1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camarillo traded to Vikings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by peakz, Aug 25, 2010.

1. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I'm honestly starting to think this front office would rather fair-catch every punt and get touch-backs for kick returns. Reynaud would have been a good trade. Hopefully somebody will get cut that are better options as well.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Or they are only fair catching the ball because they are not very good Returners, a weakness that is easily dealt with..right now.

OmarK is speculating that Don Thomas could be the next to go via trade..

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I don't care what we got in return. One of my favorite Dolphins is gone, and I'm bummed.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    HATE seeing him go. But at least he went to a contender.

Good luck Greg! You'll always have a special spot in the hearts of Dolfans!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWYVfcys5Y"]YouTube- Camarillo game winner[/ame]

Phinperor, ssmiami, jetssuck and 3 others like this.
  5. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    DOH forgot to hit quote! To Padre's comment on Omarks thoughts on D. Thomas...

If Garner gets healthy im all for it! get us a KR'er! IMO I'd like to see another well built running back hit our squad for those duties.

6. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sad day for dolphin fans. We have 2 or 3 different Greg C. type players on the team, but this guy has hands of glue and he has one of the most important catch's in dolphins history. Unlike Welker, I wish this guy all the luck in the world (except week 2).

The man will be missed, especially on 3rd downs this year.

padre31 likes this.
  7. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Also factor in more catches for Fasano and the return of David Martin , the difference in production between Camarillo and say Moore won't be much , plus we add much needed speed and get younger.

I like Camarillo , but this makes sense if Sapp contributes how they envision and need him to imo.

ssmiami and Larryfinfan like this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    and if will allen comes back healthy, whats a 30 year old dime corner gonna impact? relative to him.?

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Greg is 28 going on 29 and wasn't going to hit the field much for us.

Sapp will play a lot.

We get to keep two young Wr's with promise.

I really don't see a downside.

I loved what Cam did while here, but to me this is a win/win trade.

gunn34 and dolfan22 like this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't think it's about whether Sapp contributes a lot. IMO, he's going to be a replacement for Allen. This stinks heavily of Will Allen's return not going as well as they wanted...If Allen returns, then one of the young guys will go and be put on the PS. Sapp's a STer as well...

11. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I gotta say if the Dolphins don't make it to the Superbowl this year, I'm now in the Vikings camp, despite my hate for Favre.

Greg has been a great professional, and one of the bright spots on the team. That being said, we've got a deep WR roster right now. I wish him the best of luck (outside of week 2), and hope he finds a place with the Vikings.

Hopefully we traded for equal value. Our ST unit got flogged against the Jags, and if this guy can come in and play that, and Nickel CB (assuming Allen's injury is worse than assumed), then it will be a win for us.

Once you get passed it being Camarillo, the trade begins to make a little more sense... It's still depressing though.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    NJ, I know what Cam brings to the table, I know Cam is clutch under pressure, I have no idea what this 30 year old corner is and does.....Its a swap, whoever the better player is wins. Cam was younger...

If it were a draft pick I might feel different, I just don't like the way it smells.

You really think benny sapp, who could never make it as a starter, has more value to us as a team than Greg?

The only thing that is interesting to me about this trade is, IF the staff has seen the big young wide receivers we have stepped up.

13. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Yes, Cam wasn't going to touch the field much, Sapp will have a roll in the defense.

As I said, I really don't have a problem with this trade at all.

Loved Cam, but this helps a weak spot on our team.

I think once people get over the shock of who was traded, they will see that its not a bad trade.

14. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Hey Cam thank you for your contribution to the dolphins sorry you have to play with a drama queen like Favre. We support you dude except for week two or if we play against you in the SB. You hold a special place in our heart's, good luck dude. You are an inspiration that we could always depend on you to play balls to the wall all the way.

15. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    This guys numbers are terrible. Don't we already have some poor Sapps on the team?

16. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Yes... If you play nickel in this league, you are a starter. I don't care what the gamebook says.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Cammy was only a starter by default on a very very poor WR corps. But hey even Vikings fans are kinda uneasy about this trade so they seem to like Sapp to.

If Omar is saying DThomas is the next to go in trade, that means it won't happen ;p

padre31 likes this.
  18. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    It's a damn good trade. The two punt blocks have been blamed on the shuffle but I have not seen good coverage out of a single special teams unit. The fact is that this team needs ANOTHER Jason Allen worse than it needs Greg Camarillo.

dolfan22, gunn34 and Mcduffie81 like this.
  19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Will Allen can't go on PUP.

20. dolfan22

Nickle corner till/if Allen gets back and contributing on special teams is a pretty significant contribution though . Certainly that area is more of a need than a 4th WR , whose replacement is fairly comparable in all likelyhood, production wise , plus the added speed and hopefully added special teams bonus.

Being from Winnipeg , this is a huge Viking fan base here , so I have seen Sapp in Minnesota and this is a good insurance move at the least I think.

We don't want to be left looking to fill the spot Sapp will during the season or just before. I actually mentioned in another thread that I thought Camarillo was a possibility of being a cut. Good guy , lots to admire but ... could see it coming , getting a player in a position of need is a bonus for me .

21. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I agree with everything NJ has said about this trade over the whole forum.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  22. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    You still can't date my daughter! :tantrum:

SICK and Big E like this.
  23. dolfan22

Agreed. Completely ...

24. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I like the trade, will miss Cammy and wish him well (except against us week 2), he was one of my fav Fins, but was not likely to see that may snaps this season and we already have his twin in Bess only Bess is a little shiftier. Opens up the WR spot to keep another young talent for development: Turner, Wallace, Moore?

We need the veteran presence and backup at CB considering Will Allen's knee doesn't look like he's 100% yet, not likely to be by the Bills game.

Seems like both teams made out well in this trade, what's gone wrong with Spielman? :lol:

25. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Good..... maybe this will be the excuse we need to find a WR with some speed!!!

26. dolfan22

Again , agreed , completely :up:

27. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Forget 19, 83 is the unlucky number in Miami. See You Greg. Thanks for everything brother!!!!!!!:knucks:

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I disagree that Cam's role would of been the lesser to his counterpart...Cam is a Professional wide receiver that would of taken reps away from Hartline and Bess during the season.

29. Larryfinfan

I think they'd have had to make a hard decision and still may have to at WR. I don't know that Cammy was on the bubble, but I think they think a lot of one or more of those young WRs. Although it hasn't shown thru completely in the two ps games, Wallace, Turner, Moore, Pruitt must all be doing very well. I think adding Sapp is a good thing, we have lots of young talent, but lack in experience, something Sapp has, not to mention his STs skills...

dolfan22 likes this.
  30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    your projecting two things, will alllen will not be healthy this year, and that sapp is better than him if he is..

31. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Yes he can. He would miss the first six weeks however.

32. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I thought you couldn't put a player on PUP if they participated in any part of training camp.

33. Larryfinfan

Here's what I found....

"The Active PUP is for players that have some form of injury that will prevent them from starting training camp.
    If placed on Active PUP, a player can rehab and participate in team meetings but cannot practice.
    A player has to be placed on Active PUP before he begins training camp, so that's why you're seeing the stories popping up now.
    A player on Active PUP can be removed from the list at any time during camp.
    A player on Active PUP counts against the league mandated roster limit (currently 80).
    And one of the most important rules, a player must be on Active PUP in order to be considered for Reserve PUP.
    At the end of preseason, if an Active PUP player is still several weeks away from being able to play, the team may place him on Reserve PUP.
    Reserve PUP players are not eligible to play for the first six weeks of the season.
    Reserve PUP players do not count against the 53 man roster.
    Reserve PUP players have a three week window after Week 6 to practice with the team but a roster decision must be made, either to activate to the 53 or to IR the player, within that timeframe. "

http://www.examiner.com/houston-tex...-on-the-physically-unable-to-perform-pup-list

An article from a Houston paper, but it applies here and according to this, yes we can place him on the reserved PUP....

EDIT: I'm assuming he's on the active PUP now...

34. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Anybody else think this move was also made to prevent the egg on the face of the FO for having to cut both Pat White(gone) and Pat Turner(now they can keep) in the same off-season?

35. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Not really considering that Benny Sapp still occupies a roster spot. If the regime is swapping out talented, quality guys in order to save their draft picks that have failed...then we have a HUGE issue.

I still think, even with Greg gone, that Patrick Turner still sits behind Moore, Wallace and Pruitt.

36. Larryfinfan

Hmmmm...the conspiracy theorist in me is bubbling up...

37. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Very very upset.

Daaammnnnnn youuuuusssss Dupree ;)

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  38. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I am not suprised, as I have said before Hartline is a young, faster version of Camarillo, this made Greg expendable.

39. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    [​IMG]

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Brett Farve will love Greg C...I watched the man snatch 50 balls last year without a drop, crisp route runner with good feet and good moves and deeks to get Sep.

Imo, if greg is healthy, we will regret the move..he will have an outstanding year if healthy.

Javier Arenas on my draft board sure looks good to me..full time returner, slot corner..damn hindsight.

This is one that we just have to trust whoever it is that made this decision, until one of the players separates themselves from the other........My money is on Cam.