1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Mando please stop manipulating this process?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Jan 10, 2014.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It is starting to become tiresome and frankly unethical that a team states over and over and over and over and over their position, yet ONE reporter who has a vendetta against them blatantly lies. I can only hope that the candidates sit down and listen to Ross, instead of reading yellow journalism from the guy who NEVER breaks any reliable Dolphin news. If this crap cost Miami a shot at a better GM over lies from a reporter that would be most disappointing IMO.

Pariah, OkiePhin, Fin D and 1 other person like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I stopped reading Mando about a year ago. His goal in his job seems to be to degrade the fins at every chance he has. He's upset because his mouthpiece (JI) is gone from the organization and now has to manufacture his own slanted views of what is going on. I think it's time he move on, as a beat reporter...he's just spinning his wheels here and fewer and fewer people are listening/reading his stuff...

3. MIASportsFan

MIASportsFan New Member

Nov 25, 2013
    West Palm
    Agreed. No reports from him can be taken with any seriousness.

4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I would think you want to foster new contacts and sources..

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Honestly hes a joke, and the worst thing that happened was him becomming the phins "voice" on profootballtalk. Him and Florio work together (wow wonder why they get along?!) and now Mando is some national "go-to" for Dolphins information.

Hopefully that bull**** goes away now that his "puppet master" Ireland is out of the ****ing building. Hes back to having the guys that spray midfield at Nova Southeastern University for training camp being his source, and it pisses him off!

Professional troll.

Fin D and finyank13 like this.
  6. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Personally, I like his stuff. You just have to remember that he is clearly trying to win a job with the Onion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    This d-bag has a major agenda. And he's but hurt being on the outside looking in professionally. I don't bother following him or Omar, because quite frankly, what those 2 report are not relevant to the Miami Dolphins. Hyde and Abramson are the only local beat guys worth following.

Larryfinfan and SICK like this.
  8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the problem isn't just mando. The problem is the media enters some sort of self feeding cycle where they crap out each others "inside source" material over and over and over again.

finyank13, Larryfinfan and Fin D like this.
  9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Thats life in general everywhere.....politics, sports, weather.....

Its just sad Mando has sucked enough D to have his regurgitated gonoreah spread by prominent people in the national media.

finyank13 likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yes its everywhere. My point is, we saw it with the martin thing too. It wasn't mando feeding that one, as I recall, it was a lot of different people. What's funny is if you look at most articles they just seem to quote other writers. If you want to stop it, stop clicking really, sit back, relax, and wait till things are over. At least that's what I try to do. Now that may not be the best thing for the forum however..............
    And pretty much 90% of writers today suck balls. Seriously, read an article from back in the day and compare it to now. Even their yellow journalism was way better haha.

Fin D likes this.
  11. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    My grandfather was a journalist for the Palm Beach Post in the 60s/70s....he wrote a GIGANTIC multi-paper story we still have, talking about the benefits of Disney World coming to Florida. He also did big stories about the growth of South Florida killing important agriculture and natural habitats.....it makes me sick, and hes rolling in his grave seeing the "journalism" thats potrayed today. Its never a hard hitting, researched topic. Its spit and propoganda "my source says this potentially"....or "Rumblings in the locker room"

Nothing concrete, nothing "reported" just trash.

I don't EVER click a link if I know its Mando or Kelly. Ever.

Edit: For those who care

"Florida: Paradise in Peril"

12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That guy has no say nor has any effect on organizational decisions, so it doesn't matter what he says. He's easily ignored.

13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    While it is a relevant point, coming from Armando it's also just clearly his attempt to smear those in power in Miami on behalf of his sources. And if that source is not Jeff Ireland directly, it certainly is someone close to him who identifies with him.

finyank13 and Larryfinfan like this.
  14. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Some of you have experience in journalism. Do any of you find the articles written Armando to be embarrassingly transparent and slanted...even beyond pathetic. CK, you have written many stories and articles, Does the fact that Armando writes the word DawnJoe in articles in a newspaper shock you? He sounds like a immature child. How does he get away with such nonsense.Two people that work for an organization that you cover? A disparaging nickname? this is professional??!!!

15. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado

Then that's all the proof we need to tie Mando's pimp daddy Ireland to the Martin problem.

Fin D likes this.
  16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Absolutely.

As far as which media guy started it, it was really Schefter. Cogs basically challenged him on Twiitter (I believe), and Schefter went full smear. Then LaConfra, never one to miss out on a yellow journalism opportunity, cranked his tard knob up to 11.

finyank13 and bigbry like this.
  17. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

That explains his latest attempts at journalism. That doesn't explain his history of smear tactics against the organization. I'm sure that the organization isn't exactly squeaky clean in how they've handle the press over the years. The Satan regime really caused problems with the local media guys, all of them. But you can only read so much of his 'opinion' before you figure out it's all the same... He's been shown over and over to be 'misinformed' or simply making things up in his pieces...

I'm serious when I say that it's time he move on. He's not doing himself or the other local media personnel or the Fins any good at this point...

18. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Somebody...anybody...would have to give a f*** what came outta his d***-sucker to care. Not gonna hap'n.