1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camarillo traded to Vikings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by peakz, Aug 25, 2010.

1. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

I was referring to the WR unit..... we usually dress 4. Who will be the 4th now?

Also, who will be the 5th? either unactivated or on the PS?

I like those young WR's we have........ the one's not named Turner. I hope if anything this move allows us to keep at least two of the them.

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    is it. didnt know. i would be cool with quan cosby. he would solve our PR problems instantly. dezmon briscoe is a decent developmental project. jerome simpson is a moron apparently but is another developmental project

3. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Why bring in more WR's?

We already have plenty of bottom of the roster talent to choose from......

We're in a position of having to let a good player or two go as it is..... I see nothing out there any better anyway.

4. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pruitt will stick as our 5th wideout because of his special teams play. Moore and Wallace will go on the practice squad.

5. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not gonna happen. But they will probably cut Domenik Hixon.

As well as Sinorice Moss and Derek Hagan. :lol:

6. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Agreed.

This was a great trade.

Yes we all LOVE Camarillo for keeping us from the absolute embarrassment of having a winless season. This franchise simply did not deserve to have that bad a scar on it with such a storied history.

That one catch will keep Camarillo a vivid part of our history as long as the Miami Dolphins are around.

Having said that, if it wasn't for that one play would those of you objecting to this trade still be objecting? I think it's clear this is a clear case of emotions clouding judgement on talent level. Camarillo was reliable and can catch but we have someone better at that in Bess. Camarillo was not going to be very active for us now with Marshall, Hartline and Bess. Were ok at WR. If we need anything it's a burner not another possession WR like Cammy clearly is.

Our Secondary on the other hand may be our achillies heal this year.
    Bringing in a DB with some talent may end up being a season changer for us.
    Not saying Sapp will but if he does have talent, the addition has potential to make much more of an impact than keeping Camarillo would have.

Count me as a fan feeling the sentimental sadness of losing a player that made a great contribution to this franchise in his short time here BUT also supporting this trade as a great move for the team. I just hope Sapp is a decent DB.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I still worry about an injury with one of the first three WR's. Cam would be there to fill a role nicely but its done and I understand it was necessary. We lost Nate Jones who played well last season and we need a slot guy.
    If Sapp does that all is good.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  8. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I hear you. Keeping Camarillo would have been a nice insurance policy.
    If our DB's weren't such a mess we wouldn't have had to make this move.

I must say as well that after reading the measurables about this Sapp cat I'm a little more concerned about the trade now. Measurables don't always tell the story though. Some good players overcome bad measurables but short and slow are never good for a DB.

Killerphins likes this.
  9. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    there will be better out there once the cuts come. its just a matter of whether we want to pull the trigger or not. blair white from indy? take a chance on antonio bryant and his knee? kelly washington or hank baskett from philly? matt willis or brandon stokely from denver? the cincy guys, or we stick with what we got

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hixon tore up his knee, Moss is the one on the roster bubble in NYC.

"IF" the #4 Wr will not see much action on Offense doesn't it make sense to have that #4 also return kicks and play on ST units?

I'd like Stefan Logan on the Dolphins as he can both return kicks and play on ST, but 5 Rb's seems like a stretch.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    As grateful as I am for all Camarillo has done the fact is that he has been ovverrated by this fanbase.

Hartline has been Camarillo's replacement, not Turner.

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Will Allen participated in training camp, therefore he cannot be placed on active PUP. Like that article says, to go on reserve PUP for the regular season, the player must be on active PUP.
    If he is not ready for regular season, our options are IR him or carry him on the 53 man roster till he can play.

Same with Nate Garner.

Stitches likes this.
  13. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I haven't read all of this information since I just got home from work but I have a regular customer at my store who is a die hard Vikings fan and we talk football for hours. He came in today and we chatted about the trade before I had heard about it and he was telling me that this cat we got is like their 5th CB who even got beat out by a rookie. I know The Defense is our weakness but trading Cammy away for someone who probably wont even make the team for the regular season is pretty ridiculous imo.

14. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the rook was a 2nd rounder, number 34 overall :lol: were they supposed to cut their 2nd rounder to keep sapp? their other cbs were winfield,griffin, lito sheppard and asher allen a 2nd yr player drafted in the 3rd round. both allen and cook have looked good this preseason and they were loaded at cb. whoever they were willing to let go was going to end up on a roster somewhere. might as well be here

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  15. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Probably....... but there's also a group here that is under estimating his value. Which is likely somewhere in between.

I meant his place on the WR unit..... not his slot. Cam's gone, Turner in....

16. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I actually thought this would happen if the regime fell in love with two of Moore/Wallace/Turner/Pruitt

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    exactly. It was two players who were probably going to get cut, so the teams traded them instead.

18. southbeachbeast

southbeachbeast New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    After thinking about this trade I think it is a really good move for us. Sapp in a very physical player which will fit in perfectly with this defense I mean we could easily have the most physical defense in the league plus who knows how long W. Allen is going to be gone. I like Camarillo but we just didnt really need him anymore with Hartline and Bess emerging as good, young recievers along with Pat Turner finally coming along and this opens the door for Marlon Moore who has been impressive.

19. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

WHAT BULL****??!!!

WTF is wrong with PARCELLS.

I HOPE WE GOT ****ING BRETT FAVRE OR THE VIKINGS DEFENSE IN RETURN

20. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Moore will stick he has been the most impressive youngster

Pruitt will battle Turner for the 5th

Wallace will be on practice squad

21. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...-game-as-more-881116.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I understand the move if they know Will is out for a while, any other reason I disagree with.

Lets say Allen makes it back in a couple weeks, if Sapp is better than him, than I'll accept the trade, if he drops to the dime, than no.