1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Bill Gates stop hurricanes? Scientists doubt it

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by 305, Aug 30, 2009.

1. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/08/28/hurricanes.gates.gray/index.html

2. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    good idea........doubt it

the volumn of water that would need to be surfaced is too much for this to be a viable solution............plus every ecological freak in the world will be all over it

Leave it to Bill Gates to think he could control Mother Nature:shifty:

Bill would be better off concentrating on getting this sad version of windows called vista replaced.....of course I wonder if the latest sad attempt at a better operating system wasn't intentionally put out screwed up.......got to admit they generated 100's of millions of dollars in sales------now to be replacing it with Windows 7.....in a store near you soon.....................

ahhhhh fellas don't feel bad it's our duty to contribute 2 - 300 dollars every 3 years or so to Mr Gates bank acccount

Agua and gafinfan like this.
  3. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Bill Gate is the lesser of 2 evils.

Steve Jobs is Satan.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    this is just a stupid waste of money..

Agua, DaFish, jason8er and 1 other person like this.
  5. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Hurricanes are natures way of moving heat from the tropics to the upper latitudes. Not sure that I'd want to disrupt that natural cycle, even if it was possible.

But, this is Bill Gates. If I had that kind of money and conquered the business world, I would probably become complacent enough to think I could conquer mother nature too.

DaFish and cnc66 like this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Bills Gates really is a mad scientist!!!

cnc66 likes this.
  7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That seems like a very difficult task. Its already difficult to project the path of a Hurricane because they change their paths often I believe. What if he gets the barges set up and then the storm takes a turn? The barges would be useless than. I think this idea is going to work as well as the idea of having a 300 foot lead pipe driven through the middle of a Hurricane by the coast guard. In other words, I don't see this working out at all lol.

8. Eshlemon

Eshlemon Well-Known Member

That has to have the potential for some big time unintened consequences...starting with screwing up the oceans biosphere.