1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we join your tailgating party this monday? (Jets@Fins)

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by DanesLovesNFL, Oct 10, 2009.

1. DanesLovesNFL

DanesLovesNFL New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Hi out there!

We are two Danish guys just landed in Miami to experience our first live NFL game - we're psyched, but we'd like to experience the whole package, which means going to a tailgating party beforehand.

We'd really like it if we could join some tailgaters to see how it's "really done", and obviously we'll pay our share. We live at the South Beach, so if anyone could advice us on the easiest way to go to Landshark Stadium (no, we didn´t bring a car from Denmar:tongue2:)

We're straightforward, friendly, funny and really likes beer and meat!:up:

Does anyone feel up for the task to show some Europeans how to tailgate US style?

P.S. Know we're a bit late, but hopefully this board is active enough to deliver our request to a max. amount of Dolphins-fans....

dolfan7171, azfinfanmang and anlgp like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

just kidding......i wish i was there, id party with you guys def.!!!!!!!!

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i'm not going but i'm sure anyone who is would love to have more dolphins fans in attendance..

you guys are paying your way, and it's your first game, so I really wouldn't see the issue.

with that said I don't live anywhere NEAR landshark stadium. i hope someone answers this and you guys have a great time.

dolfan7171 and dolphindebby like this.
  4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    good luck guys hope you find someone to tailgate with. Hey i would let you tailgate with me, if you brought the grill, beer, meat, chips......................

5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Seriously bro,

All you really have to do is show up a couple of hours before the game, and hit the parking lot. It helps to have a cooler in hand, but that is optional.
    It is more like one HUGE backyard party, meeting incredible people and sharing stories. Just look for large gatherings of people (Usually gathered around a Grill), introduce yourself and you will enjoy. I think you might find people will really be interested in the fact you come all the way from Denmark to watch a game...great novelty :up: .... oh yeah, I would personally suggest wearing Dolphin Jersey's if you have em...but that is also optional.

Enjoy, and welcome to USA :up:

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

And if you were in Miami instead of El Paso-de Gaso....:tongue2:

unluckyluciano likes this.
  7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    you didn't let me finish, and if they bought me a ticket to miami. ok now im done.

azfinfanmang and anlgp like this.
  8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    :escape2:

but seriously, I hope you have a great time. And you should private message Mor911. he really loves beer and "meat" too.

9. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I can't help you now, but if you're still in the US next season, go to http://www.phinvaders.com and be part of the crowd when we take over an away opponent's stadium.

But, you're in good hands. I just read an article yesterday that had Landshark Stadium as one of the top 10 tailgating stadiums in the country.

10. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    Yeah, I and my roomate are also looking for somewhere to tailgate. I guess if we walk around with our dolphins jerseys and drinks, no one would mind us talking phins football.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. DanesLovesNFL

DanesLovesNFL New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Thanks for the replies so far. I've heard that we should just turn up and play it by (b)ear, and it seems like that's the way to go - bringing our own cooler with beer. Can anyone tell us, how soon we should arrive at the stadium to enjoy the "huge garden party" to the fullest?

And where can coolers be bought? Here on South Beach the stores are primarily clothes, shoes, tattoos and food:-)

12. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Most of the gas stations/conveinence stores have the styrofoam coolers. But if not, google the closest Walmart.

If I were going, I'd get there around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

13. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Hey guys!
    There is a walmart, literally across the street from the stadium. You guys are most likely to get there from the high way, so when you pay the tolls right before the stadiium (or when you drive by it, two routes) follow the road, there will be cash lots on your left, and stadium itself on the right, you will eventually run in to a big street, take a right, which mean that the stadium will stay to your right...and there will be a wal mart down the road. Alot of people just park there instead of cash lots. Get a 24, pop it open right there, buy a styrophome (i know i murdered that word, lol) cooler, pop some ice in there, and head to the party. Im planning on getting there around 5 (no, im not tailgating tho(( But with a cooler full of gear, some Dolphins gear and a story of two fans all the way from Europe, should land you a nice rack of ribs.
    Enjoy!

dolfan7171 likes this.
  14. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Our little tailgate gang will be in the parking lot at/near the 21West sign. Our resident chef has already begun cooking and all other food prep, but if you were to drop by with beer/burgers/munchies, or whatever I'm sure we could get something of a potluck going. We will be there when the gates open at 4:30. Last Monday night game we got there an hour later and barely got in the lot.

If you, or anyone else wants to drop in and talk Dolphins football, 21W is our place, this and every game. I drive a blue Toyota Tacoma that will be flying a big Dolphins flag in the back. If you drop in, nice to meet you and I'm sure a good time wlll be had. If not, good luck and have a great time @your first Fins game. Welcome!

dolfan7171 and DanesLovesNFL like this.
  15. DanesLovesNFL

DanesLovesNFL New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Thanks to Kurt, Troy, Maria, Nelson etc. for the hospitality - we had an amazing night in your company and will definitely look you up if we're ever in Miami to see a Dolphins game again!

@Maria: Your chicken burger was amazing!

phineas64 and anlgp like this.
  16. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Glad to see you guys made it!

17. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Glad you made it out and had a great time. And incidentally got to watch such a great game! Thanks for stopping by, it was great meeting new friends and fans of the Fins. You are welcome at our tailgates anytime! Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe flight back.

DanesLovesNFL likes this.
  18. screamer

screamer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    United States
    this is why this site is great. EVERYONE is welcome! Glad you guys had a great time and you saw a great game.