of the season due to injury. I'm just happy he was able to get his extension before it happened. He deserves it.

Also, what Camarillo brings to the table isn't just his production on the field. It's his attitude and work ethic that tends to be contagious in a locker room. Sparano touched on it in his presser today. Try telling him Camarillo's loss won't affect the team.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    No other receiver is as clutch as Camarillo. It hurts. You never want to lose a guy like him. He set the standard for the entire team.

sgtphin, mullingan, Agua and 10 others like this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    You guys are both right IMO. Camarillo quickly became one of my (and Chad's) favorite players this year. The guy is dependable, hard-working, and comes through in the clutch. Just about the most important characteristics of any solid player.

The part that really scares me about his injury is what does this do to Ginn? His second half collapse yesterday was unreal. Horrible drops and that return where he damn near GAVE the Patriots a safety was one of the worst things I've seen him do in quite awhile.

If that's how Ginn is going to respond when all the attention is on him then I'm very nervous about our WR core going forward.

But Davone Bess, Big up yourself! :up: That boy can play!

gafinfan and MonstBlitz like this.
  5. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Umm yeah we can lose ricky he sucks right :pity:

6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The loss of Camarillo is quite huge. We lost our chain mover and a guy who consistently gets the job done for us.

I'm not too worried about the way Ginn played at the end of the game yesterday. The whole team lost it's concentration and unraveled. It wasn't just him.

7. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    the point of the post was it could have been a more important person going down for the year

We still have a chance this year with the roster we have as of today to make that playoff push

The Pats lost Brady, Harrison and Thomas for the year and they still look good

Don't discount what Bess will bring to the table

8. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Ricky does not suck. I just think we have others who are more important to our team this year

We still need the R&R express

9. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Hopefully, somebody else will step up and use this opportunity to prove that they deserve to be in Parcells' future plans.

10. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    wow so much credit going out to Cam. I didn't even give him a chance to make the team in the off-season and he came out and showed that he can start. He's done real well.

I'm guessing Wilford takes his spot. I'm pretty sure they keep Bess in the slot.

11. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    i personally call it the 4th quarter from hell. Camirillo got hurt, crowder got ejected, porter went crazy, and ginn played the worst i have ever seen him play.

12. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Ginn and Bess don't have the hands that Camarillo has. On ESPN Monday Night Countdown tonight they showed three passes that Ginn dropped that were gimmes....Keyshawn took Ginn to task for dropping these easy passes, and he was right.

Agua likes this.
  13. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    ginn dropped 3 passes? i remember 2 of them. i am not doubting you i just don't recall the 3rd rop.

14. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    They do that segment every week where they single out certain guys who had bad games (They call it the Come On Man segment)...well the subject of Keyshawn's criticism was Tedd Ginn....actually it may have been two dropped passes and the third thing he criticized was when Ginn fielded the kickoff running to the left and then he turned around and ran backwards about 20 yards and got tackled on the Dolphins 2 yard line. :angry:

15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Or maybe the one that he bobbled then fell on?
    *****as to the topic. IMO Camarillo was our best WR and is much bigger than losing Bess or Ginn.

16. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Losing Camarillo won't hurt us? We are already last in the NFL on converting long 3rd downs, subtract our best go to reciever and I shudder to think about what we'll look like. Bess has good hands but hasn't shown himself to be as dependable or consistant as Camarillo. All I know is, I look for Ronnie to get a lot more looks in the passing game.

17. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I have to disagree here.

Have you seen some of the clutch catches Bess has made the past 3 weeks? I believe he has the best hands on our team. He was known coming in for his outstanding hands.

Outside of the one drop he had last week on that insignificant screen play, he's caught everything thrown his way including that one against Denver 2 weeks back when he caught it while sliding on his back.

And Ginn was known too coming out for his hands. I don't know what the hell happened in the 4th quarter Sunday, but I'm not too concerned about that aspect of his game

18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I have to wonder how much of that is due to our Oline not gaining positive yardage on 1st and second downs?

Bess really hasn't had a chance to start, he has been the #3 wr/slot wr.

19. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I don't think it makes too big a deal either. It sucks that we lost a great hard working guy, but I think we just switch targets back to Fasano and Martin on 3rd downs.

20. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He makes those clutch catches all day.

The only problem is that everybody and their grandma knows we always go to him or Cammarillo on 3rd down.

We need to start looking to him more often on 1st.

21. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I think Bess will step up. His hands are very good and this is his opportunity. He won't be a big time playmaker, but a constant target for Pennington.

22. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Fact is, Cam was starting, and just given that $6 million extension for a very legitimate reason, one significant enough that his absense may be starkly apparent for at least the next couple weeks, or until Chad develops greater chemistry with another reciever.

That said, its a reach to expect any of them to replace Camarillo's consistency, and outside of our tightends, would rather Ronnie, and especially Ricky become more active catching the ball to move the chains, than waste whats left of our season, alternating between Wilford, and London, ultimately to determine which of the two is more expendable.

23. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Ginn had a bad series, the media harps on Ginn because we selected him over Quinn.

24. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The media harps on Ginn because of the uniform he wears. If he wore Giants blue or Jets green he'd be the polite Steve Smith.

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well...let's be real here, this whole season is on a wing and prayer anyway, either one of the guys step up, or we sink down to the level most people including PhinFans thought we would reach this season.

I just have a hard time thinking that Greg C, as surprising he was, cannot be filled in for, has Greg C been THAT much better then Devone Bess?

26. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I have to now try to look at this positively, We know a few things about our future, Greg C. brought his best game to our biggest game....I know he will return, hes young,tough, hell, it'll be good to let him build up those skinny legs for a year.... he looked smooth in sundays game.

And 2nd....Davone bess......I love the way this kid extends for the football. we'll get to see how good he can be.. Unless we go on some 4 game winning streak, my eyes will be focused on player evaluations moving forward.

27. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    My point was made in reference to the precarious vacuum that our unlikely streak of success has flourished. In that context, I do believe that every measured loss we endure, and disparity in talent we substitute, is magnified, and while the margin of error, as well as injury has narrowed, the team remains both resilient, and steadfast.

Our plight is nevertheless clearly obvious, and I'm perfectly content to explore the depths of any talent or potential on the roster, that has yet been adaquately evaluated, or realized.

28. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I hope that you're right padre...but Camarillo was the one that they chose to offer the contract to, not Bess.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I may be wrong here but why would we offer a new contract to a rookie that signed a 4 (?) year deal in April-June?

30. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Bess is a UDFA, he works for peanuts...Greg C was approaching FA status, so his modest contract was called for..

This is a contrarian view, "but" we are rebuilding, the more guys we put into important roles when it counts the better our decision making will be this offseason...meaning if London, Wilford, Bess and Armstrong play, it is not the end of the world, we are playing for next year anyway.

Bess will do fine, as the slot, I just don't think he has the skills yet to be a Wr out on the island...Armstrong showed more then speed, and we have Wilford for gaaakk three more seasons, might not be a bad idea to see what he can do this season..

late again likes this.
  31. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't think he signed anything but a one year deal, alen.
    Miami Dolphins Roster

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Interesting. I thought I read somewhere he signed a three or four year deal. I may have been wrong, sorry dude.