1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

casting news from next Batman film; "Gotham"

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by charlestonphan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Would of been better off with Fez as Venom.

2. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007

As much as I like Panquin(sp?) in true blood and as a general hotty I didn't feel she was a good Rogue though is a good actress. They toned Rogue down too much for the movies. I did like the Xmen movies a great deal though. Otherwise I have to agree with Pagan that a black riddler wouldn't feel right just based on these movies take me back to when I read and enjoyed comics. I want them to be close to the original.

If they did do a black riddler or any comic character I'd want a more intellectual and talented actor such as Denzel Washington or Laurence Fishburne. For the previous Batman movies they were comedies more than action to me with the first ok then got worse each sequal. I do think Carey could be a good riddler with a better director and script keeping him focused.

For Robbin I'd rather he be left out of this series. If they do use him do it with maturity and a good actor.

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Actually, I think the actor had the look of Cyclops. I just hated how they written him.

Pagan likes this.
  4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Yea that's what I was thinking.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    With the hair and face, sure. But if your going to have Hugh Jackman be massive as Wolverine then Cyclops needs to at least be close in stature, which he wasn't IMO. It just felt like Wolverine would completely dominate any scene the two were in.

6. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    This is true also.

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I heard their going to have Cyclops make a cameo in the new Wolverine so that should be interesting.

Jackman looks like he's been bulking up for about 6 months, or juicing his balls off.

8. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Only as a child Cyclops is.

They need to do something in the future to make up for X3. How they killed off Cyclops is rediculous.

9. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I would of cared more about that if his character wasn't so bad. But your right, it was ridiculous. I loved how they didn't even show it on screen.

I think it's gonna be quite awhile before we see another complete X-Men movie though. They finished Wolverine and Jackman already wants to do a sequel to that. I know their already trying to put together that Magneto movie too.

10. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

The current rumors about the next Batman movie ARE total BS. Here is some info on the current situation with the Batman franchise:

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm being inundated with bull**** rumors from sites that are just attempting to pad their numbers with created and made up rumors that would cause spikes in traffic because they surround a new BATMAN film.

There is not one shred of reality in any of these rumors.

The latest batch has Eddie Murphy as THE RIDDLER and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman and apparently Shia LaBeouf as someone.

If ANY OF YOU believe any of this bull****, you have found some crazy awesome drugs and I would like to have some of what you're having.

Read on here: Bull**** BATMAN rumors that are being generated solely for the purpose of traffic! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

11. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    How anyone could believe any rumor about casting or characters before Nolan has signed on, or officially declined to return, is amazing to me.

12. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    http://forums.thephins.com/502224-post24.html

:pity:

:wink2:

SCall13 likes this.
  13. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

14. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Damn skippy. :lol:

15. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    thanks for debunking these y'all!

DS; the article i posted initially indicated Nolan was already signed on, and i dont follow that sort of thing enough to know he hadn't.

16. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    Oh yeah, I'd probably believe it at that point as well tbh. I didnt read the link and only saw the thread after it'd been debunked. Adding Nolan to the rumor is sneaky lol. :up:

charlestonphan likes this.
  17. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

If they don't cast Kate Beckinsale or Angelina Jolie as Catwoman, then it will be a mistake imo.

And Eddie as The Riddler doesn't sound right at all. I know it has been debunke,d but still, the thought of it seems...off. Of course, I thought that Heath Ledger as the Joker would be the death of the series (no pun intended), and he turned out to steal the movie so who knows.

charlestonphan likes this.
  18. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Kate Beckinsale... awww yeeah.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I just found this thread but yes these rumors are all pretty much BS. Nolan and Bale both stated that there would be no Robin in any of these films and Nolan also expressed interest in using new villians not in previous movies.

However Nolan did let it slip that him and David Goyer (who wrote Batman Begins and wrote an outline for TDK) have started talking about ideas for the 3rd film story wise, so it's almost a given Nolan will direct a 3rd film.

Something interesting Nolan said though when asked who were the 5 people Harvey Dent killed (if you remember at the end of the movie Gordon tells Batman that Dent killed 5 people including 2 cops- and we only saw him kill Wuetz and Maroni's driver) Nolan said "I will answer this question, just not today". Here's the link: http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_nolan-talks-batman3-TDK-BDlive_12-19-08.html and this website by the way is awesome for Batman news and is very legit, the author gets invited to Batman related things all the time from Warners and DC.

There has been speculation that Harvey Dent/Two-Face is in fact dead however the 3rd film could possibly be a Pulp Fiction type film where there are multiple stories going on at once and Aaron Eckhardt did sign up for 2 films so he could possibly be back playing Two-Face via flashback as Nolan's films (minus TDK) have never been straight story telling, they usually have flash blacks, flash forwards etc in them.

Of course like I said all of it is speculation at this point but it is interesting comments from Nolan.

20. DonShula84

Jan 3, 2008
    At least I know i'm not crazy about Two-Face not killing 5 people lol. Everytime I watch the movie I try to think how I can stretch other killings to some how see if Gordon could accidentally blame Dent. Good info, and cool site.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I went back a few times to try and see who the 5 people were, including 2 cops. He definitely kills Wuetz in the bar. I'm assuming he kills Maroni's driver. So that's 2 people. We don't know if Maroni actually died in the car crash or if Dent kills the Mob guy trying to get into Maroni's car. So assuming he does kill them that makes 4. The 5th is a mystery. It wasn't Rodriguez because he flipped the coin and then punched her. Maybe it was someone The Joker killed in the hospital to get Dent out of there and was blamed on Dent or another cop with Rodriguez? I don't know but this is certainly interesting.

And yeah the site is awesome, if you have time to kill I suggest everyone to go there and check it out.

22. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Its a given he'll do a third movie, cause the second one grossed a BILLION DOLLARS!!!!! Link: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

23. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It's a given that Warner Brothers will make a 3rd movie because it grossed a billion dollars but Nolan isn't a sure lock. He won't come back if he doesn't think he has a solid story and could make a movie just as good as the last 2. But like I said I always felt when Nolan signed on he wanted to do 3 movies.

24. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    good thing this is fake, i havent even seen dark knight yet, but i definitely wouldn't have bothered if this was the cast for the second movie...just dumb.

25. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    You mean 3rd. First was Batman Begins,The Dark Knight, then this one.:up:

finsgirlie likes this.
  26. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    :wacko: oh, didn't realize dark knight was a follow up to batman begins...thanks for the correction. i love christian bale...but i think i might be the only person on earth who hasn't seen dark knight lol

27. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Thank the mother of all that is holy.

28. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I'm not up for seeing Robin at all, but after the Joker, IMO, Batman's most persistent nemesis is Catwoman, so I don't see how they don't do one of these without her.

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I've always hated the Robin character. Batman is a dark figure and having Robin as his tag team partner just makes the Batman character dumbed down and to kid like/campy.

I think Nolan's type on Catwoman would be interesting, much better than Burton's. I believe Nolan has stated that he feels having Catwoman or the Penguin in his movies would be tough. The Penguin was originally suppose to make a small cameo in both Batman Begins and TDK as an arms dealer for the mob but Nolan decided against it.

30. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I think having Catwoman as the main or only villan in the 3rd would be a really bad idea. I just don't like the idea of Batman "fighting" with a woman the whole movie. She'd be ok if only used as a side character.

31. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I agree and I think that's why Nolan thinks the character might be difficult to film.

32. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Does it have to be a fistfight between them? Through the first two movies, there's really only been one physical confrontation between Batman and the villain with Batman pummeling the Joker in prison.

It could be others, but to me the Riddler and Mr. Freeze don't come across as dark enough and Nolan has already ruled out the Penguin. Clayface and/or ManBat may be good possibilities.

33. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He fights Raj a few times in the first and Two Face gets pushed to his death. I really don't think anyone wants to see him chase around Catwoman the whole movie.

Freeze and Riddler would both be cool if done right. The others seem a little too out there for these movies.

34. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm not a big "film guy". I like movies for pure entertainment, and I respect those who appreciate the craft and camera angles and all that stuff. I may not know much about filmmaking, but I know enough about the entertainment business.

After DVD/Blu-Ray is taken into account, The Dark Knight will have made a billion dollars in profit worldwide. If Nolan doesn't want to do movie #3, they will make him an offer he can't refuse. The money is too insane for him not to be a part of movie #3.

35. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    OK, I'll say it.

I just finally watched Dark Knight a couple weeks ago.

Bale growling through the whole movie irritated me.
    Ledger was over rated, he outperformed Bale - but that didn't take much. If he had not overdosed he would not have gotten nearly the acclaim that he did.
    Murphy is not a great actor he's a great stand up comedian (or used to be) that is a passable comedic actor - he would have ruined the Riddler. Hell I would rather see Steve Carrell as the Riddler than Murphy.
    I hope Robin never comes back to the movies it's just not needed.
    Weisz (sp?) I would love to see as Catwoman.

Oh and I thought that Ian McKellen played Magneto perfectly.

opfinistic likes this.
  36. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    :pointlol:

37. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Eddie Murphy would ruin the movie. I hope it isn't true. :no:

38. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008

You're new Ron Howard looks like Gregory House.

opfinistic likes this.
  39. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    While I do agree with you, I do also believe that directors, especially successful ones, pick and choose their movies carefully. Nolan is extremely hot right now and will get big money to director his next couple of movies whether it's Batman 3 or Caddyshack 3. I also do believe that directors don't like making the same type of movie and making sequels as well as there is tons of pressure to make the sequels better and I'm sure they get burnt out doing the same movie/characters etc. Just look at a lot of the successful movies that had sequels and I'm willing to bet that for the most part the director of the 1st movie doesn't also do a sequel and that percentage goes down each time a new movie is made. Again I do agree with you that he'll be back but I think it has more to do with if he can come up with a good story and not the money issue because if the film bombs it could kill his career for a while.

40. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Christian Bale is incapable of not being great.

SICK, DevilFin13 and Pagan like this.