1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we bring back Will Allen?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Sep 13, 2011.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Hell...can we bring back Jason Allen? What we saw last night from Carroll was horrible. That wasn't rookie bad. That was high school playing vs NFL bad.

OK....I get it, you were gassed. You are supposed to be better conditioned than that. You are a pro athlete playing in the most demanding position on defense. There is no excuse for being burned like that time and time again.

Speaking of conditioning...how is it that we are the ones cramping and the ones who melted in the heat and humidity? Sure...they Pats were going all hurry up and they were on the field a long time. Still...this is what we practice in, unless we are spending to much time in the practice bubble. Vonte out for over 2 quarters with cramps? Come on man! You were hardly out there and then you cramp up? :no:

Can't help to think that it MAYBE would have been different had Vonte been in there. The majority of the burned plays were at Carroll. Would that have been the call had Vonte been in there? Probably not.

Still...we couldn't stop the TE's, so that would have probably been where they went. There has to be some better corners on the market than Carroll. Right? :sad:

2. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    Wish Wayne Huizenga came back.

Xeticus likes this.
  3. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I wish Zach Thomas was in his prime and I wish Patrick Surtain and Brock Marion were in their prime.bottom line is this has been 7 years now and our oline is still a issue ,so I think letting vernon Carey is something we need to do . the positives were Fasano , Henne , and Marshall . I am not sure about bess becuase my power was off and on , Hartline did not impress me at all but the most important thing for me why is our special teams so darn bad ?

4. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Hartline made a few clutch catches, Bess played alright. I think teams are catching on to him stretching for the pylon on the right side of the field though.

I am in favor of bringing back Allen. I thought Carroll might have been good last year, but its clear he is not taking the next step. Wilson will beat out Carroll by the end of the year IMO.

5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    did anyone see kevin burnett last night ?

Tin Indian likes this.
  6. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Lily Allen could probably cover better than Carrol. At least she'd be better to look at

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    There were just as many burned plays against Benny Sapp as there was against Carroll. I'm willing to overlook it a bit with Carroll, he's young, inexperienced, its not like we plan on playing our 4th/5th CB against the Pats. You had to know that's going to happen, probably will no matter who replaces him if he is replaced. Sapp is the one that worries, and angers me. He's experienced. There's no excuses for him. Sure he made a play to force the Odrick INT, but that doesn't excuse the multiple time's he got burnt last night. For a guy with his experience, and being the 3rd corner on our depth chart, that shouldn't happen, its his 8th year in the league. It's his play that concerns me more than Carroll at this point. They were both bad though.

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Its not easy to simulate what the CBs had to go through last night in practice.

Either way, I'm not sure anyone can expect Nolan Carroll and Benny Sapp to be your #1 and #2 CBs. Will Allen most likely wouldn't have made it past the first half of the game.

9. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    That's what I kept asking myself last night watching TE's run down the field at will. Isn't that why they brought him in? To cover TE's in particular?

10. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    I think once everyone gets in shape our secondary will be vastly improved.

11. dolphinkev

dolphinkev Active Member

Jun 2, 2008
    CHARLESTON SC
    What ever happened to press coverage or bump and run where you knock the receiver off his route, It would also be nice to hit the te and not give a free release when gronkowski is lined next to the right tackle. I hope the defense knows you do have 5 yards to hit receivers. sam madison lives in miami maybe his services are needed to do some teaching, because apparently the secondary coach doesn't have a clue.

12. hazed819

hazed819 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    No but i bet Channing Crowder did as he laughed hysterically at how ineffective he was. Release players for better players im down with that, but to replace one with another that is worse tahts just a dam shame.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    We're still a Top 32 defense without him...