1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Tell Me About TS?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Darrelle Revis, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    He coached Tim Tebow at the Senior Bowl and still didn't take him. Tony's not a positive influence on QB's. He just mindbleeped Henne constantly. He's going to wreck Sanchez. I pray the Jets get Peyton just to see him inevitably yell at Tony Sparano. You guys are so effed. I've been in an unbiased frame of mind when it comes to Tony. Such a strange hire, he's going to drive you guys even nuttier. You guys must be haunted by the ghost of Al Davis.

2. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Agreed.

Losing to them, however...

Suicide watch. :pity:

3. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Not for us!

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    See Cam Wakes Rookie year when he dominated his opponent the few times sparano allowed him on the field..One of the most frustrating things i've witnessed from a coach..Great player producing, keep him on the bench, reps did not ascend as the season went on..Never seen anything like it..What a waste of a year..

Coming in a close 2nd is the mystery behind not playing a young player who imo, was flashing serious improvement and explosiveness coming into the year, Chris Clemons, His speed and aggressiveness was clearly evident relative to the players Sparano was putting in there this year..What a fu^%ing joke that was, truly was..The only thing Chis clemons did wrong was drop a few int's..

He didn't like the fans here..But in this case, I think he was right, our behavior was unfair to him and some of his players while he was manning the position..He loved his players..

5. Loyal Fin

Loyal Fin Business as usual

Mar 22, 2008
    South Florida
    I might not know as much about football as rafael (one of my fav. posters) but I agree with him that TS's style is currently unknown. He's had success in the league and in college. He knows football.
    I didn't like the Jets hiring him, as a Dolphin fan, because now the Jets have a motivating coach who the Jet players will love. He's a player's coach. And now with game management decisions stripped from him, he can focus on the running game and(maybe) coming up with the offensive scheme? I think he's dangerous. But that's just me. Dolphin fans LOVE to hate him.

6. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Tony Sparano

Not a bad person but will make dam sure he gets down and makes every player he is in charge of feel like pond scum. Believe it. If you have some hot headed prima donnas on offense then you better be ready for some unhappy campers. Sparano believes the best way to make a player better is to curse at them and continuously put them down in front of the entire team. Word, believe it.

7. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    The man knows football but goes out of his way to embarass any player that does not think the way he does. Of course he has his brown nose favorites that can do no wrong. The players, regardless of the media speak, were happy to see this clown go. His methods are akin to mental degrading at its best. I predict no less then 3 players will have contracts put on him before camp ends

8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    All you need to know is that when your owner begins stocking the staff with a lot of ex Head Coaches, one of them will be taking the reigns by midseason next year. Your locker room is a toxic brew and Rex will suffer the same fate Tony did for sticking with the QB they had.

9. 13Marino13

13Marino13 Old school VH rocks!

Jan 5, 2008
    Palmerton, PA
    First of all he sucks with the oline, ours got worse with each year, Sanchez will be checking down alot, they will play conservative (not to lose) and settle for field goals, I would not trust him to be able to develop a quarterback.....do you really want me to continue? I'm just glad you guys got him

10. 13Marino13

13Marino13 Old school VH rocks!

Jan 5, 2008
    Palmerton, PA
    He's dangerous alright, dangerous to the team. He seemed like a nice guy, well organized and respected by the players, his only downfall is he totally sucks as a coach.

11. mommabilly

May 3, 2010
    Almost forgot. Jets will now take in every player Dallas cuts regardless if he can still play the game or not and you will all get behind those players and honestly believe that since Sparano brought them in and since they played for Dallas that they are good players. Ignore they can hardly walk or 31 other NFL teams did not return their agents phone calls. Tony says they're good, therefore they are good.

12. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Be prepared to add Columbo to your Oline even though better options are available.

13. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I have learned a lot from this thread. Offensive coordinators are now in charge of player personnel, clock management, and overall game strategy like sitting on leads and when to go for it on 4th down. I never knew they did all that.

Look - I almost puked in my mouth when I heard Sparano was the new OC. And I am praying they can get Haley on board to work with him. But when I watched him coach you guys, the things that I thought he was terrible at he won't be in charge of as an OC. If the Jets play for a FG next year it's because Ryan is playing for a FG, not Sparano. If they add ex-Cowboys and Dolphins, it will be Rex and Tanny's final call - not Sparano's.

14. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I think a big reason the jets wanted Sparano is to finally get a character guy and leader in the locker room. Sparanos players loved him and played hard for him, even at 0-7. As far as a football mind and strategist/teacher, I think the jets won't benefit much.

Sparano and Sanchez? I think you see Tony back coaching college ball in CT at the end of that marriage, and Sanchez out of the league..or riding the pine where he belongs.

15. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Without adding someone like Haley to the coaching staff, I almost agree. I can see Sanchez as a backup - but not out of the league. There is such a demand for QB's these days.