1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad from 2002, is Worlds Apart Better than Favre in December's Winter Weather???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disnardo, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Well, well, well, it’s hard not to like what I am about to type…that is if you are not a current Jet (Brett) Fan…

The biggest thing in the media as we all know is the Brett-Pennington dilemma. Specially leading down to our Week 17 game for the Division Crown. We also are let to know that Chad has a problem throwing in the Meadowlands in December’s wintry weather.

No, they drill us with the knowledge that Chad has had a career of poor games in outside, windy, cold condition…but that is not all entirely correct…all the “all-knowing” so-called experts lead you to believe that Chad is terrible but somehow lack to show proof

Here is Chad’s performance from 2002-2007 (17 games). These games were in the Regular Season December games, in outside northern stadiums (not including the West Coast)…

370 comp, 538 att (69% comp), 3,596 yds (6.7 YPA), 22 TDs, 20 INTs, and 85 QBR…

Remove the stats from his worst game in 2003, against NE at the Meadowlands and he is…

346 comp, 495 att (70% comp), 3,367 yds (6.8 YPA), 22 TDs, 15 INTs, and 91 QBR…

So in 16 games his numbers look pretty good don’t they…In cold, outside, December weather, for good ole noodle arm…

Not bad considering that Tom Brady has averaged an 86 QBR a season, in 4 out of his 7 year career, including 2 Super Bowls. But this is not about TB…

So here is the next question that it’s never really answered with any statistics. How has Chad performed in the Meadowlands in December?

In the 9 games played in NY in December Chad has…

180 comp, 273 att (66% comp), 1,847 yds (6.8 YPA), 11 TDs, 12 INTs, and 80 QBR…

Bad….Terrible you might say, but, hold on a moment…9 games…what if we remove his worst game performance against the Patriots in 2003 again??? What do we have then…

In 8 games Chad has played in December in NY

156 comp, 230 att (69% comp), 1,618 yds (7.0 YPA), 11 TDs, 7 INTs, and 91 QBR…

Wow, not excellent but nice numbers, good huh… and I am not manipulating the stats… just removing his worst game…Where Chad had played horrible, and in the Meadowlands, and in December and in cold-windy conditions…

Chad’s game in 2003, is this game the only game that all those experts remember???

One thing that they forget to mention is, “HOW HAS BRETT PERFORMED,” in the same environment?

What about Brett Favre in December in cold-wintry, windy weather, what is his performance like? What is Brett’s performance in the Meadowlands at this time of year? Nothing mentioning that he is either performing good, bad or OK???

Well I have those stats too…

From 2002-2008 Brett in the Regular Season, in December, outside games in the northern cities (not including the West Coast)…

In 23 games in December, Brett’s performance is…

459 comp, 796 att (58% comp), 4,779 yds (6.0 YPA), 21 TDs, 35 INTs and 66 QBR…

These numbers are terrible, worst that Chad, but you don’t hear anyone talking about Brett’s numbers in December. Why???

So let’s help Brett out and remove his worst game like I did for Chad, OK??? We will remove his worst game against Chicago in 2005…

So in 22 games Brett performance looks like…

429 comp, 745 att (57% comp), 4,462 yds (6.0 YPA), 21 TDs, 31 INTs, and 67 QBR…

Wow, that removing his worst INT game actually DID NOT HELP HIM for the most part…

Because of wins… The Packers have won, despite Brett’s bad performances.

Now we get to the real interesting points. And how has Brett performed in the Meadowlands in December??? Most already know this, but those experts again fail to mention this when they talk about the Week 17 match up…

Brett has played 3 games since 2002 in the Meadowlands in December

57 comp, 112 att (51% comp), 593 yds (5.3 YPA), 3 TDs, 5 INTs, and a 57 QBR…

Lets help Brett out and see…remove his worst game in 2006 against the Jets…

33 comp, 63 att (52% comp), 379 yds (6.0 YPA), 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and 62 QBR…

His record is 1-2, and guess when his only win was. I give you a hint (Last week...). Most importantly his 2 losses have been against Chad Pennington….

Strange you don’t hear that from the experts??? Or from most of the visionary Jet fans???

In closing,

Chad had 1 terrible game in NY, from 2002-2007. Take that out of the equation and he has performed extremely well in the rest of those bad weather conditions games (16 out of 17). Why the experts don’t see that? It boggles my little mind…

Unless this is how Vegas makes their money and gets people to not see the clear picture by having all those experts drill you with mis-leading information and not talking on players performance…

So for week 17, IMO, if QB performance in December’s, wintry weather conditions are important, that facts show the Chad is a “world apart and better” than Brett…

...the stats show it...:shifty:

DaFish, dolfan32323, resnor and 5 others like this.
  2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    excellent, excellent work D. Should be fun, but we gotta take care of KC first...or that game won't matter.

Disnardo likes this.
  3. Blade

Blade New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Great information and stats. Should be a great game.

Disnardo likes this.
  4. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Thanks RR...

I know the team is focused on KC and so am I...

Just wanted to look at all the media issues with Chad and wanted to see if the experts had an actual leg to stand on...

and I was just amazed by my analysis...:tantrum:

The results SURPRISED me...:yes:

but I am sure the majority of the Jets fans will see me as crazy...

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    yeah, they surprised me too because even though Chad has played well in bad conditions, you would think Favre would have been better. But it's not even close.

Disnardo likes this.
  6. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Nice post,, most "smart" people that know about football, know Chad's a very good... bad weather QB.

As far as the Brett-Pennington dilemma.Brett has had a better carrier, but since Chad's been starting in the NFL, Chad's been the better QB.

Again " smart " football fans know this, but smart football fans are few and far between.I won't name, names but their were people on this very site that thought Brett was still the better QB going into this year and thought the Jets players would miss Chad only as a friend and not Chad Pennington the football player.To funny!

Disnardo likes this.
  7. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Good points and thanks FD...

The main issue is that we are fans first, smart 2nd... and the majority of us fans use the emotional analysis to make a point. Not always the smartest way...

I will be waiting for Shou to make an entrance anytime...

funkdat likes this.
  8. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    good stuff

funkdat and Disnardo like this.