1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casey Hampton will also be Tagged

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

So now Wilfork, Franklin, & Hampton are all of the market. Miami might either have to use their 1st on a player like Dan Williams or resign Ferguson for one year. Things are starting to shape up for FA and showing us our most important needs.

2. finsnchips

finsnchips Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I was going to start a thread in the draft forum about Dan Williams, but here is as good a place to post it...

With an apparent premium now being placed on the 3-4 NT, and teams not willing to let them walk in free agency and at a steep price (see Wilfork, Hampton, Franklin), at what point do the Dolphins start looking at NT with #12 and more specifically Dan Williams. A player who is being touted at going around that area in the draft, as the third DT in the draft.

I was wondering what the gurus thought about him?? Whether he is a feasible option for us?? Or maybe if we even need to look at NT - how good is or isnt Soliai??

3. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    Damn, now we're down to Pickett, Ferg, or even a Tank Johnson. I can't see Williams as our pick.

4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Did anyone really believe there was a realistic chance of any one of those 3 becoming a Fin? There's little upside to their teams letting them walk away. All are playing at a high level. Finding a replacement is not an easy task.

JimToss likes this.
  5. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Why would any of these teams just let these players walk? Then they would be in the same position the Dolphins currently are.

late again likes this.
  6. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    Theres a reason I want us to drop back and take Oderick late in the first,he can play NT,and we can stockpile picks

7. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    As I posted before, Hampton was 50-50, and there was a debate on tagging him. The WRONG 50 won out. LOL

I do not see any rookie who is gonna come in and make a difference this year. They take a year to adapt.

Soliai has the talent to be VG, IF he would only get his head on straight. I'm not counting on that happening. We may have to talk Ferg into trying to make one more year or, even move Starks over.

late again likes this.
  8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm with ya. I had read that Ferguson would come back if asked. So that's my hope for this next year. Also that Soliai keeps working and that we draft someone to step in eventually.

9. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I don't know much about it, but I've heard that Nt is a fairly deep position in this years draft, is that correct?

I was reading that had it not been for Suh, and I forget the name of the other guy, Williams would be a top 10 prospect. Seems like a pretty good value at #12 then no?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Ryan Picket is still a FA. And the chances of him staying a FA are good because of Raji.

11. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    It would seem that with each big name player that is franchised and taken off the market the more valuable the remaining big name free agents like Karlos Dansby becomes. That may drive the prices up on the remaining startable players available in free agency and out of the price range of what the Dolphins are willing to pay.

12. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think Soliai can become better and start. Rest him with Ferg and that way they both last longer. We can always pick up a huge guy who can command double teams and have some time to develop him.

NT in a 3-4 may be the one of the hardest positions to develop in the NFL.

13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Anonymous likes this.
  14. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    We can not take Williams in the 1st round, if we "must" take a NT it better be later in the draft.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think we have to bring back Ferguson now.

late again likes this.
  16. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    No question brother. Ferguson and Soliai are going to have to hold the middle. In addition we need to keep our fingers crossed that Soliai develops into what we need.

Anonymous likes this.
  17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Dont get me wrong here because Ferg has been real good here when healthy
    I just don't want to get into another Keith Traylor type situation
    In '07 he could barely move in the middle and we were stuck
    Soliai to me is spotty at best
    he stunted his own development imo

so many holes on defense :sad:

18. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I know, killer. We've just gotta hope for the best with this one. I hate for us to have to take a NT early since we really need more than one LB who can contribute sooner rather than later..not to mention we need a starting FS as well.
    On the other hand if we address FS and at least one LB position satisfactorily with FA or trade then we're probably ok going into the draft in need of that NT.