1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

casting news from next Batman film; "Gotham"

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by charlestonphan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i will keep on my heels....thank you.

and exactly why he may do something like this.....he hasnt done it before.

regardless gangs of new york was a big film, big actors, big director and he did it.....dunno why its hard to believe he would do the next batman?

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yes, but gangs of new york was a highly dramatic role. most of his roles are highly dramatic roles. i just don't see him jumping into fantastic action. doesn't seem to fit his forte.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    his role doesnt need to be action.....in the link i posted above it says how the riddler usually is never beaten by batman with force....but with thought....that could be very interesting imo

4. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    its batman though :lol:
    i see how he would be good in a psychotic role. i just don't see him doing it as it doesn't fit what roles he seems to have already done. as more dramatic as batman is, it is not as dramatic as the roles lewis has taken before.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Im guessing Anthony Hopkins would be a little to hokey considering the lecter thing, not to mention too old.

Couldnt agree more on not putting a cluster of villians in it, and please no one dare to play that joker role...

A Robin?

Should be interesting this newest Batman movies have been great dont wanna se it ruined.

I think Day-Lewis would bring the "darkness" to the role that it may need.

SICK likes this.
  6. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Actually there were a FEW things I liked about her. :tongue2:

That was Lee Meriwether, bro.

You're not alone. I dug DeVito's version.

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'd prefer Depp over Lewis.

Not to say that Lewis isn't a great actor, but I just think Depp would be a better fit.

8. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I always thought they could bring back Rachel to be Catwoman. She's somehow survived the explosion and is now pyschotic and revenge obsessed after batman doesn't save her.
    Plus she is the only woman who knows batman's true identity.It would involve some make believe but that's what comics are.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Or Leo. :shifty:

10. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I'd strongly consider bringing back the Joker and letting Joseph Gordon-Levitt take on the role. I think he is a pretty good actor and he looks like Ledger. Or is it just me?

[​IMG]

11. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Looks like him, but I don't think he's a good enough actor to match Ledger's performance.

Not that I thought Ledger was that good before the movie either though.

12. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Its certainly questionable whether he could pull off a comparable performance. I'm going off a small sample size when I say I think he is a good actor. I wasn't completely sold on Ledger either. So who knows. As long as Nolan is involved and happy with the casting I'll have faith.

In a way I kind of want to let Ledger's performance stand on its own and kind of leave the character alone out of respect. But the character they created is bigger than the actor playing him. And its such a great character that its hard to just set him to the side and forget about him.

13. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Thanks. They looked A LOT alike.

Newmar

Meriwether

14. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The Depp as Riddler, Jolie as Catwoman and Hoffman as Penguin rumors have been around since The Dark Knight was released. They're just rumors. I highly doubt any of those actors would be cast in those roles. Nolan likes to cast somewhat unknown actors for his movies.

There won't be another Joker in Nolan's Batman series, it has been reported that originally The Joker was going to be in the third movie but once Heath died, those plans were trashed. Nolan doesn't want to put anyone in a position to do another Joker so soon.

And no Rachel is dead. Nolan's Batman is as realistic and believable as possible. Plus by Rachel surviving it makes everything Harvey Dent did in TDK pointless and meaningless. Plus it would go against a lot of the mythos built up with the Catwoman character in the comics (I'm not saying the movies should be exactly like the comics but you can't have a Catwoman who's not Selina Kyle).

Again all of the casting rumors right now are a little premature since we don't even know if Nolan is coming back to the series or not.

Jt0323 and DevilFin13 like this.
  15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Bringing back the Joker would be a HUGE mistake imo.

16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Agree.

There's just no way they could ever do right by the way Ledger left it.

Even if it was good, it'd never be as good as what anyone wanted.

Plus I think the Riddler could be really good.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The problem with using The Joker character so soon (I'm not one of these fanboys that are saying never to use the character ever again because the character is bigger than Ledger and who's to say in 20 years someone else won't do as good of a job if not better than Ledger) is that the actor who's going to play him will be kind of forced to do a Heath Ledger Joker impression instead of making the character his own. No actor would want to do that. And no matter what it's going to be compaired to Heath. The actor would be in a no win situation from the start.

unluckyluciano and opfinistic like this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

Yeah isnt he like 5'8?:lol:

It wont happen

19. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Stallone is only like 5"7 and 150lbs :lol:

Just sayin.

20. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The majority of the actors in Hollywood are around that size. Have you ever seen Kiefer Sutherland or Michael Cukilis up close? You'd never believe they could be a bad *** in real life as they are on TV because they're so small.

maynard likes this.
  21. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
  22. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Batman 3 has gotten the green light and they have already started scouting sites on where to film:

According to Batman on Film, it looks as if the Batman franchise is returning to Chicago. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both filmed there, and Batman on Film received a tip that location scouting has begun in the windy city. Here is the part of the tip that they published…

"[They] have been out and about in Chicago's Financial District."

23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'd kind of like to see them turn the guy who wanted to blackmail Batman, into the riddler. His name was Mr. Reese (mysteries) and the huge public humiliation he suffered could send him over the edge. Just saying.

Pagan likes this.
  24. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    they must be having batman fight bernie madoff.......

batman versus the ponzi scheme from hell!!

25. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I love the new line of Batmans...best ever imo.

But Christian Bale's "voice" when he is Batman is kind of annoying. Ofcourse Ledger was far and away the heart and soul of the Dark Knight, so whoever the Riddler is better be damn good.

I still like Daniel Day-Lewis for the part.

26. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    It would, but it would stray too far from the origins of the character.

This has been beaten to death. He HAD to have that annoying voice. When you're the city's most famous resident, you have to leave NO trace of who you are if you're a masked crime-fighter.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    My problem with it is he decided to use the Batman voice in Terminator 4.

jdang307 likes this.
  28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    On the Batman on Film podcast word is that they don't expect an official announcement that Nolan is back until sometime either before or after Nolan's next movie Inception is released so Warner Brothers can try to use the Batman hype to make people go and see his new movie. But Nolan, along with his brother Jonathan and David Goyer are all back. They're also speculating based on how WB handled 'The Dark Knight' official announcement/press release, that when they officially announce Batman 3, that they will confirm who's been cast as the next villian as well as the title to the next movie. As of right now no one has any idea who or what characters will be included in the next film.

Again and I can't stress this enough if you like Batman, you NEED to check out Batmanonfilm.com, it's simply outstanding.

DevilFin13 likes this.
  29. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

With flying cars and a carbonite outfit you would think he could get a really high tech device to disguise his voice.

30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Some possibly Batman 3 news/rumors from a very good source:

Batman-on-Film is reporting the rumor that Emily Blunt passed on Captain America to play Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman) in Batman 3. The site emphasizes that as of now this is a rumor, but also notes that Blunt was considered for the role of Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, which of course went to Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Here's the link: http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_rumor_emily-blunt-eyeing-B3_4-3-10.html

Interesting, I think everyone assumes that Catwoman will probably be in the next film since Bruce would need a new love interest and there was also a possible hint that Catwoman would be in the next film when Lucuis Fox told Bruce that the new suit would protect him against cats (of course that line could have been a little wink for the fan boys).

31. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Robi... Ro... Rob... Robin?

This totally conjures up some terrible memories from Batman-movie past...

32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Robin will never be in a Christopher Nolan Batman film. He's gone on record starting hundreds of times that he hates the character as he feels it softens and tones down the Batman character.

33. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Bat Nipples.

34. Jeff

Jeff A.S.E. Mastur

Mar 18, 2010
    Plantation

[​IMG]

Lab3003 likes this.
  35. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Edit: I realized I was commented on posts from almost 2 years ago. What I get for only reading the first page of the thread. So, deleted.

That said, Daniel Day Lewis would be SICK for a role as a twisted character i.e. Riddler in batman. Would LOVE that

maynard likes this.
  36. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    as awesome as that would be, DDL only appears in a movie every 5 years or so.

37. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    This is rather late as a comment, but it just occurred to me that that's exactly what Green Arrow does on Smallville.

38. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Next Batman Film Slated for July 2012 Release

http://www.seattlepi.com/movies/419318_tvgmovies30.html?source=rss

39. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    inception looks ****ing sick

40. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    We should start to be hearing about any casting/characters around July/August if past history repeats itself. I'm pretty excited though that a date has finally been announced.

Fin D likes this.