1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we UNMOVE my threads, please?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by CANEPHINS, Sep 18, 2011.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Neither were "in game topics" and neither deserve to be moved into that thread. Both threads are individual discussions that deserved to be discussed on their own merit.

:up:

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Maybe so, but this isn't dolphins related.

:tongue2:

Now help me add to the game pics thread :up:

3. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Are we going to add pics for losses this season?

Then again...we might not have any pic threads at this pace.

Between a rock and a hard place.

4. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    While we are on it....Merging threads is over moderation. Just because another thread mentions, say Andrew Luck, it doesn't mean that it deserves to be dumped into an endless thread. Some of these threads stand on their own and contain nuggets of information that are greater than the sole topic you merged to.

Basically, it is ridiculous to merge threads and create these endless posts. They often don't relate to the main post and jump off in tangents that are confusing to the posters and those replying. I am an Admin (Super Mod...whatever you want to call it) on another site and this is one of the worst cases of over moderation I have ever seen. It is bad enough that you move threads into game threads, when they have nothing to do with the game....but now merging threads just makes me less interested to be an active member and post new topics.

5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    its a medium choice. is andrew luck a miami dolphin? no. but he will come in the discussion. he is really single topic until or if he becomes a dolphin. no matter how you slice it, the topic is speculation of him becoming a dolphin. do we want 20 threads about a college player that may or may not be a miami dolphin months in the future in the main board for discussing miami dolphins football? not at all.

the other choice is to put all andrew luck talk in the draft forum. instead, there is a single place to allow talk about Luck in the main forum

6. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Fair enough.

Still doesn't explain moving posts that have nothing to do with the game into game threads. Just because I post something during the game, that is up for discussion, doesn't mean it needs to be in the game thread.

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If it's a one-liner e.g. a thread with little to no effort put forth, it's gonna go in the game thread. Beyond that, it can remain.

We purposely don't have a shoutbox. The main forum isn't for that either. ;)

8. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    RIP.

:lol:

9. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    They weren't one liners. They were threads for discussion that had content. :)