1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell phone Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bg34, Nov 13, 2008.

1. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Anyone ever have thier phone die and not even turn back on even with the wall charger plugged into it? What should/does one do in this situation?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

burn it.

i don't know i've never had that happen. mine does turn off randomly from time to time though. it always comes back on.

bg34 likes this.
  3. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Well the battery was low today, and it finally died of no battery strength. It's done that before, but always comes back on when plugged in the wall? This sucks!

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

maybe it's your charger. i had that happen to me the other day now that i remember. i've got a LG phone so YMMV

bg34 likes this.
  5. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    this is why we have a Q&A forum!!

haha no really, that sounds like either you need to let it sit for a long while, in case the battery was really dead, or your charger is broken. if you know anyone else with the same phone try their charger? or you could buy one from best buy/circuit city and return it later saying it didn't fit, if that wasn't the problem

bg34 likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    This happened to me a few months ago. It was my charger. I was inserting the charger the wrong way and ended up damaging the insides of it. I had to get both a new charger and phone.

bg34 likes this.
  7. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    could also be that your battery is bad. Sometimes they just die, especially if it's an old battery.
    Posted via Mobile Device

bg34 likes this.
  8. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Well, I didn't know of the Q&A forum, sorry. It's not the charger, I tried my car charger and still didn't work. I'm headed to the Verizon store to hopefully buy a battery, prolly pay thru the nose for it..oh well. Thanks for your replies.

9. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Either forum will work bro. My wife had a chocolate phone get wet and it was done. She went to her back up phone an old one. May just be the battery that needs to be replaced bro. Best of luck, and hopefully it doesn't cost you a arm and a leg.:wink2:

bg34 likes this.
  10. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Did you try to take the battery out then put it back in again? Thats what I would do first. But that doesn't mean it will work!

11. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Yep sure did. I left it plugged into the wall while I went out for dinner, bout 2 hours worth..nothin. So I went to the store and got a new battery, workin fine now. $40 but oh well.

12. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    That's my advice. Sometimes the battery starts "slipping," due to those little prong thingies, and you can still get some mileage out of it, but eventually, the battery piper will have to be paid :lol:

bg34 likes this.