1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I ask a fantasy football related question here?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by arsenal, Jan 3, 2008.

1. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    Keeper decision and im very torn so looking for as much advice as possible.

Here is how mine works...

12 team league
    1 Keeper has to be kept
    a 2nd keeper can be kept but you forfeit your first round pick from the next years draft...
    basic standard scoring
    Start:
    1 - QB
    2 - RB
    2 - WR
    1 - TE
    1 - Flex (can ONLY be WR or TE, so most of the time its a WR)
    1 - Def
    1 - K

my problem is my team is WR heavy... here are the potential keepers I have...
    RB - Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore
    WR - Reggie Wayne, Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson

now, I obviously have a boner for Ronnie Brown (HE along with Gore were my keepers from last season), but with his injury I know i cant keep him and can probably redraft him later...
    Gore hasn't been last year Gore, but we know what hes capable of and he picked it up towards the end of this season...

I COULD keep 2 WRs but that would be crazy and leave me without a top tier RB which is very risky... I'm currently leaning toward keeping Gore and 1 of the WRs, the question is which one?

so 2 questions for you Fantasy Football experts:
    A ) Which 2 would you keep
    B ) If you had to pick just 1 WR, which one would it be?

Thanks in advance!

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Personally, I would keep Wayne only. You don't know about Brown and others will be worried about picking him up, you should be able to get him in round two if wanted. Plus we won't be running Cam's offense now, so his production could go down.

Edwards may have Quinn thrwing to him, so I would expect growing pains.

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    andre johnson

4. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    yeah i dont have to decide now which is the good thing... i can see what happens with Anderson in cleveland... i can see what happens with the offenses in SF and here in Mia, etc... but the season is freshly over and i want to think about it now while i still have a football mentality....

the other thing is I want to keep 2 players... missing out on the first round sounds like a lot, but its not... most of the good players are kept and most owners keep two players... last year only like 5 teams picked in the first round, and i think this year might end up being less... so its not that big of a deal to keep 2 guys and forfeit that pick...

5. arsenal

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    actually what about this, because to me any of the 3 WRs are studs and i would be happy with any one of them (wish i could keep them all)...

if i just keep Gore, and get my first round pick, i could end up with a high 1st round pick and get a stud if one is available, and if not most likely at least ONE of the guys im letting go will be there... the chances that all 3 of them are gone by the time i pick in that first round would be slim... and that would mean there are other good players available, because some people in the league have 3 potential keepers and obviously cant keep them all...

one team has Peyton Manning, Marion Barber, Reggie Bush and Chad Johnson, obviously at least 2 will be available... another team has Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and Steve Smith... another with Romo, Addai, and Larry Fitzgerald, etc...

im sure WORST case scenario i could end up with one of my WRs back, best case scenario I can end up with a great pick and get a superstud someone let slip away...

what you guys think about that strategy?

6. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Keep Wayne AND either Edwards/Johnson.
    Draft a RB with your 1st 2 picks.

7. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Andre Johnson would be my keep from that list.