1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carpenter vs Barth....The Battle for Kickers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Aug 11, 2009.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I love the fact that not only did Carpenter welcome the competition, he basically asked for it.

Coach Tony had this to add on the signing and battle during todays press conference.

"We want competition at all positions if we can get it ...He (Carpenter) likes competiton so we brought competition in to kind of fuel that fire and see what we get"

Me likey what I hear. :up: Sounds like a win-win here.

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I'm sure that Carpenter wants the 'competition', but if the trend continues, he'll have wished himself right out of a spot here in Miami....

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    ?

unless we find on finding some random pro bowl kicker i wouldnt bet on it. Carpenter is the truth.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    What trend would that be? Carpenter isn't going anywhere. Competition or no.

5. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Carpenter is the real deal as a kicker. I'm glad he takes his craft seriously and isnt just asking for a weekly paycheck.

6. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I think he means the new kicker every year trend. I cannot remember off-hand the last time an incumbent won a kicking competition.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Well, Olindo Mare was here for quite awhile. It was clear he was let go because of his performance. And Feely was clearly let go because of his outspoken nature. I think the regime changes played a part also. Carpenter makes very little money and was an above average kicker last year, so my guess is the trend stops.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    let them compete!