1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron won't mention Parcells' name

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by njfinfan, Dec 27, 2007.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7548726

Miami Dolphins coach Cam Cameron won't talk about his team's new executive vice president of football operations, or speak his name around reporters.

During his press conference Monday, Cameron carefully danced around reporters' inquiries about Bill Parcells, who signed a four-year contract with the 1-14 Dolphins last week. He tiptoed through several questions about Miami's latest hire without ever mentioning Parcells by name.

2. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    HAHAHA ! Leave it to the media to start stirring the kettle again. A similar story came out last Thursday about " Cameron avoiding questions on Parcells " when the TUNA got hired. Cameron just gonna keep a low profile because he doesn't know what's going to happen yet.

3. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I saw a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while yesterday and he's a Raiders fan. He was all over the Parcells hiring for the Dolphins. Couldn't congratulate me enough. I'm still reserved about what's going to happen, but his enthusiasm made me a little optimistic.

4. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'm usually a pesamistic person, but I haven't felt this optimistic about the Phins future and upcoming season since Saban got hired. I'm a little nervous too about changes, but this team can only go up from here on out.

5. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    Think about it (sorry, I hate that phrase). Who other than BP would you rather have running the show? For me, there is NO ONE out there I would rather have than Bill Parcells. NO ONE. He's the best possible person to do what needs to be done. Thank you Mr. Huizenga.

6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Okay - maybe it made me more than a little optimistic. :lol:

7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Yeah this has been mentioned in a couple of threads. Cam is trying to get his team focused, how does talking about Parcells help that? If he answers one question about him, 20 more come. I don't blame Cam at all.

Do you think as a coach Parcells would talk about it? No

8. Passrusher

Passrusher New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    In the draft war room
    One thing is for certain we can't get any worse. We have hit rock bottom so we can only go up!! Parcells was pretty much the best guy we could get who was available. Anyone know what time his press conference is today?

9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    So far, he's accomplished that for one half of a game out of 15 games, against Baltimore.

10. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Same thinking here but Cam knows that come Monday he will have to answer those questions.

11. finfan1966

finfan1966 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    YEs I am so happy that we have the Tuna running the show. I will admit that I was not happy with the people that Wayne was letting run things here. Cameron and Mueller are idiots. I sure hope they get their pink slips at the end of the year. Especially after the Ginn pick at number 9. That was enough proof for me that Mueller has to go!

12. Passrusher

Passrusher New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    In the draft war room
    Maybe now when we make our selection in the first round of the draft we aren't all sitting there saying "what?, what in the #*$@ did we do that for??!!"

13. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    So just how hard would it be to turn this team around? Is it so difficult it requires a multimillion dollar genius to figure it out? How do I get a job with the Huizinga organization? Maybe he can call a bunch of us Finheaven knowitalls in for a consulting session for a measley $25,000.00 each. Well, as long as it doesn’t take more than ten hours anyway…

14. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Honestly, I would have rather waited till the end of the season and gone after Tom Heckert Jr to fill the same position. However, Bill is here now, and we will see if he actually does allow the general manager on this team to make the personnel decisions. I absolutely do not want Bill Parcells making the personnel decisions.