1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can one player make a difference to our future?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FanMarino, Mar 16, 2012.

1. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Manning was a fill in in my opinion. Im slightly gutted by the Manning decision but i know alot of you guys were swept up in the media hype as i was. I was one of them. Quarterback. Thats where we start and finish regarding someone leading our team to Playoffs and glory. Manning to me was always a stop gap. Ive got a 4yr old Son who i want to bring up watching a winning Dolphins team. Im screaming out for it.
    Whats it going to take to get us winning at home, getting the fans back and getting us back to being a powerhouse?

2. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Time.Once we get a coach and QB with more than 3 three seasons together.

3. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Look at what Manning did in Indy. One player can't make a difference; but one great QB can - in this league. He changes everything. A great QB can make the entire offense better. The WR's run better routes, concentrate more and catch better; the running game is enhanced if the team runs it appropriately; the O-linemen become highly motivated to not let him be hit (and he makes them look better by getting rid of the ball quickly). And, the defense has more confidence to take chances and create turnovers knowing they have a guy who can come right back and score. It doesn't win everything but it makes a huge difference and Manning - probably more than any QB in the modern era (if only you know how hard it is for me to say that - not a fan) - elevated his team like that.

4. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    To go along with what you have nicely stated, the Manning's and Brady's are typically the hardest workers on the team on the field and in the film room. They aren't great QBs by accident. It allows Manning, Brady, etc...and coaches to have high expectations of other players work ethic and hold them accountable.